Surprise Swap ----complete!!!!

I wanted to ask a few questions as the sign ups draw near. In the grab bag mini kits, you said one of the items needs to be a box. I assume you mean journal box? Also does it have to be a box or can it be another shape like the below example I completed in different swaps?

IMG_260810_1.jpg

or a modified library pocket like below?

Picture001276_1.jpg

I saw these ideas listed as element ideas, but wanted to double check that they would count as a writing space in the mini kits. I just want to make sure I follow the rules, since I am new here. I know every board and hostess is different.

Also, I have two juniors that might be interested in group #11 (ages 8 and 10). Since I am new to these boards for swapping, I saw that I am limited to 3 groups. Would my daughters signing up count as two spots or would I still be allowed to sign up for 3?

Thanks so much :goodvibes

I wanted to ask a few questions as the sign ups draw near. In the grab bag mini kits, you said one of the items needs to be a box. I assume you mean journal box? Also does it have to be a box or can it be another shape like the below example I completed in different swaps?

IMG_260810_1.jpg

or a modified library pocket like below?

Picture001276_1.jpg

I saw these ideas listed as element ideas, but wanted to double check that they would count as a writing space in the mini kits. I just want to make sure I follow the rules, since I am new here. I know every board and hostess is different.

Also, I have two juniors that might be interested in group #11 (ages 8 and 10). Since I am new to these boards for swapping, I saw that I am limited to 3 groups. Would my daughters signing up count as two spots or would I still be allowed to sign up for 3?

Thanks so much :goodvibes

Michelle - Either of those would work great for a box!! I love them both and different shapes and types of boxes are always a fun change! Both of those sets you showed are awesome!! I am more than happy to welcome you into our little group! Can't wait to see what you make for this! So, anyway...that's for the box and then you can add whatever additional element you would like from the list for the extra piece!

For your juniors, they would not count towards your groups. So, you can still pick your own 3 seperate groups.

love your work Michelle! my dd megan is 10 and will be joining the kid group too!

love your work Michelle! my dd megan is 10 and will be joining the kid group too!

Lisa - I think we may end up with around 5 or 6 kids in the kids group...maybe a few more even. What do you think we should do...

1. Like our grab bags...they pick random subjects and decide how many to make at sign-ups (maybe with a limit of 5 mini kits)

2. See how many sign up and make a mini kit for each person in the group (all the same)

Which do you think sounds better?

Lisa - I think we may end up with around 5 or 6 kids in the kids group...maybe a few more even. What do you think we should do...

1. Like our grab bags...they pick random subjects and decide how many to make at sign-ups (maybe with a limit of 5 mini kits)

2. See how many sign up and make a mini kit for each person in the group (all the same)

Which do you think sounds better?

when I talked to Megan about this, she asked if they could make a photo mat, journal box and title....I would think if they made all the same it might be better and easier for them, I know it would be for Megan.
So my vote would be for the mini kit all the same!

Just a reminder - sign-ups are open tomorrow at 8:30 am. Please note, in group 11, I listed the requirements. For group 9, I listed requirements in the first post. Also, please remember when signing up for groups 1-10 to tell me how many you plan to make. (These do not all have to be the same...use up the scraps!!!)

just got done figuring out what groups I want! megan already knows what she wants to make!
this will be fun :cool1: see ya tomorrow!!

hey there OMG this cam up fast!!!
Can I ask for 2 groups to be added
since you have all the WDW parks covered can I have a DL & DCA group added not all of us get to make it to WDW that often :)

oh, good idea Surina!
hope things have been better this week :hug:

just got done figuring out what groups I want! megan already knows what she wants to make!
this will be fun :cool1: see ya tomorrow!!

Yay!!! My daughter (Lexi) has gone through the Cricut carts and decided what she is doing, too. She can go back to school tomorrow (because she went 24 hours without getting sick). So, today she was starting to get cabin fever. I'm glad you guys are all set!!

hey there OMG this cam up fast!!!
Can I ask for 2 groups to be added
since you have all the WDW parks covered can I have a DL & DCA group added not all of us get to make it to WDW that often :)

Yeah...it sure did! I will add those no problem! Do you want them as one group or two? I'll put them in as two for now and change if you want.

Dude they cant get any worse

I hope things are on the upswing...been thinking about you!!

Rachel and I would definately make stuff for both DLR & DCA :)

****Please note there were two groups added this afternoon and it changed some of the group letters. So, be sure to check which groups you want before sign-ups tomorrow!! ****

Rachel and I would definately make stuff for both DLR & DCA :)

Hey - been wondering where you have been also!! Everything ok?

Also Cheryl, you have a buddy you are signing up, right? Be sure to check the changes in group numbers!! Just so you know ahead! :thumbsup2

Getting excited for my first DISBOARD SWAP!!! Why is swapping so addicting?::eek: Glad to see DL is added too! Hopefully we will be making our first trip there this summer : )

Hey - been wondering where you have been also!! Everything ok?

Also Cheryl, you have a buddy you are signing up, right? Be sure to check the changes in group numbers!! Just so you know ahead! :thumbsup2

Everything's fine, just crazy busy!!!

No more sign-up buddy, Heidi decided to sit this one out since she hurt her wrist :(

Getting excited for my first DISBOARD SWAP!!! Why is swapping so addicting?::eek: Glad to see DL is added too! Hopefully we will be making our first trip there this summer : )

Glad you are excited!! We are happy to have you join us! I agree...soooo addicting!!!

Everything's fine, just crazy busy!!!

No more sign-up buddy, Heidi decided to sit this one out since she hurt her wrist :(

OK...so just double check the group numbers for yourself and Rachel. By the way, it is fine with me for you to sign the two of you up in one post again like last time...in case you were wondering!!

Yay more groups :banana:

I get withdrawls if I'm not swapping, sometimes I think its more fun that actually scrapbooking!
off to double check the new groups:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter