SURPRISE! Obstructed Verandahs on the Disney Dream…

does any of them have that panel, 7626 seems to have from the enlarged view ? anyone stayed in these?

Welcome to the Disboards. :cool1:
I agree, according to the photos, 7626 has panel on forward side. Looks like they are every six cabins so the next one aft with it, would be 7636, there it would be on aft side.

It would be easier to tell if the panels were actually in place.

Just got home from the B2B 3night/4night Disney Dream and wanted to finish reporting on the many of the positive and negative things on this vacation!

First, we were surprised to find that after booking a 5A category (stateroom 9566) to find a fairly large obstruction on our verandah. Even after checking all the images BEFORE sailing nothing prepared me for this! In fact it appears that somewhere between the TA crossing and the 2/3 sailing these panels were added to the exterior of the ship.

If you have any questions please let me know!

Thank you so much for posting this...this is our room...we're sailing on Feb 17 room 9566...honestly, I don't see a problem. Then again I booked 5E GTY...and I prefer deck 9 above all other decks.

Do you have any additional pictures?

I know this is an old post but trying desperately to find out if cabins 6536/34 or 7548/7550 on the Fantasy have "skin" obstruction. Thanks!!!

This is a very old post!

If you go back and read this and other threads, you will find this is NOT a issue.........The only one I ever saw who was upset was the OP. Many folks have come back and confirmed it is not a problem. We can confirm this as well as we were in 7578 on the fantasy last November and my wife's only comment was surprise that its was even brought up in the forums.

So relax and enjoy your cruise!:thumbsup2

AKK

I know this is an old post but trying desperately to find out if cabins 6536/34 or 7548/7550 on the Fantasy have "skin" obstruction. Thanks!!!

Hi there and Welcome to the dis!pixiedust:

I wish I could give you a absolutely no obstruction, but all I can say is I am pretty sure all those cabins are OK.

As I said we were in 7578 and had the extra steel plate between 7578 and 7576. There should be 6 cabins between each extra plate, if you count it out going forward, it looks like your OK.

We found the extra plate to NOT be a problem as most others do!

I hope it works out for you, have a great cruise! :thumbsup2

I am so thankful for your replies! I'm driving myself crazy trying to decided between these two locations.

More questions if you don't mind helping me please:)

1. Is 6536/34 above oversized verandahs or lifeboats. I think its the verandahs but read somewhere else that it is the lifeboats. I don't mind the boats. Are the oversized verandahs below noisy?

2. Is 6536/34 above staterooms (the response from above would confirm this question too). It appears to be to me but I read they are above the kids' clubs? Getting confused now :)

3. Will there be more motion in 6536/34 or 7548/40? The are both near the forward elevators starboard.

4. Are these rooms too close to the elevators. Will it be noisy?

5. Anything in the gray area across the hall from 6536/34?

6. Which location would you pick? My kids are 8,11,13. 11 year old sensitive to motion.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I need to decide so I can move on and enjoy :)

Amy

I feel much better about the "skin" issue.

If two connecting cabins have the "skin", will their verandah connect?

Thanks!

Thanks, Bear!

DCL gave me another option in the 4D category 6608/10 midship (instead of the Cat 5D we were talking about on another post), in between lifeboats. So this means skin but looking straight down. So knowing the verandah connect are important.

Too many options to choose from!

Amy

we are booked in rooms 8118 & 8120 (cat 4B) for our 2012 cruise on the Dream. Are these rooms ones with obstructed views? If they are i will try to change to different rooms! Thanks for the info!:confused3

Hi Nursejilly, can you provide any info on your experience in room 8120 on the Dream? I'll be staying in that room on my upcoming cruise and will appreciate any info you can provide. TIA.

Someone just directed me towards this thread. We are in 6598 on the Fantasy in May. This looks to be partially over the lifeboats. Should I change? I'm thinking maybe so??? Thoughts???

Spoke with Disney was not very please as I had booked this on the early booking day. My options are now to keep what I have or change to room 6124 or 6142. Both of the new choices are rooms that can connect to others. We do not need this and I really try not to book these since I once had someone walk thru in a high class hotel at 1 am.

Insight would be very much appreciated

I know this is an old thread, but we were just on the Fantasy in 9112-9114 There is a skin on the balcony between these two rooms and it does obstruct the view. Is it the end of the world? No. But I wanted to share a picture, so people can make their own decisions on what it's like.

DSC02629 - small.jpg

We were just in 8598 and 8596 on the Dream, and it was the same as above. Balconies connected, which was my main desire, and that panel was there. It did not bother me at all. Non-issue for us. Loved those cabins by the way!

Very nice pic. With a perfect angle for curious future pax in mind I might add.

Well done.

I'll add it to my folder.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter