Survivor Gabon Fantasy League (Season Finale Tonight!)

KrazyPete

skeleton
FINAL TWO EPISODES!
We're following CBS' lead for the final two episodes of the season. This means that you only need to choose 2 survivors for your team on Thursday Dec. 11th! The two-hour long finale is this Sunday night, Dec. 14th! You may pick a new survivor team (two players) anytime before the finale airs on the east coast. Don't forget! There are two episodes this week!

Welcome to the DIS Fantasy League Thread for Survivor Gabon! Once we start getting scores I'll post a leaderboard here. In the meantime there is important information below about how to get into our private tribe so read on! I'll update this post whenever I have any new information. Good luck!

Survivor Gabon: Earth's Last Eden
Thursdays at 8:00pm EST

Posting Show Spoilers in this Thread
A "spoiler" is anything that might ruin a surprise in the current episode for a person who has not seen it yet. Out of respect, please do not post internet spoilers in this thread and do not talk about the show until it has gone off the air on the west coast (usually midnight Eastern time). I know it's hard but you have to resist the temptation to run here and say "OMG! I can't believe they voted off KELLY!" before everyone has gotten a chance to see it.

DisBoards Survivor Gabon Fantasy League: Week 10 Leaderboard
Player name: This weeks's score / Total Score
KrazyPete 509 / 2720
threeboysmom 479 / 2714
Sorsha 524 / 2531
MattyD 500 / 2378
aengus 375 / 2303
MPhins13 554 / 2291
LilyTheBootQueen 473 / 2278
See.low 482 / 2232
Cardinal 538 / 2189
palmnut 458 / 2181
CAJUNWDWFAN 460 / 2116
Amy 457 / 2080
kaylajr 473 / 2009
BriarRosie 375 / 1988
tinkabellspirate 463 / 1967

Fantasy League Team Picks:
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10

DIS Private Tribe(s?)
I won't rant about CBS' Fantasy League anymore. You can read the thread if you want more information on what went wrong. We're moving on. It's not necessary that you join the Dis Private Tribe on CBS.com but if you would like to, just send me a PM. Read on to find out how we're doing the Fantasy League this year.

Survivor Gabon Fantasy League: Dis Rules
Post your team picks in this thread anytime before the episode airs. Pick 4 Survivors weekly to be on your "team" for the current episode. Once you post your picks you can edit them anytime you like up until the time the episode airs. Posting or editing your picks after the show airs will result in your picks from the previous episode being used to calculate your score for the current episode. That also means that if your picks aren't changing then you don't have to repost them. They should be changing though, especially since we're bringing back the bonus points.

Bonus points. Just like last year, you can assign 1 bonus point category for each of your survivors. Our bonus point categories are going to be:

Catches a fish
We need to see the survivor in the act of successfully catching the fish. Fish stories back at camp don't count.
Finds a hidden immunity idol
Finds the place where the TV crew hid the idol. Finding a fake idol, or finding the real in a place where the true finder hid it (ie: digging through their backpack) doesn't count.
Plays a hidden immunity idol
This is pretty clear I think
Kisses another survivor
This needs to be an obvious on-screen kiss involving two survivor contestants. If kissing is implied somehow in the editing of the show, that won't count. Kissing during a family visit doesn't count. Any on-screen kissing counts (pecks on the cheek, etc.) as long as it involves at least two survivors.
Says the episode title
The title of each episode is usually a quote from one of the survivors. The Premiere was called "Want to see the elephant dung?" If chose this bonus point category for Jillian you would have scored. The quote needs to be heard in the episode. Being able to infer who probably said it is not good enough.
Brushes teeth with a stick
This happens more often than you might think. We'll award bonus points for this category if any survivor is seen picking at their teeth with a stick. Picking at their teeth with a finger, machete, small rock, whatever won't count. Only sticks.

A couple of old CBS categories have been eliminated:
Chops a coconut - Didn't see any coconuts in the first ep. I'm not sure they are even out there.
Gets naked - It's fun to try to guess who will take their clothes off but it could be a point of disagreement. How much nakedness do they have to show on TV before we all agree that there was true complete nakedness? We'll just avoid that discussion and eliminate the category.
Sings a song - Seriously, this never happens.

When you correctly pick a bonus point category for an episode you will be awarded 30 points. Bonus points are per survivor not occurance. So if you pick "Kisses another survivor" and your survivor kisses three people, you will get 30 points.

CBS.com Bonus Point Questions: I suggest that we just don't use them. It's kind of a "gimme" anyway.

Sample Posting Format When you post your picks we need to know who your 4 survivors are and which bonus point category you are assigning to each.

Marcus - Picks teeth
Dan - Picks teeth
Sugar - Finds hidden immunity
Kelly - Kisses

Remember: If you pick "Dan" you are selecting the white guy named Dan (32yo lawyer from Boston). If you pick "Danny" or "GC" you are picking the black guy (26yo maintenance man from Portland). Get your posts and/or edits in by 8:00pm Eastern time on Thursdays (if the showtime gets moved assume that this deadline moves with it).

Then What Happens?
Pink and I will both be keeping track of the bonus points during the show and we'll compare our numbers for the final count. Anyone here who would like to count as well, please feel free. You can PM your counts to me after the show. Sometime after the show I'll go through the posts for the week and combine all the picks into one thread. That makes it easy for you to follow who everyone is chosing and easier for me to add up the scores once CBS posts them. Once CBS gets their scores for each Survivor up, I'll add up all of our scores with our bonus points to create the DIS leaderboard for the week. The leaderboard will posted as a reply in the thread as well as the first post.

Cheap!
I'm going to be the final decider on what counts and what doesn't. If say that wasn't a stick that Matty was cleaning his teeth with, then it wasn't a stick. In the event there is a disagreement someone has to have the final word so the buck is going to stop here. I'm not an unfair judge though. Call me out publically on the board if you think I made a mistake and I'll be more than happy to do whatever it take to try to resolve the issue. The transparency of the scoring process should prevent any real disagreements from coming up.

What About the first week?
I think the process we had in place last week was fair and some of you put a lot of effort into making your picks. I don't really see any good reason to throw those scores out.

Survivors ready... GO! :hyper:

Since I'm obviously not KrazyPete and can't edit his post, I'm posting an addendum.

Basics for Each Week:

- Pick 4 survivors each week
- Post your picks here (MUST be posted by 8 p.m. EST the night of the show!!)
- You may edit any member/s of your team however many times you want until "Blackout" (which runs from, I believe, 8 p.m. EST through midnight EST the day of the show.
- Remember to post your BONUS picks along with your team!
- PLEASE do not post any "spoilers" here on the DIS until after midnight so as to not ruin it for anyone who might be watching the show late (as for me... I don't watch it until Friday so I'll just have to stay off this thread until I do)

NEW Fantasy League Scoring:
** I have bolded the NEW aspects of scoring this season. Arg, back to editing my Survivors...

Reads Tree Mail: Your team earns 10 points any time one of your Survivors reads aloud any part of the "Tree Mail".

Cries: Your team earns 12 points any time one of your Survivors sheds tears

Sprint Forward in the Game: Wins Immunity (group): Your team earns 25 points any time one of your Survivors is on the tribe that wins the Immunity Challenge.

Sprint Forward in the Game: Wins Immunity (individual): Your team earns 30 points any time one of your Survivors wins the individual Immunity Challenge.

Wins Reward Challenge (group): Your team earns 10 points any time one of your Survivors is on the tribe that wins a Reward Challenge.

Wins Reward Challenge (individual): Your team earns 20 points any time one of your Survivors wins the individual Reward Challenge.

Jeff Says Your Name: Your team earns 3 points any time Jeff Probst says the name of one of your Survivors.

Use of NOW Wireless Device: Your team earns 30 points any time on of your Survivors uses a Sprint NOW Wireless Device.

Chosen for Reward Prize: Your team earns 10 points any time one of your Survivors is chosen to share a reward prize.

Gets Immunity Idol: Your team earns 15 points any time one of your Survivors is given an Immunity Idol by any other Survivor.

Sent to Exile Island: Your team loses 18 points any time one of your Survivors visits Exile Island.

Sits Out Challenge: Your team loses 12 points any time one of your Survivors does not take part in a group Challenge: Reward or Immunity.

Voted Off: Your team loses 40 points when one of your Survivors gets voted off the island. Gives

Gives Immunity Idol: Your team loses 15 points any time one of your Survivors gives the Immunity Idol to another Survivor.

Receive Medical Attention: Your team loses 10 points any time one of your Survivors receives professional medical attention from a Survivor Staff memver.

GET POSTING!!

(still waiting on Pete...)

GET POSTING!!

(still waiting on Pete...)

I was going to wait until the last minute so you and Aengus don't take my picks! :rolleyes1

Ace - Tries to Open a Coconut
Marcus - Tries to Open a Coconut
Kelly - Tries to Open a Coconut
Corrine - Tries to Open a Coconut

I reserve the right modify my picks and bonus category assignments up to 1 minute prior to the episode airing.

I was going to wait until the last minute so you and Aengus don't take my picks! :rolleyes1

Ace - Tries to Open a Coconut
Marcus - Tries to Open a Coconut
Kelly - Tries to Open a Coconut
Corrine - Tries to Open a Coconut

I reserve the right modify my picks and bonus category assignments up to 1 minute prior to the episode airing.

WAAAAH! You're doing this on purpose to me!! :sad:

MY PICKS​

Randy: Tries To Open A Coconut
Kelly: Tries To Open A Coconut
GC: Tries To Open A Coconut
Bob: Tries To Open A Coconut

MY PICKS​

Randy: Tries To Open A Coconut
Danny: Tries To Open A Coconut
GC: Tries To Open A Coconut
Bob: Tries To Open A Coconut

This Dan/Danny/GC thing is confusing...

nav6dan.jpg
< This guy is Dan, just Dan.

nav7danny.jpg
< This guy is Danny but he's going by the name GC.

It's easy to see that you want both of them so this is clarification is for anyone else who might be confused. :thumbsup2

Cardinal (we need your bonus categories Card)
Matty- Gets naked (This guy isn't too bright :rotfl2: )
Marcus- Catches a fish (Marcus >>> Matty)
Michelle- Tries to open a coconut (Marcus >>> Matty > Michelle)
Jacque- Cries

I had picked:

Ace
Ken
Michelle
Corrine

Many days ago. But, every time I tried to add bonus points, the link would send me to the FAQ page. What gives?

woot. OK I will start figuring out my picks :)

I had picked:

Ace
Ken
Michelle
Corrine

Many days ago. But, every time I tried to add bonus points, the link would send me to the FAQ page. What gives?

The bonus has been "broken" - nobody has been able to assign bonus categories.

We'll just have to keep checking back with the CBS site tomorrow in the hopes that they get it fixed in time.

CBS Fantasy site is now up and running for all of you who haven't checked the other thread.... and I was just informed by a certain "someone" that the other thread needs to "die" ... in other words, STOP TALKING over there, Pink.... :laughing:

I was able to pick my team tonight. I'm assuming any of you with similar problems will be able to pick also.

Just no bonus as of yet...

CBS Fantasy site is now up and running for all of you who haven't checked the other thread.... and I was just informed by a certain "someone" that the other thread needs to "die" ... in other words, STOP TALKING over there, Pink.... :laughing:

I'm trying to simplify things here and you're not helping. :headache:

Maybe we can get a mod to merge them or something. :upsidedow

uh

what other thread? ROFL

ok what do you want to happen merged threads or lock the other ? @_@

OK here are my picks :)

Charlie
Bob
Jessica
Kelly

if you want to know why I am right, heres why :rotfl:

a marathon running lawyer surely can get through the first round and probably is going to do well in the challenge. (charlie)

bob will have his big day. Look at his experiences, this is the guy that will get camp done

Jessica because i cant wait to pick her bonus points for "gets naked" :banana:

Kelly because she is going to be an asset like bob in getting camp up and running

STILL no way to assign bonus categories. Come on, CBS.

Keep checking back to the DIS today because we still need to get everyone assigned to a private tribe, so please stay tuned for that once Pete gets into the office and gets settled...

I'm so glad the site got fixed. Let's mambo!

Ok, here are my picks and the bonus points:

Brooke Burke- Dress "accidently" falls off
Susan Lucci- Nominated for Emmy but loses
Lance Bass- Comes back to the other team, if ya know what I mean
Cloris Leachman- Breaks hip

Ah! No, these are my picks for Fantasy Dancing with the Stars. Sorry. :confused:

Here are my Survivor picks, just in case....

Bob
Randy
Ace
Crystal

Ricks (who would paso your doble any time)

Ok ok.... my picks for NOW... I tend to change my mind at least once an hour.

Wait, does that mean everytime I change my mind I have to post again??? :confused:

Bob
Charlie
Ace (yummy)
Marcus (double yummy)

we still dont have private tribes yet right?

OK, I've been trying to come up with Disney angle for our tribe names that keeps us well clear of anything like the "The Pretty Pink Princesses." So since Survivor is in Africa I'm thinking maybe a Lion King tie-in with names like:

Hula in Drag
Lovely Coconuts
Tastes Like Chicken
Cactus Butts
Squashed Banana

I don't know though. We do a Tarzan or Jungle Cruise tie-in instead. I like the Good vs. Evil angle but I'm not sure how to make it work. I'm looking for suggestions and I'm looking for them quick. We want to get these set up as quick as possible I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!