SURPRISE! Obstructed Verandahs on the Disney Dream…

It's not an issue - just got off the Dream this morning and was in cabin 8064 - we had the vertical accent piece on the left side of our veranda. It was less than 2 feet wide (1 foot in either cabin). Yes it was a slight obstruction, bot not THAT big of a deal to need to reclassify the cabin. Can you imagine the rainbows of color on every deck map if they were to reclassify?:scared1:

Can I get some advise?

will these rooms have obstructed view looking down from the veranda?

6622/6620

or 6120/6122

Thanks again!

So I have 7660 booked is that an obstructed room? If so these are available 7558,7556,7554,7552. Which one (if any) are not obstructed? Sorry we have dial up and it will not load th full picture of the ship. Thanks for any help!!

I have stayed on 7556 on the dream and it was not obstructed in anyway that I can recall. This was in April.

Looking to book Jan 2014 on the dream Cat 4B (Deck 8) Do they AC rooms have an oversized verandah?! Any obstructed areas on those rooms ? or any rooms on deck 8 with an outside verandah?!

Thank you for posting this. I had no clue about this, and I do have one of those cabins. Great. ;0(
How many days before a cruise can you change your cabin?

Can anyone tell me which rooms in Cat 4B have these? Or do all of the rooms in those cat have obstructed views? I was planning on booking one of those rooms once the 2014 schedule is released!

If you haven't read the whole thread, the "obstruction" is really a big to do about nothing imo. There's video of the "obstructed" view somewhere in the thread if you want to decide for yourself.

I was in one of these cabins on the Dream (there's a picture somewhere in the thread with cabin #'s); if I hadn't read this thread I wouldn't have even noticed.

Yes, after reading the entire thread, I am not thinking this is a big deal.
I do appreciate knowing ahead of time though, so thank you! ;)

This is a old thread and except when the vessel was first sailed, it has not been a problem to gassingers.

There have been many trip reports and room reports that it was been mentioned and has not being a issue.

AKK

Somewhat by accident, I found this video of a stateroom with the aforementioned obstruction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN7ZD3YGadg, Balcony is shown around 1:50.

After seeing that video, I must agree that it is a non-issue for us. Definetely not enough for me to try and change the room since the location and floor are exactly what we wanted (9th floor near middle of ship).

I'd like to thank the OP though for bringing this up.

I just watched this video and I honestly don't know what the big deal is. As I stated previously, we actually request the rooms on the Wonder and Magic that have this type of obstruction and are listed as a Navigator's Verandah. And the obstruction on those ships is more pronounced because it curves up so it affects your overhead on one side a bit. And we don't find it intrusive or obstructed in any way. You still have a completely open verandah and a small corner if you want to hide out in your PJ's :rotfl2:

Our January Disney Dream sailing will be our first cruise ever and we booked the GTY category that got us an obstructed view verandah. I'm just thrilled that I don't have to have an inside cabin -- even with the nifty real-time portholes! Anyway, I've read on other forums that those obstructed view staterooms aren't that bad -- you can still see plenty and the curvature of the verandah helps block the wind. I guess if you've had a full open view before you'd feel let down but we have nothing to compare it to so we're just going with it!

I' having a tough time telling from the pictures if our room on the Fantasy will have that curve of metal on the verandah. We are suppose to be in 9530. It looks like the stateroom below us has it, but it doesn't continue up from what I see. I would like to know ahead of time. I'm not quite sure if it matters or not yet. I have watched the video and I am still trying to decide. I will need DH to watch it too. I know he doesn't like the way the verandas are on deck 11. So he may be more particular. Anyone have a clue if 9530 is one of these rooms?

Not sure if it is one not. But we have had 9090 on the Dream and Fantasy which are both slightly obstructed. It's no big deal- just a slight curvature to the metal trim on one side of the veranda. It gives you little more privacy and the view is still awesome!

I' having a tough time telling from the pictures if our room on the Fantasy will have that curve of metal on the verandah. We are suppose to be in 9530. It looks like the stateroom below us has it, but it doesn't continue up from what I see. I would like to know ahead of time. I'm not quite sure if it matters or not yet. I have watched the video and I am still trying to decide. I will need DH to watch it too. I know he doesn't like the way the verandas are on deck 11. So he may be more particular. Anyone have a clue if 9530 is one of these rooms?

Eva,
According to the Dream Photo, 9530 would have the slight obstruction on the forward side. But, Bear determined that some mid-ship stateroom numbers may be off, so, calling DCL would be best.
Our verandah, 7164, had the obstruction on the forward side. Didn't notice it from inside the stateroom nor when standing at the rail. Only when seated on the verandah was it noticeable when looking forward. I worked in a travel agency years ago and specific vocab was used to describe views such as oceanfront vs. ocean view vs. partial ocean view. In this case, I still think slightly obstructed verandah is a good adjective for these verandahs, especially when you are next to one that isn't obstructed at all.

We just got off the Fantasy and had room 8586 and I was very disappointed to see that we had a partially obstructed verandah that I didn't know about.

And yes, it does make a big deal. When I was sitting on the verandah, my whole view to the right was blocked.

It wasn't a big deal at all.... had no effect on our view. We have the same type of room again on tomorrow's sailing. It is nothing! :0)

does any of them have that panel, 7626 seems to have from the enlarged view ? anyone stayed in these?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter