Swagbucks for Disney - how best to use?

Karenj2

Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!
I've been doing Swagbucks for about a month now, and I've gotten almost $100 so far. We're not going to WDW until August (but might be going to DL in July while we visit BIL and family in CA).

I'm still torn on what do use my Swagbucks for - do I get Amazon or Walmart GCs and use the $ towards general purchases, knowing that by not spending "regular" money I'm saving for Disney (but not truly saving that money), or do I buy GCs that I can use specifically for WDW or DL (either Landry's GC for our Yak & Yeti, or get a BB/Walmart GC to then buy Disney GC)?

Opinions? Tips?

I've been doing Swagbucks for about a month now, and I've gotten almost $100 so far. We're not going to WDW until August (but might be going to DL in July while we visit BIL and family in CA).

I'm still torn on what do use my Swagbucks for - do I get Amazon or Walmart GCs and use the $ towards general purchases, knowing that by not spending "regular" money I'm saving for Disney (but not truly saving that money), or do I buy GCs that I can use specifically for WDW or DL (either Landry's GC for our Yak & Yeti, or get a BB/Walmart GC to then buy Disney GC)?

Opinions? Tips?

I personally like to get money sent to my PayPal because then I can just use my paypal card anywhere. Do you have a paypal account with a debit card?

I don't think I do - I rarely use paypal, and when I do, it's usually with my regular CC

I cash out for $25 gc for whatever I will be needing to buy from within the coming weeks (Amazon for pet supplies, Target for household stuff), especially since your first $25 gc of every month (excluding paypal) is 2200sb. I make my purchases using the gc and then immediately take the $25 cash and put it into my Disney fund. When I save up enough, I go to Best Buy and purchase $50 Disney gc with the QR code. I then get 500 sb credited. And I just keep the cylce going. I started at the end of Feburary and have $150 in Disney gc. I know lots of people get the Best Buy gc to buy the Disney gc, but with the system glitch/policy change (whichever it is) at Target, and the fact you have to do it in the store, I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of Best Buy gc if they change their policy. I know I will use Target & Amazon, I never shop at Best Buy.

Check out the Gift Card thread. Also the Swagbucks thread. I have been cashing out every $25 for Best Buy gift cards then going to the store to purchase a $50 Disney GC using the Swagbucks QR code once I have two $25 Best Buy GCs. I wouldn't recommend holding onto them and waiting until you have hundreds of dollars in Best Buy GCs for a couple of reasons. First, the SB QR code deal can go dead at anytime. Personally, if I end up with $25 or $50 in "free" money to Best Buy it'll get used on video games or something else for DH so it's not a huge loss. Also, many people, myself included, have been finding Best Buy will only allow you to purchase up to three GCs at a time. Most of us have found the Best Buy deal to be the best option for now. Target seems to be dead. Walmart/Sams Club works GC to GC but you don't get any bonus SB. Bed Bath and Beyond is VERY YMMV with GC to GC purchases.

$25 GC for the first redemption of the month just because of the discount (going to do Best Buy from now on because it looks like it's a better way to get a Disney GC). After that, it's PayPal all the way! Cash is king in my book and if I can get $25 cash for the same number of points as a $25 GC, then I want cash. That way, I can spend it at non-Disney restaurants like Shula's or to pay for groceries for the DVC villa.

Check out the Gift Card thread. Also the Swagbucks thread. I have been cashing out every $25 for Best Buy gift cards then going to the store to purchase a $50 Disney GC using the Swagbucks QR code once I have two $25 Best Buy GCs. I wouldn't recommend holding onto them and waiting until you have hundreds of dollars in Best Buy GCs for a couple of reasons. First, the SB QR code deal can go dead at anytime. Personally, if I end up with $25 or $50 in "free" money to Best Buy it'll get used on video games or something else for DH so it's not a huge loss. Also, many people, myself included, have been finding Best Buy will only allow you to purchase up to three GCs at a time. Most of us have found the Best Buy deal to be the best option for now. Target seems to be dead. Walmart/Sams Club works GC to GC but you don't get any bonus SB. Bed Bath and Beyond is VERY YMMV with GC to GC purchases.

What? You use BB gift cards to buy Disney gift cards and use the QR code to earn SB? Brilliant!

$25 GC for the first redemption of the month just because of the discount (going to do Best Buy from now on because it looks like it's a better way to get a Disney GC). After that, it's PayPal all the way! Cash is king in my book and if I can get $25 cash for the same number of points as a $25 GC, then I want cash. That way, I can spend it at non-Disney restaurants like Shula's or to pay for groceries for the DVC villa.

I use paypal cash to buy discounted gc at Target with my Red Card. Sam's sells discounted Disney Gift cards but I don't have a Sam's near me.

Thanks for your help so far! :) This is where I'm stumbling so far - We're renting DVC from an individual (from here). We've already paid for our flights, otherwise I'd get SW GCs. We still owe the renter her balance (which I think we have to do as a check), and then we also still need to get:
  • the Dining Plan (can I use Disney GC to pay for?)
  • tickets (which I was planning on ordering through Undercover Tourist, since there's no savings going directly through Disney).
  • We are planning on going to Yak & Yeti, so I think I'm going to do the Landry's card and pay OOP (with GCs) for that. (That will free up one of our dining plan credits for our fancier dinner out).
So I really don't NEED that many Disney GCs (except for souvenirs & maybe the Dining Plan).

I like the idea of getting GCs to use towards my everyday spending, but the only store I have nearby is WalMart, and I don't shop for food there. So, I guess get Visa GCs?

Thanks for your help so far! :) This is where I'm stumbling so far - We're renting DVC from an individual (from here). We've already paid for our flights, otherwise I'd get SW GCs. We still owe the renter her balance (which I think we have to do as a check), and then we also still need to get:
  • tickets (which I was planning on ordering through Undercover Tourist, since there's no savings going directly through Disney).
  • We are planning on going to Yak & Yeti, so I think I'm going to do the Landry's card and pay OOP (with GCs) for that. (That will free up one of our dining plan credits for our fancier dinner out).
So I really don't NEED that many Disney GCs (except for souvenirs & maybe the Dining Plan).

I like the idea of getting GCs to use towards my everyday spending, but the only store I have nearby is WalMart, and I don't shop for food there. So, I guess get Visa GCs?

Are you using swagbucks? If so, you can cash out through PayPal and have those funds deposited into your bank account, using that to pay the renter. You can use Disney GCs for anything at Disney, including the dining plan.

Are you using swagbucks? If so, you can cash out through PayPal and have those funds deposited into your bank account, using that to pay the renter. You can use Disney GCs for anything at Disney, including the dining plan.

I am using Swagbucks, but my Paypal account only is connected to a credit card, not my bank. (I use PayPal so rarely that I'm afraid it could become compromised and I wouldn't know it...) I like that thinking, though.

You can use them for tips at your table service meals as well, those can really add up!

you can't use disney gift cards to pay for the dining plan if you are renting a dvc rental. The dining plan must be added on by the dvc owner, therefore you would have to pay the person you are renting from for the dining plan.

Good on you earning so much already! I cash out for Best Buy at the beginning of the month with the discount and then every cash out after is for PayPal until the discount resets. I have been buying the GCs exclusively at BB because of the 500SB back. Though I cleaned out my local BB so now I'm eagerly waiting to get more. My family is convinced the GC to GC purchase with the QR code is going to get me arrested but I'll risk it.

you can't use disney gift cards to pay for the dining plan if you are renting a dvc rental. The dining plan must be added on by the dvc owner, therefore you would have to pay the person you are renting from for the dining plan.
Yes, you can. I always do a 3 way call with DVC.

Visa GCs always end up being a special sort of pain in the rear for me. Cashing out for PayPal is easy. Set up PayPal account. Link your bank account. You'll need to input the routing number and your bank account number. PayPal is a legit banking outfit, you can set up your accounts for instant notifications so you are sent notifications when any activity happens in your PayPal account so you don't have to be extra concerned about fraud. PayPal will either give you the option to log in to your bank account for instant verification and/or they'll send trial deposits. If you have to trial deposit after a day or two you verify the amounts of the deposits and then the accounts are linked. SB will send US$ direct to your paypal account and you transfer them straight to your bank account. No fees and no messing about with gift cards for your SB again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter