SURVIVOR 39: ISLAND OF THE IDOLS premieres Sept. 25, 2019

Thank you . I never heard that. This season’s PCness I’m really disliking. I would have sworn Dan was gay if he didn’t mention his wife and kids. That’s why I thought his touchy-feely 🤗 was annoying rather than true harassment. Either way, he should have gotten the message days ago.
I thought the same. Bolded part.

BUt if it's true that Kellee told him not to touch and he continued to touch, then he should have been booted. I surely hope that hair scene (on the beach) was not filmed way back before they swapped tribes (and before she asked him to stop...that looked, to me, like the scene where she did confront him). I wonder if Kellee was relieved with the swap and being away from Dan. Then at merge she was a bit anxious about reuniting. And maybe she discussed with Missy and Elizabeth how he was too touchy with her and she was nervous about it starting again. And Missy was all like 'OMG, I know...he does it to us'. Maybe it didn't bother them as much (which they said in their talking heads) as it bothered Kellee but they played it up for the game (also said in TH). Likely incited Kellee to be even more alert about Dan. If Dan crossed boundaries and was inappropriate he should have been pulled from the game. Period, point blank. He wasn't. Either it wasn't the issue they made it out to be...OR...the show wanted all this drama for ratings and to seem WOKE as they discussed these social issues at TC. Blah...blabbity...blah...blah!!! I hate it either way. I can't, in good conscious, continue to watch this show. Sucks as it was my only network TV show I watched (except Y&R during the day....gah, now Y&R will be my only...Big Brother and amazing Race, when on, will have to be my go to. I was going to dump BB too though...ugh).

Last edited:
Thank you . I never heard that. This season’s PCness I’m really disliking. I would have sworn Dan was gay if he didn’t mention his wife and kids. That’s why I thought his touchy-feely 🤗 was annoying rather than true harassment. Either way, he should have gotten the message days ago.

YES! I gasped when he mentioned wife and kids. I was SURE he was gay.

I am SO mad at how this all went down. Just Sunday, I was talking with my kids (all boys) about how any action they take can be misconstrued and twisted and to always be on alert with their behavior. That sometimes there are women who will play up any action a man makes as "wrong" and it can ruin their life.

And then, watching Survivor last night, this ish goes down and proves my point.

It was SO frustrating to watch. And, disgusting.

I'm very angry at any woman who would deliberately overstate concerns about inappropriate touching to advance their game play. Janet ABSOLUTELY did the right thing when confronted with their seemingly sincere accusations ( I would have done the same), and then for them to turn on her. They are disgusting, and have singlehandedly set back the "me too" movement with their feigned concern and casual allegations tossed out against Dan. The fact that this is a "game" is no excuse. I hope they all rot in hell for that stupid move. Kellee WAS being sincere, and we see where that got her (although it's her own damn fault for not using ONE of her two idols). SMDH

Well I guess I have lost all respect for Missy and Elizabeth. So frustrating for them to abuse and twist an issue like that. And even worse was their running to Dan afterward and then lying about what they said to Janet.

To be clear, I have no issue with people lying to each other during the game - but just the way these two played that entire situation sits very very poorly with me.

Kellee - I will miss, gahhh wish she had played her idol. She legit felt she had an issue and was dealing with it in a legit way, told the producers she didn't want intervention and she wasn't using it to try to get Dan out - she had to be convinced to switch her vote to Dan by Jamal.

Janet - got used and in a pretty crappy way by Missy and Elizabeth. But also then got treated pretty poorly by Aaron at tribal too who accused her of playing the "victim card", he came off a lot like a jerk there.

I like endurance challenges, but not 2 back to back so I was meh on the rest of the episode. By the end I was just feely really blah, usually I'm kind of excited or amped up after an episode, but not this one. This one makes me not really want to watch next week because I'm so annoyed at some many of the players that are left.

Janet is the epitome of a woman with class and dignity and did what I’m guessing any woman of her generation would have done by trying to protect those younger girls. Unfortunately Missie and Elizabeth are a sad commentary on how some of their generation ( both young men and woman) are in it only for themselves and don’t care who they trash or stomp on to get what they want and think they deserve. Yes Survivor is a game but what happened to Janet last night was disgusting and goes far beyond game play!!

I cannot believe that Dan seems to be pretty comfortable with Elizabeth and Missy, even when it's plain they faked "metoo" as part of their game play. Personally, I think his creep factor is high. But if E&M truly believe he didn't cross any lines, yet they said he did cross lines so that they could advance, that is the sort of thing that makes women not be believed.

I cannot believe that Dan seems to be pretty comfortable with Elizabeth and Missy, even when it's plain they faked "metoo" as part of their game play. Personally, I think his creep factor is high. But if E&M truly believe he didn't cross any lines, yet they said he did cross lines so that they could advance, that is the sort of thing that makes women not be believed.

Yeah I'm pretty torn on what I think of Dan. Clearly he was warned but then he acted surprised, and Kellee did ask him to stop touching her and he clearly didn't. But it is very possible that he had no bad intentions. I don't know, it seemed like his long winded apology was kind of off to me too. But on the other hand I feel like he was treated very poorly. Certainly a complicated situation.

I thought Missy genuinely felt he crossed the line with her....but then reneged on it when speaking to Dan. Liz just straight up fabricated stuff. Both are garbage people.

Aaron is also a garbage person. "I would have known if stuff was happening" "I would have been told". I wanted to throw up. Who does he think he is?????

And let us not forget what's her name...with the braids..."It doesn't both me or my game play so not my concern". Uh huh. Garbage.

And Dan is also garbage. Continuing to be the touchy feely creep even after Kellee told him to stop touching. Whether he meant to be a creep or not. He is tone-deaf and clueless and rude.

Jamal, who I was not a fan of, spoke up and put all those garbage people in their place. Bravo to him and Bravo to Janet.

They truly had to dig deep into the trash heap to find this year's bumper crop of truly awful people.

Was it Missy that told the story about Dan touching her toes? And then they showed it and it looked really awkward and strange. Granted, she did just shrug it off and it didn't seem to bother her at the time. But my goodness, what a creepy man! His arm was all the way stretched out so he could fondle her toes. :oops: I would NOT be okay with that. But sometimes young women haven't found their voice and think they should just ignore borderline creepy behavior.

Was it Missy that told the story about Dan touching her toes? And then they showed it and it looked really awkward and strange. Granted, she did just shrug it off and it didn't seem to bother her at the time. But my goodness, what a creepy man! His arm was all the way stretched out so he could fondle her toes. :oops: I would NOT be okay with that. But sometimes young women haven't found their voice and think they should just ignore borderline creepy behavior.

Yes that was a clip of her, they also showed her complaining about sleep positions and showed a clip of that. But then later when she was making up to Dan, both she and Elizabeth claimed that they loved sleeping next to Dan in the shelter. Very scuzzy move.

Dan-creepy
Elizabeth-scum
Missy-scum
Lauren-only slightly less scummy
Aaron-Arrogant scum
Karisha-useless
Noura-nuts
Dean- ETA: He's scum too. I'd forgotten some of his misdeeds.
Tommy-At present, I have no desire to kill him, and that's something
Elaine-the scum will play her, so she's an idiot if she trusts them
Janet-I hope she wipes out the scum somehow

Last edited:
But some of those women pulled a "me too" as game play.

This. There are some things that should be out of bounds. I wasn't even too crazy about what's his face using the dead grandmother story to gain favor. But as someone very much involved with gender issues, this was way off base and CBS used it as a, story grab. Jamal did make a goid point when he called out Aaron on his comment about the women coming forward. It's issues like this that keep some women from coming forward.

Yeah I'm pretty torn on what I think of Dan. Clearly he was warned but then he acted surprised, and Kellee did ask him to stop touching her and he clearly didn't. But it is very possible that he had no bad intentions. I don't know, it seemed like his long winded apology was kind of off to me too. But on the other hand I feel like he was treated very poorly. Certainly a complicated situation.

I'm not sure that he was warned directly. In the conversation that followed, it sounded like CBS met with them all and made a general statement without singling anybody out.

Did I see that right? It looked to me like Dan has built himself his own private shelter and invites the women into it? ICKY! And his over-the-top apology screamed of his protesting TOO much. VERY, VERY creepy! I have a feeling this is going to follow him back to the RW. I lost a lot of respect for the show last night. For a minute I thought Dan was going to pull himself out of the show at the second tribal but then they totally let him off the hook - like he was the victim. Nope - not buying it, not even in the market for it. Rooting for Janet now - BIG TIME!

I'm not sure that he was warned directly. In the conversation that followed, it sounded like CBS met with them all and made a general statement without singling anybody out.
This is a quote from Jeff Probst

"When we met privately with Dan, we told him that his actions were making some of the women uncomfortable and reminded him that personal boundaries must be respected at all times. We also informed him this was an official warning."

found here https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/13/survivor-jeff-probst-island-of-the-idols-epsiode-kellee-dan/

He very clearly got a warning

I thought Jamal handled the IotI very poorly. OK, so they gave him the paper and a pencil but he should have recognized that the note looked fake as a 3-dollar bill and just fessed up to what the island was all about. Who exactly was he protecting by fabricating the story? He certainly didn't gain anything from it. Sure he lost his vote but he could have covered that by saying he was given an opportunity to gain an advantage but turned it down.

Dan-creepy
Elizabeth-scum
Missy-scum
Lauren-only slightly less scummy
Aaron-Arrogant scum
Karisha-useless
Noura-nuts
Dean- at least he's not scum.....yet
Tommy-At present, I have no desire to kill him, and that's something
Elaine-the scum will play her, so she's an idiot if she trusts them
Janet-I hope she wipes out the scum somehow
Dean- Backstabber
Elaine- Follower of the scum
Tommy- Follower of the scum and delusional (to think Kellee and Janet would be jumping for joy to be bottom of a 9 person alliance)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter