Surprise AP & Ticket Increase

Kender

DIS Veteran
I shouldn't be surprised. But I am. Not a pleasant thing to come home to (especially this late) after a pretty fun trip and being almost certain we were going to renew. That probably isn't happening now. It was nice while it lasted at least.

Looks like the Sig+ is now a $1,399 pass. That's a $410 increase over what I paid for it this time last year (renewal). I'm not seeing the option to renew anymore, though. Kicking myself since I thought about just going ahead and doing it before we left Anaheim for home. Figured I could do it tomorrow or Monday. I should know better by now.

Website is down as of this posting. To see the prices, you have to go in the app. Looks like they're as follows:

SoCal Select: $399.04 ($20.42/12 months after $154.00 down payment)
SoCal: can't see this one since renewal only
Deluxe: $799 ($53.75/12 months after $154.00 down payment)
Signature: $1,149 ($82.92/12 months after $154.00 down payment)
Signature Plus: $1,399 ($103.75/12 months after $154.00 down payment)

I don't see anything for even being able to process a renewal yet if for some reason that's a different amount despite removing the discount last year during the last increase.

EDIT: Looks like MP is now a $100 add on.

2nd EDIT: Parking also went up. It's now $25.

More EDIT! MP appears to now be $15/day.

Another EDIT!: The surprise part is the timing, people. Not that it happened. We all knew an increase was coming eventually. But we didn't get any whisperings about this one happening until after it happened. That's the surprise.

Last edited:
Thank you for reporting this! When did this happen? That's $250 more than we paid when we renewed two months ago. Not surprised about parking -- we've been expecting that to happen any time now for a while... basically ever since WDW raised their parking.

Last edited:
Thank you for reporting this! When did this happen? That's $250 more than we paid when we renewed two months ago. Not surprised about parking -- we've been expecting that to happen any time now for a while... basically ever since WDW raised their parking.

Midnight PST. Not too long before I got home to the Bay tonight.

Also looks like MP is now $15/day. Updating the first post to reflect this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes sense. We left the parks just before midnight and hadn't seen or heard anything about this at that time.
ETA: updated the math on my previous post according to our last renewal receipt.

Last edited:

I shouldn't be surprised. But I am. Not a pleasant thing to come home to (especially this late) after a pretty fun trip and being almost certain we were going to renew. That probably isn't happening now. It was nice while it lasted at least.

Looks like the Sig+ is now a $1,399 pass. That's a $410 increase over what I paid for it this time last year (renewal). I'm not seeing the option to renew anymore, though. Kicking myself since I thought about just going ahead and doing it before we left Anaheim for home. Figured I could do it tomorrow or Monday. I should know better by now.

Website is down as of this posting. To see the prices, you have to go in the app. Looks like they're as follows:

SoCal Select: $399.04 ($20.42/12 months after $154.00 down payment)
SoCal: can't see this one since renewal only
Deluxe: $799 ($53.75/12 months after $154.00 down payment)
Signature: $1,149 ($82.92/12 months after $154.00 down payment)
Signature Plus: $1,399 ($103.75/12 months after $154.00 down payment)

I don't see anything for even being able to process a renewal yet if for some reason that's a different amount despite removing the discount last year during the last increase.

EDIT: Looks like MP is now a $100 add on.

2nd EDIT: Parking also went up. It's now $25.

More EDIT! MP appears to now be $15/day.
It's probably my fault. I've been trying to figure out for months if I should buy the AP and add Maxpass for everyone else in the party for our November trip. I decided I was going to do both, but figured I had time since they usually give a little warning about increases, so I didn't finish the purchase. Back to the calculator...

Given the assumption that this will be a 2 increase year, I am now even more nervous about the next one... The Disney realist in me accepts that the next increase will be bigger, and this $250 jump was hardly negligible. Cringe.

Yikes! We bought our tickets already for our next trip but did not add Max Pass. I tried to add it on later, but they said I could only add it on from the app when we get there We have a 5 in our family so this will add up with a 50% increase for Max Pass. I am glad we have our tickets. Lots of price increases!

welp my base ap just jumped to $1399 and if they don't increase prices again before July 23 I'll be up to $1949 plus tax for my premier when I go to upgrade for 19/20.

From the MP DLR Update (12/31/18):
The AP prices before today's increase for comparison:

Disneyland Resort Annual Passports
  • Premier Annual Passport ($1,579) – valid at both Disneyland Resort and Florida's Walt Disney World Resort; includes parking and digital PhotoPass downloads. No blockout dates.
  • Disney Signature Plus Pass ($1,149) – includes discounts, parking, digital PhotoPass downloads and MaxPass. No blockout dates.
  • Disney Signature Pass ($999) – includes discounts and parking. Digital PhotoPass downloads are included only for renewing passholders who had the benefit on their original pass; new purchases do not include this benefit. Some blockout dates, including December holidays and other peak days.
  • Disney Deluxe Pass ($729) – includes some discounts. Some blockout dates, including December holidays and other peak days. Park-specific blockout dates apply to all passes purchased, renewed or activated after June 2, 2018.
  • Southern California Annual Passport ($549) – includes some discounts. Many blockout dates, including Saturdays, December holidays and other peak days. Park-specific blockout dates apply to all passes purchased, renewed or activated after June 2, 2018.
  • Southern California Select Annual Passport ($369) – includes some discounts. This pass has the most blockout dates, including all weekends, December holidays and other peak days. Park-specific blockout dates apply to all passes purchased, renewed or activated after June 2, 2018.
Old Price for Parking: $20/day
Old Price for MP: $10/day or $75 to add to an AP which did not include it

Yikes! We bought our tickets already for our next trip but did not add Max Pass. I tried to add it on later, but they said I could only add it on from the app when we get there We have a 5 in our family so this will add up with a 50% increase for Max Pass. I am glad we have our tickets. Lots of price increases!
We are in the same boat. We already purchased the special offer tickets through undercover tourist but were planning on getting max pass when we arrive at the park. We are also a family of 5. I'm annoyed enough that I may not even do max pass now! :headache:

This makes me sad. I really like MaxPass, but with a family of 7, even $15/day prices us out. At least for family trips. Sigh. I guess we'll have to do the fp runner system for our upcoming trip in May and hope for the best. Also, don't they usually give warning of the price jumps? :-(

It's really quite ludicrous that Disney is charging extra for maxpass in the first place. Booking your fastpasses on your phone should be included in your already pricey ticket because that's where technology has taken us! Just wait until WDW gets the idea to start charging for fastpass+! :rolleyes:

Omg...this is all of me and my friends' faults..we were all "watch Disney increase prices before February since everyone expects them then"...and now look :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!