Surprising Ma....I did pull it off!! Surprise is out!!!

I'm so excited, I almost can't wait for her to 'kill' me!! :rotfl2: I must be crazy!! So, got it all planned, gonna sit across from her, give her the card, and then when she looks up, take her picture!!! I'll post those tomorrow. I got special instructions, our daily itenerary and menus of places we picked out in a folder, with her customized maps, a couple extra luggage tags we had, and the disney planning cd. Throwing her as much info as I can!! I'll give all that to her AFTER the invite.

So, my sister, gotta love her...:rolleyes1 I was telling her about our stay in the cabin last week, cause we're staying there in sept also, and gave her some ideas that I had....first one was shampoo and conditioner, told her we should get one big bottle for us all to share, so the mini bottles don't take over the shower...and she said NO!!! :confused3 So, doofus me HAD to ask why....apparently she uses 4 DIFFERENT types of shampoos and conditioners!! :scared1: SO, I said OKAY, YOU get the shampoo, but she can't, she's flying, gotta have the travel stuff. :scared: Then finally I broke down and said FINE!!! I'll share with MY mother!!! I never knew people used that many different types. AND she rotates them on a daily basis. :rolleyes: first for me. Anyways, I'll give the update on her reaction tomorrow...if I'm still alive!!!! :rolleyes1

popcorn:: Well? How did it go? Was she happy about it? I bet she was. I know I would be if someone wanted to give me a Disney trip :goodvibes. Can't wait to see the pictures of her face.

Has your sister got really nice hair? I have never heard of anyone rotating shampoo like that either. That is just too funny :lmao:.

Yep, sister is crazy!!! I've come to that conclusion. She does have nice hair, but dang, i've heard of people rotating 2 types, but not 4!!! Updating the pics now...so I'll give that update next!!

So, we told ma on saturday, I only got 2 pictures of her reaction, so bear with me, I was tearing up, and so was she. We went out to dinner, and I MADE her let me buy her dinner, DH asked if that was wise, and I said yea, she won't let me buy nothing else for the rest of the year, so gotta get this one in there :lmao: We're waiting for our table, and I have a yellow folder with all the info in it, Ma decides to ask "what's that" And I tell her SOMEFIN!!! She was getting a little nosy, and concerned LOL Still not sure what she THOUGHT it was!!! So we sit down she reads her card, and I snap this...

Christiescamera012-3.jpg

I was trying to watch and take pictures, doesn't work like that!! LOL So, she reads the top part, and I get this reaction...

"I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD??!!??"

And then I take this one...

Christiescamera011-3.jpg

I think she was reading the rest. So, we then give her the yellow folder, I typed out the itenerary, menus, etc for her to see, and she goes thru it and all. She said she was in shock. Me and Aunt Donna told her to just go with it, and then we told her pretty much everything, except how much it cost!! :rolleyes1 She don't need to know that part!!!!! :) So, cat's outta the bag, not sure if she wants to change anything, but we'll see!!! I was nervous!!! But, she was fine, smacked me on the butt as we were leaving her house, but that's fine, if that's the worse I get!! LOL Tina said if she was quiet, that's bad....which she was for the most part!! Anyways, off to work! Have a good day ya'll!

awwww....what a sweet daughter you are!
I just sat and read this whole thread - great GREAT G R E A T !!!

awwww....what a sweet daughter you are!
I just sat and read this whole thread - great GREAT G R E A T !!!

Thanks minnie!! It's been a lot of fun planning this one, I called her last night, and it STILL hasn't sunk in yet!:lmao: This one might take a while! :) But, she did say she was telling everyone that came in the marina where she works that her girls got her a disney trip!! So, it's cool, I get to live, and ma is super happy!! YAAAY!!!! She still doesn't know if she wants to change anything!! Ah well, she's got time! :)

Played gin with DSIS last night on pogo, and talked about the trip, she's getting excited, and has bought her plane ticket!! YAAY!! DBIL got his old job back, so maybe they can start sending me some $$ for this trip, that'll be nice! But, sis said the plan sounds good, Ma doesn't want to change anything, she likes our food choices and all, and since the park hours have come out, they actually MATCH my plan pretty good!!! How'd I manage that? SO, it sounds like things are just perfect!! My Aunt will go down to the base and buy the other tickets, which is fine...my DU lady is making the ADR's for me, which is awesome....so I think we just need to sit back and relax!! Make our breakfast plans. I'll have DSIS for a whole day before we go, so we can get groceries for the cabin and such, so life is good. Alot better then I thought it would be at this point LOL

Found out Dsis comes in at 4:45 that sunday, so we'll have plenty of time to get groceries for breakfast. I have a small list for groceries going already. DU lady is all set to make ADR's...which is nice. Those get made on Wednesday. We're not going after anything too difficult to get, so we should be fine. I went to orlando yesterday looking for some stuff, found a couple of shirts at the disney store, so I'll have to take pictures of them and post them. Ma is still excited, and it was good news to hear dsis is excited too, that kinda shocked me a little. She did say she can have fun in a wet paper sack, which was weird, but okay!! HAHA We have more and more family members coming over for the ma's birthday for one day, so I have to make dinner ressies for like 8 or 9 people!:scared1: But, it'll be fun. We're eating at Tony's. Gotta find a cake now that we'll have a bunch of people to help eat it!! HAHAHA So now to go peruse the cake boards!! Still got a LONG way to go before ordering that! :) Trip is all paid for, except the extra one day tickets, Aunt Donna is getting those, and the MNSSHP tickets. I'm gonna see if Dsis can buy those for us. We'll see how that goes over. All in all, so far so good, not much left to do but get some clothes, and wait out the time....I'm ready!!!

I'm glad your DSIS is being good. It is stressful enough on me to plan for my crew so I know it would be hard planning for MY DSIS. I am about to lose my mind trying to get Dale to let me know where he will eat. I guess he can request a hamburger anywhere we go :sad2:.

Well....I guess something fell thru with my BIL and his job, so he's now TOTALLY jobless, and DSIS is freaking out! Saying she can't go and stuff. I told her to calm down, it's 3 months away, you already got your plane ticket, and those are usually non refundable...I can get the Aunts to help if we need help with the tips and stuff, but dang, I didn't need this NOW!!! UG!!!! Sometimes, I just wanna shoot her!! The whole trip is paid for, by me....tickets are bought, by ME, the only thing we have left is the MNSSHP tickets, and then tips and stuff. But dang...calm down!! She's gotta be the drama queen sometimes, I KNEW it was going to well!! LOL

Well....I guess something fell thru with my BIL and his job, so he's now TOTALLY jobless, and DSIS is freaking out! Saying she can't go and stuff. I told her to calm down, it's 3 months away, you already got your plane ticket, and those are usually non refundable...I can get the Aunts to help if we need help with the tips and stuff, but dang, I didn't need this NOW!!! UG!!!! Sometimes, I just wanna shoot her!! The whole trip is paid for, by me....tickets are bought, by ME, the only thing we have left is the MNSSHP tickets, and then tips and stuff. But dang...calm down!! She's gotta be the drama queen sometimes, I KNEW it was going to well!! LOL

Yeah it was going well, until I jinxed it by saying it was going good :rolleyes1.
Sorry :scared:.

yea, she's fine....quite a bit down, but I think if Mikie doesn't have anything by then, which probably WON'T happen, Ma and Aunt Donna will help. I really want my sister there....I know asking for trouble HAHA but this will give us good quality time to spend together and kill each other! HAHAHA nah, I don't get to spend hardly any time with her.

On another note...we got ALL our ADR's we wanted....
15th, 5:05 Ohana before MNSSHP
16th, 6:45 WCC after AK
17th, 7:15 Tony's for ma's birthday dinner...we'll have 9 people for this dinner!!! Family is popping over for a day, and we keep collecting more family wanting to come over!!
18th 7:20 Teppan Edo at Epcot.

So, everyone's happy, we have like 86 days at this point...so I can't wait!!!!
Everything is paid for, except the MNSSHP tickets..which those aren't a big deal, we're going on a very non premium night, so I should be fine getting those later on.

Got a universal update next!!

First off, this park ain't no disney...that's for DANG sure!! Second off, they have some rides there that just can't compare. So, we have DSD for a week before Chris leaves for Miami....and I found good deals on universal ap's for the rest of the year, so I said why the heck not?! So, we went, started out in IOA, and went straight to the hulk, didn't have my camera out just yet, then went to spider man, dr doom, etc. Then the water rides. WE GOT SOAKED!! I did have the camera and everything else in a ziploc bag, so nothing got ruined but a park map LOL After that we went towards Jurassic park area, didn't want to ride another water ride, so we ate, and then went down to the discovery center...

DS playing a game...
universal004.jpg

DSD wandering around

universal005.jpg

DH playing a game...

universal009.jpg

So, we went out of there, and Tyler thought this car was cool...

universal012.jpg

went to ride the dueling dragons, and snapped this pic of the new hp world..they're moving right along on it

universal013.jpg

we then sat down for a water break for a little bit, and took pictures of each of us...

universal018.jpg

universal019.jpg

universal020.jpg

universal021.jpg

It was HOT HOT HOT!!!

So, we went over towards suess land, and took these while waiting in line...

universal025.jpg

This would have been REALLY good if Tyler wasn't making such a face!!!

universal026.jpg

then we hopped over to US, and went thru twister...I took these

universal028.jpg
I loved the cow LOL

And the tractor...

universal027.jpg

then we went to ride the mummy, it only had a 20 minute wait...not bad for like 2 in the after noon, I took these in line, I LOVED the cat!!

universal029.jpg

universal030.jpg

we then went and rode jaws, where I got sat on and then kicked in the knee by the lady freaking out next to me, I was PISSED!!! After that, I limped over to MIB, we stood in line 50 minutes for that, and then decided to call it a day....we are NOT all day commandos...it was about 4:30 and we got alot done even with the crowds and heat. Getting there early does help!! On our way out I saw the simpsons getting into their van thing, so I took this of marge...

universal031.jpg

all in all good day, just HOT....definedly not disney, but still cool. I'd take disney ANY day, but got about 86 days or so for that LOL

yea, she's fine....quite a bit down, but I think if Mikie doesn't have anything by then, which probably WON'T happen, Ma and Aunt Donna will help. I really want my sister there....I know asking for trouble HAHA but this will give us good quality time to spend together and kill each other! HAHAHA nah, I don't get to spend hardly any time with her.

On another note...we got ALL our ADR's we wanted....
15th, 5:05 Ohana before MNSSHP
16th, 6:45 WCC after AK
17th, 7:15 Tony's for ma's birthday dinner...we'll have 9 people for this dinner!!! Family is popping over for a day, and we keep collecting more family wanting to come over!!
18th 7:20 Teppan Edo at Epcot.

So, everyone's happy, we have like 86 days at this point...so I can't wait!!!!
Everything is paid for, except the MNSSHP tickets..which those aren't a big deal, we're going on a very non premium night, so I should be fine getting those later on.

Got a universal update next!!

I hope everything works out for your sister. It would be bad to have everything planned out and her have to cancel at the last minute. The good thing is everything is paid for so she really won't have to come oop for anything if she wants to keep it in budget. I'm looking of a cool costume to wear to MNSSHP. Dale told me he didn't want me to wear a costume........:lmao:.

Congrats on getting all your ADRs set :banana:. I am so anxious about making mine next Sunday.

First off, this park ain't no disney...that's for DANG sure!! Second off, they have some rides there that just can't compare. So, we have DSD for a week before Chris leaves for Miami....and I found good deals on universal ap's for the rest of the year, so I said why the heck not?! So, we went, started out in IOA, and went straight to the hulk, didn't have my camera out just yet, then went to spider man, dr doom, etc. Then the water rides. WE GOT SOAKED!! I did have the camera and everything else in a ziploc bag, so nothing got ruined but a park map LOL After that we went towards Jurassic park area, didn't want to ride another water ride, so we ate, and then went down to the discovery center...

DS playing a game...
universal004.jpg

DSD wandering around

universal005.jpg

DH playing a game...

universal009.jpg

So, we went out of there, and Tyler thought this car was cool...

universal012.jpg

went to ride the dueling dragons, and snapped this pic of the new hp world..they're moving right along on it

universal013.jpg

we then sat down for a water break for a little bit, and took pictures of each of us...

universal018.jpg

universal019.jpg

universal020.jpg

universal021.jpg

It was HOT HOT HOT!!!

So, we went over towards suess land, and took these while waiting in line...

universal025.jpg

This would have been REALLY good if Tyler wasn't making such a face!!!

universal026.jpg

then we hopped over to US, and went thru twister...I took these

universal028.jpg
I loved the cow LOL

And the tractor...

universal027.jpg

then we went to ride the mummy, it only had a 20 minute wait...not bad for like 2 in the after noon, I took these in line, I LOVED the cat!!

universal029.jpg

universal030.jpg

we then went and rode jaws, where I got sat on and then kicked in the knee by the lady freaking out next to me, I was PISSED!!! After that, I limped over to MIB, we stood in line 50 minutes for that, and then decided to call it a day....we are NOT all day commandos...it was about 4:30 and we got alot done even with the crowds and heat. Getting there early does help!! On our way out I saw the simpsons getting into their van thing, so I took this of marge...

universal031.jpg

all in all good day, just HOT....definedly not disney, but still cool. I'd take disney ANY day, but got about 86 days or so for that LOL

Looks like y'all had a good time at US. I'm like you, I'm not a commando type park person either. If I get too hot or tired fun ceases to exist so the "parta is ova". I'm the Mom you've heard about, you know the "If Mom's not happy, Nobody's happy"? Yeah, that was written about me............:lmao::rotfl2:. I would have been pissed too about that woman. "Hey get a life lady it is NOT REAL" :sad2:.

That's funny!! I can usually fake it, for the most part, with the exception of slowing down. Once I slow down, I slow WAAAAAY down!!! I'm not sure if I told you, but I have a rare type of muscular dystrophy....it effects the face, shoulders, arms, and then in extreme cases, it goes down into the hips, which it's starting to do with me...so I'm naturally slow!! Which is a big reason I'm not huge into being commando! But, no matter how bad it hurts, getting out there and walking and using these muscles is the best thing for me....so I smile thru it. Hopefully this heat wave will end soon...it's just been miserable!!

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! As of July 1, Chris is not only just a frocked Chief, he's a REAL chief!! He'll start getting paid for the promotion as of then too!! WOOHOO!!!! Guess I better finish sewing on Anchors!!! LOL

That's funny!! I can usually fake it, for the most part, with the exception of slowing down. Once I slow down, I slow WAAAAAY down!!! I'm not sure if I told you, but I have a rare type of muscular dystrophy....it effects the face, shoulders, arms, and then in extreme cases, it goes down into the hips, which it's starting to do with me...so I'm naturally slow!! Which is a big reason I'm not huge into being commando! But, no matter how bad it hurts, getting out there and walking and using these muscles is the best thing for me....so I smile thru it. Hopefully this heat wave will end soon...it's just been miserable!!

I hate to get to the point that I have to slow down. I can remember my first trip to Disney and it was wide open all the time. I don't remember you telling me you had MD. It really is good that you keep pressing on. It does help. I wish it would get cool. Once again it is 79 in my house with the A/C blowing its brains out.

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! As of July 1, Chris is not only just a frocked Chief, he's a REAL chief!! He'll start getting paid for the promotion as of then too!! WOOHOO!!!! Guess I better finish sewing on Anchors!!! LOL

Way to go Chris :thumbsup2.

80 days!!!!! Woooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!

:banana::woohoo: 80 DAYS:woohoo::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter