• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Super Goofs Challenge April Edition

princessrunner

Real athletes run, others just play games...
Two months down and so far yet to go. The team to beat:

PRINCESSRUNNER (Captain) -Lisa/ME
ESCAPE (Co Captain)-Susie/AR

MICKEYHEAD-Chad/NH
CRUELLA DE MOM-Cecilia/GA
NUKEMAN (ESCAPE's HUBBY)-Steve/AR
PUNGODINGY-Angie/NH
CREATIVE BETH-Beth/PA
HOCKEYGIRL-Laurie/NY
lllovell-Laura/GA
SAP1227-Christy/FL
STEVE (SAP1227's HUBBY)-Christy/FL
GROOVYGIRLS-Joanne/NH
JMASGAT-Maura
ARELYSADRIANA-FL
DISNEYLUV
RAENSTOIRM-Carla/MD
DONAC-Dona/NJ
LYNNIELOU-
FLORIDAGIRL-Shannon/FL
SUZANNEWS-Suzanne/FL

Here is an inspirational quote for the month as we have some slowing and staring over and some struggling to move forward:

"Sometimes we look so intently toward the pinnacle that we stumble over the steps leading to it. Development begins just where you are." -Mrs. Herman Stanley

Trust your instincts, believe in yourself and carry the love of WISH with you always!!! :love:

Good morning Goofs!

I am feeling very sorry for myself this morning.

This cold/allergy thing is really taking its toll on me. I am resting as much as I can stand and I am drinking so much that it is bordering on unsafe. I only hope the race day adrenaline will carry me through tomorrow. There is live runner tracking at the ING website. PM me if you want my race number.

Believe it or not, I am more scared than I was before my first marathon. Of course, that time I didn't get sick until just a few hours before the race. I didn't have two days to get completely panicked about it.

Meanwhile, I wanted to thank everyone who got in an extra mile or so for me. I think we are all fighting that late winter doldrum syndrome but Spring is coming (and bringing the pollen with it!)

Cecilia

Cecilia: :wizard: :hug: and anything else you need. I would love to track you tomorrow!! Just relax and have fun oooh, and practice snot rockets. Got to love when others around you do that in a race!! :rolleyes1

I, too, would like to thank the team for carrying me this week. I am in taper for the half next week and have a followup procedure on the 9th. Here is hoping I am not out long and that cancer does not live here anymore!!

February versus March totals (remember hours are converted times)
PrincessRunner: 79.93/17.25-85.71/16.12
ArelysAdriana: March only 19.00/10.58
CreativeBeth: 123.00/28.33-101.50/58.50
CruelladeMom: 83.27/16.67-94.78/16.48
Escape: 38.05/12.17-67.50/16.33
GroovyGirls:42.17/20.78-60.59/24.92
HockeyGirl:16.00/15.35-11.00/1.88
Jmasgat: 28.05/18.27-61.40/24.85
Raenstoirm: March only 81.58/11.67
Lynnielou: March only 43.32/24.23
MickeyHead: 23.23/9.92-13.50/5.73
Nukeman:57.52/21.50-91.90/14.17
Pungodingy: 67.62/22.48-51.90/21.17
SAP1227: 23.53/5.63-35.16/22.38
Steve: 13.29/6.37/9.23/7.33
DirtyBunny: March only 8.20/1.30
Donac: March only 8.20
FloridaGirl: March only 23.50/.84
SuzanNews: 16.76/5.03-139.15/20.57

Give yourselves a big cheer, pat on the back and feel the virtual hug from your captain. Great job everyone!!!

HI

60 minutes total exercise time today.

35 minutes for c25k w6w3 for 2.3 miles! remaining 25 minutes for strength training.

Lynn

Hi All -

13.2 in 2:06:33

It was brutal but I got by with alotta help from my friends.

I am off to bed now. Perhaps for the night.

Cecilia

WooHoo Cecilia We're all proud of you. And thanks for being one of my inspirations on today's long run.

I did my training plan's longest run today-- 7 miles and I finished! A week ago I would have thought no problem, but the vacation really took something out of me and my shins/ankles have been sore, plus I have a nasty cold. I ran pretty slowly during most of the run, but I ran the entire 7 miles, so I a m feeling good now.

7 miles, 69:26 (slow, but who cares!)

Maura

Way to Go Maura!!

And I do not think that time is slow. Its a great time. What speed I have has come with time, so hang in there.

If I were you I would try to take it easy for a couple days and see how your legs feel. Then perhaps, since you have 5 weeks until Minnie, I would also consider doing an 8 miler at 3 weeks out. I think the confidence it will give you will help.

Cecilia- the grumpy mom who was woken up from her nap for a playdate. grr.

Good Day Super Goofs......congrats Ceclia! Good job on your 1/2 today.

Sat: 30:00 min bike ride
3.0 miles

Sunday: 2:30 (2 hour run, 30 mile bike)
13.00 (10 mile run, 3 mile bike)

Beth

Hi,

It was not a c25k day for me today......

60 minutes today exercise,
10 minutes TM walk for 0.5 miles
50 minutes exercise/strength training,

Tomorrow starts week 7 for me in the c25k program. All runs this week are the same a 5 minute walk followed by 25 minutes of jogging. I hope I do well and I feel that I am ready for this next step. I cannot wait for the final last 2 weeks and being a c25k graduate!

I will continue to keep on keeping on and am happy to be a super goof team member. ;)

Quickly popping in to say congratulations to Cecilia. You are an amazing person. I hope you felt my love and encouragement along your route. I followed your virtual dot all around the course! :yay:

So, now I am ready to post my miles from yesterday.

5.60 miles = 1:01 (11:00 mpm average)

No, not stellar but I did manage not to cough up both lungs and I could breathe fairly well during the entire course. I walked on purpose twice and by force a few more times. The sides of the road here are either frozen or not and you cannot really tell until you step on it...or in it. I had to walk up on the snow bank a few times too as I run on our local landfill road and Sunday is a VERY busy day. Apparently everyone takes their trash to the landfill on Sunday around noon. :lmao: I am officially in taper for the half now. Only two 30 minute runs and one 20 minute run this week. I am not 100% in the lung department but am confident enough that I can make the full 13.1 miles with my team!!! :love:

Lisa -

Thank you for your virtual Encouragement! I definately felt it because I was amazed at how I was able to run. I kept expecting to just fade out and have to walk but it never happened. I ran a 9:29 the final mile!

I hope I can return the favor this weekend!

I am sending you tons of Pixie dust that you are better by this weekend. :wizard: Worse case scenario - I found it wasn't hard to run while taking sudafed.... :rolleyes1 Also, my Dr has previously prescribed me some amazing cough medicine. I don't haveit any more so I can't tell you what it is, but it really worked. So don't rule out begging your DR for some relief.

Way to go Cecelia!!!! You're such an inspiration!

My weekend was good and bad...

the good

3/29
4 miles/63 mins
LOTS of pool time, but I'll say about 1 hour of actual counting time, we had relay races and played keep away, and just horsed around, so I cant take credit for all of it.

It was Mtn Dew Vertical Challenge Weekend, so the resort was hopping! We all sat in the hot tub Sat night and watched fireworks, this was my kind of camping! The girls had a really good time.

the bad

The germs floating around on these boards finally caught me...avoiding TMI, I lost 6 lbs between Sat am and Sun am...so I'm feeling pretty dehydrated and wrung out, so unless I count running to the bathroom (and I dont), I didnt get anything accomplished yesterday.

Today 05:01 AM
princessrunner Quickly popping in to say congratulations to Cecilia. You are an amazing person. I hope you felt my love and encouragement along your route. I followed your virtual dot all around the course!
Big congrats and what a great job.

Pungodingy Way to go Cecelia!!!! You're such an inspiration!

My weekend was good and bad...

the good

3/29
4 miles/63 mins
LOTS of pool time, but I'll say about 1 hour of actual counting time, we had relay races and played keep away, and just horsed around, so I cant take credit for all of it.

It was Mtn Dew Vertical Challenge Weekend, so the resort was hopping! We all sat in the hot tub Sat night and watched fireworks, this was my kind of camping! The girls had a really good time.

the bad

The germs floating around on these boards finally caught me...avoiding TMI, I lost 6 lbs between Sat am and Sun am...so I'm feeling pretty dehydrated and wrung out, so unless I count running to the bathroom (and I dont), I didnt get anything accomplished yesterday.
Get better soon!

Today I exercised 60 minutes total
Breakdown: 25 minutes strength/exercising
35 minutes c25k w7w1, 2.3 miles. I am happy with this.!

Thanks all for the encouraging posts, as always and I certainly am getting inspired to see where I go once I am a c25k "graduate".
TAKE CARE ALL. :)

3/30
While getting motivated by watching the Biggest Loser from last week, I managed to do 60 minutes of strength training.

3/31
Today I did a total of 1 mile of running while Geocaching in 13:00
ºoº

Good morning Super Goofs. I got in 30 minutes of weights and 15 minutes of abs yesterday. Just as I was planning to go out and run, yes, it started snowing. I really could just cry. This is just not fun anymore. Today is 50s and rain which I will run in, well, heck, because it is 50.

Great Bayers: I went to NB last night and they have tons of lime green stuff. Got to love that right. Since my shirt is one of the Race Ready's that had to be reprinted I had to find something that you could identify me my. I found a zip front hoodie that is just screaming lime green (actually it is aloe but that is beside the point). They were marked down from $45 to $20 and my friend gave me her employee discount to boot. It ended up costing me $16. Yay. :cool1: I also found a pair of capri running pants. Not my favorite length but I am going to try them out today. So now, look for the silly looking person in a lime green hoodie and black either capris or pants with a green bondiband holding back her Katie Holmes bob and IT'S MEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :cool2:

Great Bayers: I went to NB last night and they have tons of lime green stuff. Got to love that right. Since my shirt is one of the Race Ready's that had to be reprinted I had to find something that you could identify me my. I found a zip front hoodie that is just screaming lime green (actually it is aloe but that is beside the point). They were marked down from $45 to $20 and my friend gave me her employee discount to boot. It ended up costing me $16. Yay. :cool1: I also found a pair of capri running pants. Not my favorite length but I am going to try them out today. So now, look for the silly looking person in a lime green hoodie and black either capris or pants with a green bondiband holding back her Katie Holmes bob and IT'S MEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :cool2:
I have a large selection of WISH wear: tank, short sleeve, long sleeve, sweatshirt and hat.
I should be easy to find! :rotfl:

Training has been very sporadic due to LTO. I will definately be walking-only. But I am determined to finish!

Kristi, are they going to corral us at the beginning as walkers and runners? I would like to find everyone before we start so we can find everyone at the end!! I know I will recognize you, Chad and Angie but I have yet to meet Joanne. Also, I don't know if you got the PM with my cell, I will send it again if you didn't. We are staying in Durham at a HI Express and plan to pick up our packets at the Expo on Saturday afternoon/evening.

The walkers start a half hour before the runners - so not really corraled. Just different starts.

I did get your PM. I am a bad, bad DISer and forgot to PM you back. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter