• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN!

I called and booked a spring break free dining trip, just in case. Can't hurt to have it on hold. I probably won't have anyone to go with, so chances are I'll cancel it in February, but I didn't want to lose out on the deal, just in case a miracle happens.

We've eaten outside at Earl's with rain coming down, too. That setting looks very familiar. Glad you guys liked the sandwiches. The bread is so good!

Shop or go back to the room?
A faithful DISer would shop.
An exhausted DISer would shop just a tiny little bit and then go back to the room. :laughing:

I check into how much a spring break trip would cost, and I don't think we would be able to swing it. :sad2:

You'll see in a minute if we shopped?!?! :laughing:

Cute pictures of the kids!

Sounds like you had a good trip!

That's a crazy price for a van! :eek:

Dinner sure looks good!

I hope you stayed to shop despite the rain!

Glad to have you along! Update coming up soon!

Alright, I really have to find time to eat at EOS this year. I've never been there and everyone raves about it! Sorry it rained on your first day, I hope it cleared up for the rest of the trip!

This was our first stop at EOS too. It's was a good sandwich!

Joining in!

Now going back to read. :goodvibes

Yay, glad you came over!

Hey, the rain can't stop us from shopping! We dashed across the dancing fountain in the rain to Once Upon a Toy. The kids enjoyed looking around. I had told Hannah (shopper extraordinaire) that we would window shopping tonight and she could make a list of the things she liked.

DSCF1401.jpg

DSCF1402.jpg

DSCF1403.jpg

DSCF1404.jpg

DSCF1405.jpg

I figured we would come home with all of these because she loves the Littlest Pet Shop pets. Surprisingly, she didn't buy any!
DSCF1406.jpg

This did end up coming home with us...Ben claimed it was for him because he loves Deadliest Catch, but I think it was really for Owen. Who has been playing with it a lot! :laughing:
DSCF1409.jpg

DSCF1410.jpg

DSCF1411.jpg

DSCF1412.jpg

DSCF1413.jpg

I think the Duffy bears are so cute! I got the 40th Duffy bear for myself!
DSCF1414.jpg

DSCF1415.jpg

DSCF1416.jpg

Owen wanted the train! But it was rated for 6+, so we didn't end up getting it, but told him he could get the Monorail. That reminds me, I still need to order it...better get on that!
DSCF1417.jpg

DSCF1418.jpg

DSCF1425.jpg

Yes, it's still raining!

Next up....Ben's favorite store at DTD!

YAY Shopping pics! I'm worried it's going to rain the WHOLE time we are there. I'm hoping that the weather forecast will change. I know that Florida is good for a shower or two daily, but I just don't want downpours ALL day. We'll be eating at Earl a couple of times too! Love that place...

Love shopping at DTD!
EOS looks delish.

We had fun just looking around and window shopping!

Joining in!

Shopping is my idea of a great way to beat the rain too!

Glad to have you along! Shopping is the best way to stay out of the rain! :thumbsup2

Subbing in! :)

Welcome!

Getting wistful here... I love shopping at DTD!

The shopping was fun!

YAY Shopping pics! I'm worried it's going to rain the WHOLE time we are there. I'm hoping that the weather forecast will change. I know that Florida is good for a shower or two daily, but I just don't want downpours ALL day. We'll be eating at Earl a couple of times too! Love that place...

I was worried about the weather too! I kept checking on the Weather Channel and it was showing rain everyday! We got fairly lucky!

So after checking out what the kids might want at Once Upon a Toy, Ben was ready to head to his favorite store at Downtown Disney......any guesses??? He played with these as a kid...why yes, it is the Lego Store!

DSCF1419.jpg

Ben really wanted all the Star Wars Legos and the POC pirate ship that is over $100 needless to say, I said NO!!!! He has several smaller sets of the Star Wars Legos and we don't have anywhere to put the big ones anyway!

DSCF1424.jpg

DSCF1423.jpg

Hannah and Owen like Woody!
DSCF1422.jpg

Owen found some he liked too!
DSCF1420.jpg

I would swear I took pictures of Snow White and Hannah with the dogs, but they are nowhere to be found....so maybe I was dreaming! I was tired at this point!

We also looked around World of Disney, but I apparently didn't take any pictures there!

After our window shopping we headed back to the motel to head to bed, it had been a long day! Of course, getting the kids to settle down and sleep was a bit of a challenge, but they finally did. Glad we only stayed their one night, because the bed was like sleeping on a rock!

We got up the next morning and got dressed. We had a morning snack in the room and then checked out of the Motel 6. Now, we had a few hours to kill before leaving for New Smyrna Beach because we couldn't get into the house until 4:00 pm. So where do we go? Back to Downtown Disney for some more window shopping and a few rides.

Owen really, really, really, wanted to ride the train. And of course, Hannah had to ride too!
DSCF1428.jpg

DSCF1429.jpg

DSCF1430.jpg

We walked around World of Disney, TrendD (I really want a Dooney and Bourke purse with the Mickey Balloons. Needless to say, Ben laughed when I told him the price and I didn't get one), Mickey's Pantry (still dreaming of a Mickey kitchen), and Marketplace Fun Finds. Hannah found a Tramp stuffed animal for $4.00 that went with Lady she got on our 2009 trip, she said she wanted to spend her money to buy it. So we did! (Look for his picture later, because I didn't take on at this time). Owen was getting a little bored with the shopping....it's never been his thing, so Ben said he would take him outside while I finished looking around. I come outside to find that Owen wants to ride the carrousel. I asked Ben really, because he won't usually ride on them. Well Ben bought the coins and then Owen chickened out, but Hannah went anyway.
DSCF1435.jpg

After the carrousel ride we walked though Days of Christmas, and the Art of Disney. I :love: that store! If I had thousands of extra dollars I would spend them there! Hannah saw the T-shirts and wanted to get her picture taken, so we did!
DSCF1438.jpg

She was having fun posing!
DSCF1439.jpg

Ben and Owen disappeared into the Rainforest Cafe. The kids enjoyed seeing the fish.
DSCF1442.jpg

DSCF1443.jpg

I thought we might eat lunch there until Owen saw the animals moving and heard the trumpet of the elephant. Nope he wanted nothing to do with that place and was ready to leave NOW!!! I snapped this on the way out...
DSCF1444.jpg

We managed to find our way into Goofy's Candy Co.
DSCF1447.jpg

DSCF1445.jpg

DSCF1448.jpg

The kids loved the mirrors and spent lots of time playing.
DSCF1449.jpg

Meanwhile, Ben was on the phone with his mom who told us we were able to get into the house early. We told her the kids were hungry and we needed to have lunch. After lunch we would be on our way!

Along the way, we decided that since Hannah got something, Owen could get something too. I knew he wanted the little Mickey train (looks like Mickey is riding in a BTMRR train) and was around $5.00. I told Ben I would go get that, while Owen rode the train one more time. (He still had a token since he didn't ride the carrousel). We headed our separate ways, Ben got this picture of the kids while I was off buying the train.
DSCF1451.jpg

I managed to make it back before they got started so I got to see Owen's train ride.
DSCF1453.jpg

DSCF1456.jpg

Next up....lunch.....any guesses where we ate???? A hint: Most kids love this place!

Aw! I'm in!

And for the record. I so wanted to ride the train and carousel. :lmao:

I've been spending my days working in my classroom at school. I start back next Wednesday, and the students start on Friday. I'm excited to have Hannah coming to my school this year. We don't live in the school system I teach in so we had to fill out an out of district application and wait to see if there would be room for her. So I will keep plugging away on the TR, but my updates might slow down a bit once school starts.

Back to the TR:

So we were ready for lunch and Rainforest Cafe was out....where should we eat? Well the kids always want McDonald's, so we headed there. But this wasn't just any McDonald's, it was the World's Biggest McDonald's! 2 whole floors of fun! The bottom is the restaurant and the top has the games and play area. They have a regular menu plus a special bistro menu.

DSCF1472.jpg

DSCF1471.jpg

DSCF1470.jpg

DSCF1469.jpg

DSCF1460.jpg

See Hannah peeking out?
DSCF1462.jpg

Hannah talked Ben into a few games...doesn't take much to get him to say yes to a video game! :rolleyes:
DSCF1465.jpg

DSCF1466.jpg

We had our typical McDonald's meal and were soon on the road toward New Smyrna Beach.

Next up....Wow! What a house!

I was going to guess McDonalds! Where did my response go? :lmao: I guess into cyber space. Or maybe I didn't press the submit button... :surfweb: Sounds like something I'd do on an early morning.
I've never been in the McDonald's in DTD, looks awesome!

Sorry you started off the trip with rental car issues but it seems like after that the vacation is back on track.

I too want a Dooney & Bourke purse with Mickey on it but still don't have one. :guilty:

Your kids are adorable. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

Hiya! Enjoying your Trip report. We are going to WDW and Vero Beach the last 2 wks of July 2012 and I wanted to read TP's for that time. Yours is perfect!!

Hey, I am from Indiana too! School starts back Tuesday August 16th for us.

I got the 40th Anniversary D&B WDW bucket purse this past trip we used Disney rewards dollars and we had Premium Annual Passes at the time so I also got 20% off. They only thing I regret is not buying the matching wallet at the time because they are sold out now :sad2: So I got a $250 dollar purse for around $60 dollars at the time. It was too cool!!!

Looking Forward to more!! :))

:cool1:

my dh could stay in the lego store all day. He's always too busy playing to fill the cup, which is why we have four thousand teeny pieces we can do nothing with (i didn't know what was for what:lmao:)

yeah for your dd getting to go to your school! that has to make life much easier!

can't wait to see the house!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter