Surprise Sweet 16

Frankie Heckish

Earning My Ears
We are surprising our daughter with a 16th birthday trip! What are some restaurants that would be fun for a teen girl? We usually spend months planning where we'll eat. I'm feeling pressure choosing all of this myself!

Would she enjoy the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian? My DD16 loves that kind of stuff.

Another fun place is Trader Sam's at The Polynesian. It opens at 4 (no reservations), so I'd line up around 3:30 to be sure to get in. It's very small, so once it's at capacity you have to wait for people to leave to get in. Different drink orders trigger "performances" among the staff. Plenty of non-alcoholic options too.

Wow, that's a hard question without knowing a bit more about her. Depending on her taste, I might think that she would enjoy a character meal (Royal Table, etc.), 1900 Park Fare, etc. But, if she's looking for an "adult" experience... then I would recommend something like the Garden Grill. If she like animals, Sanaa in AKL would be great... or if she prefers the ocean, The Coral Reef in Epcot. Let us know, and I'm sure we'll be able to give you more pointed advice!

At 16 she may not want to do a "child" dinner, maybe look into some options at Disney Springs? Morimoto (if you like that kind of food) has a trendy/upscale feel and it's delicious too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!