SUPER Budget trip...could I get away with...????

Hopefully at least one of the kids is able to vomit on cue--this could work well for for souvies. Make sure the child wears old clothes to the park, and vomits on her clothing in front of a CM--they will surely feel sorry and set her up with a fabulous princess outfit free of charge. Over a seven day period you could save quite a bit and be the envy of every little girl back home!

I am really in shock.

No one has even mentioned corn. Canned corn is a great snack in the parks.

Maybe I missed it, but I'm not sure why you are paying for all the kiddos. Just let them alternate since they are so young they don't get fingerscanned. While some kids are in the park, let others poolhop or start the food for the rest of the gang. That way, you could save time and money. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh, and if you need to make great time, have one of your kids pretend they have a disability and get a disability card for hopefully a small bump in waiting time. If anyone says anything to you about "cheating" just remind them having a ton of kids to compete with in a family is a disability. :furious: :rolleyes1

My sides are splitting from this thread! I was looking for a little wind-down before going to bed, thanks for sending me off with a smile! And some GREAT budget ideas! :banana:

What about the Treehouse villas? You could all post as Disney employees for the week and stay there for free! You wouldn't even need to pack clothes, just wear the uniforms!

How did this old thread get dug up? The main thing I see missing from it is the solar oven photo that used to be inserted in Mad4themouse's response! (She is now known as AKAMad4themouse, budget board moderator--yes, she was promoted because of this thread!) That photo was a highlight on this thread.

Now...we took our trip in December of 2005 and I must say we went slightly over budget. Oddly, a lot of the ideas here didn't work like we hoped they might. I think too many of you used these ideas before I was able to implement them and DIsney seemed to catch on. For example: the breadbags were confiscated by the food court manager when my children tried to use them for beverages. Who tipped them off? I think we have a traitor in our midst...

This was my favorite thread of all time...(ok except for the Orlando Bloom thread)....my Favorite WDW thread :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

This thread is hilarious. :rotfl2: Thanks for unearthing it!

The DDP opens up a whole world of new budget-worthy possibilities. I'm sure the kids wouldn't mind eating from the condiment bar at Pecos Bill's Cafe so that you can save their kid credits to buy more adult meals for yourselves. :thumbsup2

Any others?

Who says you need a hotel room?

Have you ever read From The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler? Two kids run away from home and stay at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. After closing, they stand on toilet seats until security goes by. Your whole family could do that, and then sleep in the Haunted Mansion. :rotfl:

How about doig some timeshare presentations. They always give you free food. Having 8 chidren they likely will not keep you the full 3 hours. You can also get cash instead of tickets sometimes.

Wilderness lodge has a nice area with beach lounge chairs by the lake. Why pay hotel cost.

Buy some of Those glow in the dark necklaces to sell before night time shows, fireworks, ect. You are not going in a couple of weeks are you?
If so, stay away from my kids turf when selling glow things.

Be sure to take large cups to Epcot to fill for the night, fee soda.

Sams club is not to far away, great free sample snacks.

There is a fountain near Cindys castle. Kids could help Disney out by removing those coins so they do not get into the pump.

DVC resorts have free ice and laundry mats. No need to bring too many extra cloths, Just one extra set for the backpack.

The ice will be great for the leftovers from the free buffets.

Actually, you may not even have to watch a timeshare presentation. Just go to the resort, find your way to the buffet fill a plate find a seat, there is 100s of people, who will no you do not have a vulger trying to sell a overpriced resort to you,

BTW, DVC does not give free buffets to see there resorts but they usually have cookies and lemonade. Also, they usually have a DVC presentation at one of the resorts that has good continintal breakfast food.

Well, I will keep some of my other tips for another trip.

Have fun

Tigger

Tigger1 said:
Having 8 chidren they likely will not keep you the full 3 hours.

Tigger

I think you have credited me with two more children than I deserve (or desire). If I had 8 kids I would probably qualify for a group rate or something. Hmmm...there's a new angle I can try....

Hmm, if other people go during the same period, you could all together get the group rate!

Why did nobody mention to make gin and vodka in the bathtub?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter