Swap Ideas for 2009

rlovew

DIS Veteran
Its about that time of year when we think about what we would like to do in the coming year and figure out the swap calendar. What new swaps or repeats would you like in the coming year. Just because someone suggests one doesn't mean they need to hostess it- these are just possibilities for the coming year.

I am in the process of compling ideas into a list grouped by categories that Buffy can use to help us figure out next year's calendar. I would suggest that no one of us takes on hostessing more than 2 swaps at a time(or 1 large swap) and those only once a quarter. It is a lot of work and keeping up with swapping and real life can be hard. As hostesses and participants we need to make sure we are completing swaps on time.

Disney Swap Ideas/Wants:
Dining (specifically Character Meals)
Outside the Parks
Disney Cruise (Michellepooh- maybe do a general cruise group(s) within this)
Character Autograph Page 8 by 8 (123SA)
Character elements
Disneyland/DCA
Tags and Toppers
Lyrics
DHS (123SA hostessing starts in Dec)
Epcot
MK (123SA?- wiling to share)
AK (SIOH)

Technique Swaps:
Flocking (hopemax)
Paper Piecing (Hopemax)

Other element/page kit Swaps:
Everyday topics
General Vacation
Day Trips
Sports and More(AWM)
Pets
General Cruise
Surprise
Swapper’s Choice (hopemax)
Calendar (rlovew- with CPS)
School Swap (Disney Is terrifc hostessing - starts in Dec)
Color Kit Swap (one element/person- 123SA)

Recipe Swaps:
Slow Cooker
Cookie
Cake

Complete Pages/Other Types
All About Me 6 by 6 pages (rlovew)
Paper Bag
ATC
42 cents
Disney CPS (TCPShuana)
Holiday CPS (TCPShuana)
Calendar CPS (rlovew w/elements)
Greeting Cards (angelmom?)
Word Swap (one letter each)
Tag Book Swap (everyday themes)

Buy and Send Swaps:
Prima (MazdaUK)
Jar of Whimsy (rlovew- starts in Dec)

:goodvibes I LOVE the idea of the "All about us" book. Wouldn't that be so fun...

I also think the All About Us swap would be a lot of fun!

Some swaps I would like are:

Dining (particularly character meals)
Disney Cruise (I'll probably host again next summer)
Characters
Completed Pages

I love the "all about us" idea. This way we don't have to wait for the book to get to us next. We get it all in one package.

I too really like the complete pages. :rolleyes1 Not that I've used any yet.

I plan on hosting the paper piecing, flocking and "Swapper Choice" idea I proposed earlier.

How about a completed "Months" page in groups of 6 or 12...(not that I'm addcited to the completed pages or anything - and I haven't used any of mine yet either:goodvibes)

Dont forget about the idea for a 8x8 character autograph swap. I believe
123SA mentioned hosting this one. Looking forward to that one.

How about a completed "Months" page in groups of 6 or 12...(not that I'm addcited to the completed pages or anything - and I haven't used any of mine yet either:goodvibes)

I have used mine and I would be fine with elements or completed pages for a month swap but I would like to do one.

rebecca

I would like to see and do

Completed pages

8x8 completed page characters

Surprise swap

42 cent swap

Paper bag swap

cookie recipe swap

ATC swap

I would love to see one for Disneyland, themed out like for the WDW swaps.
I would help but am way to "cheeken"( think POTC!) to hostess!:scared1:
(I like alot of what I see tho, especially Kats)

I'll do the Disney completed pages and Holiday/Seasons completed pages if there is interest.

We do completed pages on my other group all the time in pretty much every topic. The last one we did was a "word" swap. The layout was designed around one word like love, family, etc.

OMG! It feels like it wasn't that long ago that we were doing this for 2008!:eek: I just wanted to say that the complete pages are great and I have been using ones I got a swap!:thumbsup2 As always I love the recipe swaps! :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to the swapper's choice, and I love the "all about us" idea :thumbsup2

We have no Disney planned for a bit but I'm a sucker for recipe swaps - and how about a slow cooker recipe swap? (There's about a million recipes on the cookery forum).

And everyday/vacation sort of stuff always gets used in this house:goodvibes

I don't mind hosting another Prima swap too - just let me make a dent in the ones I got last time :rotfl: Maybe later in the year like June, as its nice and easy to do.

There have been some fun ones listed. I especially like characters, calendar, cookie recipe, slow cooker recipe, general everyday/travel, surprise, flock, swapper's choice.

I'd also like to see:

cake recipe
outside the parks (like putt-putt, swimming, hammocks, surrey bikes, etc.)
I really loved the super sports & more and I'd love to do something similar to that again
Toppers & tags

I'd also like to hostess this year. I've got the school swap coming up, but I'd like to do more next year.

oooh i like lots of them! there are some really good ideas out there. i'd love to do the all about us ones. i've never done a circle journal, so this would be new for me.
and i'd love to see pics rebecca of the word one. that sounds like fun too.

I forgot one other swap I thought would be fun- Day Trips- things like going to a farm, museum, beach, places you go for a day trip on.

Rebecca

I'm happy to host a DL swap next year if previous DL hostesses don't want to host.

I've been liking the swaps that are useful outside being in books, like...

greeting cards (I know there was one posted, but timing was bad for me)
recipe swaps

just about anything altered

As well as elements swaps for Disney, DCL, pets...

I haven't done a completed page swap yet, but the "all about me" one sounds so cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter