SWGE Anaheim Opening Day Reservation Holders!!!

As the person “on this very board” who split their hotel stay, I did not do so to get multiple SWGE reservations. I was booked at DLH for my stay & decided to move to GCH. However the 1st night of my trip was not available at GCH unless I wanted to pay for club level, which I didn’t. So, I split my stay. Based on how Disney worded all of their statements regarding on site guest reservations, I did not expect to get one for staying 1 night on May 30th. But, I did, in addition to another for my 2nd stay. And as I said in my original post on this board I was pleasantly “surprised”.

I don’t see how I would be gaming the system either way. Disney is most likely holding back some SWGE reservations for vacant hotel rooms that get booked at the last minute. They pretty much have to because they’ve made the commitment to onsite guests that there will be a spot for them. So, a reservation probably would have been saved for the GCH hotel room that I’m occupying. Possibly even 2 reservations as I’m staying 2 nights. So, if I wasn’t staying there then the reservations would either go unused or get taken by one or more other groups staying in that room those nights. What is the difference if it’s me getting that time slot or someone else? In no way am I blocking anyone else from staying on site & getting a reservation for themselves if they want to.

This is of course completely different from the people that booked multiple rooms for the same guests on the same nights, as they’re reducing the room availability. Which really does impact guests that may have stayed on property otherwise. And, it’s different than people trying to book several spots in the upcoming public reservation system.

And if Disney felt splitting stays was “gaming the system” they would not have issued the multiple reservations.

My apologies for any confusion, and let me be clear: I do not think this is "gaming the system" and if Disney allows it, that is great. Similarly, if Disney allows those of us with hotel reservations to also try to get additional reservations online, I'm going to go for it. It may require the same kind of workaround (two Disneyland accounts vs. two hotel stays) but if Disney allows it, I'm all for it and I hope it works out for me.

Have a great time both times -- I really think that second time slot will make all the difference in having a full Batuu experience (plus riding the Falcon twice). I hope it's awesome!

My apologies for any confusion, and let me be clear: I do not think this is "gaming the system" and if Disney allows it, that is great. Similarly, if Disney allows those of us with hotel reservations to also try to get additional reservations online, I'm going to go for it. It may require the same kind of workaround (two Disneyland accounts vs. two hotel stays) but if Disney allows it, I'm all for it and I hope it works out for me.

Have a great time both times -- I really think that second time slot will make all the difference in having a full Batuu experience (plus riding the Falcon twice). I hope it's awesome!
Wow! That was a really nice reply. I try to avoid making too strong of statements on these boards because I really don’t want to get caught up in arguments when discussing a topic that is the source of so my joy for me. But, I definitely have a trigger if I feel someone is calling me a liar or saying that I’m doing something dishonest. As a result, my guard went up & my post was super defensive. Your reply however completely disarmed me. Thank you for the kind response.

App

Apparently the blue is rumoured to be a berry and melon flavour and the green should be a citrus-y flavour:)
Is anyone else weirded out by the idea of a citrus milkshake? Berry sounds okay... I like strawberry milkshakes, so blueberry or similar is probably good. But citrus?

Is anyone else weirded out by the idea of a citrus milkshake? Berry sounds okay... I like strawberry milkshakes, so blueberry or similar is probably good. But citrus?
Also, please someone report back as soon as you've tried these drinks! I want to like them, I really do.

I think because it’s not dairy, the citrus will be good. I don’t know if you’ve ever had an “Orange Julius”, which is a mall/fast food company. I picture them to be similar & they are really really good. I’m personally sad about the blue ones. I love berry, but not melon. And everything I’ve heard on those emphasizes melon as the primary flavor.

Question. Just booked tonight at DHL for a stay between June 21st and 25th. Will I get a SWGE reservation even if I’m staying past the 23rd? And does one get the reservation email right away after booking or does it take a while? Gotta do anything to get it? Thanks. Any info appreciated.

You should get a reservation. We got a reservation, and we are checking in on June 23rd and staying through June 28. I can’t help you with the question about the email though - we are staying on DVC points and never got an email. I had to call to confirm our reservation. I would recommend calling today to confirm your reservation and in case you want to change your reservation time. I suspect that will be easier before they open up the reservations to the general public.

I had to look 50/50 bar up, always just called those creamsicle. But yes, that. Or something like a dole whip....
Oh yeah a creamsicle. Those are pretty good. I guess it could work.

They have a citrus swirl at WDW. I’m pretty sure it’s vanilla ice cream & an orange/citrus ice cream. I’ve never had it myself, but it’s very very popular. So, there is definitely some potential for a citrus milkshake to to come out tasting great.

And now I remember the ice cream cups as a kid. They were maybe the size of a pudding cup. They came in 2 varieties. One was chocolate & vanilla ice cream. The other was orange & vanilla. Those were really good. Green milk is sounding better by the second.

And as someone who has a petrifying fear of pouring milk out of carton, only to find that is spoiled & turned some nasty color, it means a lot for me to want something called green milk.

Last edited:
Just read a post that lineups will not be allowed until 6am in the esplanade. Let’s hope that’s true for opening day too. If anyone has this info confirmed, please update.
May the 4th be with you all!

Just read a post that lineups will not be allowed until 6am in the esplanade. Let’s hope that’s true for opening day too. If anyone has this info confirmed, please update.
May the 4th be with you all!
Can you direct to where you saw this post?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter