Switch Annual Pass MDE Account

jbehr12

DIS Veteran
Weird situation, my girlfriend and I are both AP holders and share an MDE account. She goes to Orlando in May for school and I am going to go to Disney for four days to surprise her so she can have some fun when she’s done with her conferences.

The problem is that since we share an MDE she can see my reservations in May ruining the surprise. I created a new MDE and had the reservation moved over no problem, but there seems to be more complication in moving my AP over so I can make FPs. The cast member I was talking to on the phone left me with “someone will email you to follow up after it’s fixed”.

A couple questions: why is moving an AP so complicated? Are they even going to be able to, I haven’t received any email yet..? Lastly is there a better way to go about this that I am overlooking? Thanks!

What a fun surprise! But it seems quite complicated.

Not sure how often she logs into MDE, or whether the notifications are going to an email that she can access.

I'm assuming you'll be making FPs for both you and your girlfriend? In that case, wouldn't you have to move her AP over to another MDE account as well, if you're going to hide the reservations?

Then, if she logs in to MDE, won't she notice that one or both APs are misssing?

She logs in infrequently, I’m the Disney nut in the relationship. And believe it or not the FPs are for me, she doesn’t do early morning and will be staying in downtown Orlando and not on property, joining me when she’s done with her day. I’ve got early FPs because I plan on rope dropping since I’m only there three days. She has an AP too so we can make fast passes under our individual accounts when she gets to the parks.

She shouldn’t notice that my AP isn’t connected, she doesn’t look that deeply. I just don’t want her seeing my fast passes front and center of our shared MDE. And yes it’s kind of complicated, but not really... I’m hoping Disney’s system allows for this.

If your AP is already connected to you as a person in the MDE, can’t you just go to “you” and “invite” yourself to make an account? It really depends on whose account the MDE account actually is... because it’s a single person account and that person is just managing the other.

In case anyone is wondering Disney was able to make this happen and put my AP on a separate account. It took a couple days but Disney came through!

And about changing the password... definitely crossed my mind but comes off as more suspicious. Now our MDE looks the same (unless she actually goes to settings -> passes, which I’m very confident is deeper than she’d ever look).. long story short this is something Disney will be able to do if you’re ever in a similar situation and would like to susprise a loved one :)

I only saw this post-resolution. But for anyone else curious, you can move non-primary MDE profiles to their own MDE using the 'invite to connect' feature. You create a new MDE and then assign the profile you want to move in the 'old' MDE the email address of the new MDE. It'll move tickets, bands, etc.

In case anyone is wondering Disney was able to make this happen and put my AP on a separate account. It took a couple days but Disney came through!

And about changing the password... definitely crossed my mind but comes off as more suspicious. Now our MDE looks the same (unless she actually goes to settings -> passes, which I’m very confident is deeper than she’d ever look).. long story short this is something Disney will be able to do if you’re ever in a similar situation and would like to susprise a loved one :)
So was the original account her's and she was just managing you, and now you have your own account and she no longer manages your profile?
I'm just curious about how these things work. I actually have the opposite problem. I always managed our entire family but at one point my husband wanted to have his own account so that he could use the app on his own phone. Not to actually do anything or plan anything. He just wanted to be able to view our plans while onsite without having to constantly ask. Since he plans nothing, it's a total pain because now I have to manage two accounts whenever something can only be done by the individual account owners, like activating and deactivating magic bands and cards (we have too many and they can't all be active at once). Also, sometimes when I make a resort reservation it doesn't show up in my account but instead goes to his. It's annoying and we both wish he'd never gotten his own account, but we can't find anyway to delete it.

I only saw this post-resolution. But for anyone else curious, you can move non-primary MDE profiles to their own MDE using the 'invite to connect' feature. You create a new MDE and then assign the profile you want to move in the 'old' MDE the email address of the new MDE. It'll move tickets, bands, etc.

That’s true but I am the primary name on our account so I could not move myself and moving her would have been pointless, she would have realized pretty quick. The only way to move my surprise trip on my AP while getting fast passes that wouldn’t give away the surprise was to make a new MDE and temporarily connect my AP to it.

For your problem whatsthebuzz,
I’m not entirely sure, I’ve never had the reverse situation. As far as I know plans can only be made by the primary account adding additional guests under the primary, but I’ve never had to do anything further so hopefully someone else more knowledgeable can add in :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter