Sunwing launches $99+taxes return Florida flights

yes thanks pxlbarrel. My only intent was to make others aware of Sunwings recently announced fare.

Jeffan1ca said:
yes thanks pxlbarrel. My only intent was to make others aware of Sunwings recently announced fare.

I would be more than happy to fly them, if I could book them from Ottawa, but I still can't figure out how to do that on their website! When I plug in Ottawa as the departure city, Orlando does NOT show up in the list of destinations! I guess I'll have to wait until Sept 22 to see what kind of fares they will have.

I'm also thankful that you started this thread, Jeffan1ca.

And because of this thread, I think we will be flying Sunwing for our upcoming WDW trip in January. There's two of us, we live in downtown Toronto and do not own a car, so Buffalo is not a very convenient option.

I have been checking for fares on different sites and even with the higher taxes for Sunwing, their fares still show at least $100 savings for two of us. I'll be checking their site regularly in the next couple of months to see if they will have additional seat sales for January.

Thanks again! :joker:

I didn't even know they existed until this thread so this is great. It's always good to be able to price out competition. And I'm so glad that there IS some competition now. I thought that once JetsGo died, that there would be nothing for us. (When Canada 3000 died, the fares seemed to almost double)

Just a word of caution...two years ago Sunwing decided to offer MCO flights. So we booked with them and found out through someone here on the boards that our flight was cancelled. They decided to discontinue the route. We received our money back but it was 2 weeks before we were to leave.

There are risks involved with every airline...however with a charter that risk is greater.

I just entered our info for a December flight at $99.00 and with taxes, a $99.00 flight X 4 people comes out to just over $1300! Now that's a complete rip off. I mean $900.00 in taxes-come on!

Yes...it is a bit of a rip off (taxes and the magic word ...FEES!...can pretty well mean that they can add whatever they want).
However...I was interested to read over the weekend that the deal they have during September and October is pretty good.
One person pay full price and the second pay 1/2.For the dates I plugged in it worked out to the equivalent of about $313 per person including taxes for YYZ to MCO.Not too bad by YYZ standards these days

Hi there :wave2:
I still think that WestJet has the best prices ... especially if you get them when they are having a seat sale ... besides who doesn't LOVE the extra leg room!!!!
Cheers :joker:

T&E said:
Hi there :wave2:
I still think that WestJet has the best prices ... especially if you get them when they are having a seat sale ... besides who doesn't LOVE the extra leg room!!!!
Cheers :joker:
I'm a big fan of Westjet as well (going with them on Thursday),but even they are starting to creep up with their prices.
I was going to use them for our New Years trip but their prices were extortionate out of YYZ so, we ended using Tango going out and Westjet coming back to Hamilton (worked out about 1/2 the price !....although Tango to YYZ and Westjet to Hamilton raised their prices shortly after I booked).
Next year....we are shuffling off to Buffalo ...again !

I've been patiently waiting for September 22nd, and just got off the phone with Sunwing who doesn't have any $99 return flights coming up from Ottawa to Orlando return.

Does the original poster have any additional information that they could share?

I asked the Sunwing rep on the phone if she knew anything about this rate and she didn't. Also asked if there was a sale coming up that she knew about and she said that there wasn't...

I'm hoping that the original poster could talk to his source once again and maybe give us an update?

Thanks a bunch,
Linda

Charleyann said:
Geez, if only these flights could come into the maritimes. Namely, Fredericton!
We have no chaep flights hear. Cheapest out of Fredericton is 600.00. I'll take 337.00 and be happy with that.....how about you guys in Halifax?

Charleyann

I checked 2 days ago for our flights next summer. I looked at Delta out of Bangor and with the current exhange it was still about $320 Cdn return. Sunwing is going to Fly out of Saint John next spring but I think it is only for March to May.

woodstoforrest said:
Does the original poster have any additional information that they could share?

Linda

Linda I no longer have the newspaper article. But it was a writeup in the Saturday Toronto Star back in July. I'm just wondering if the $99.00 was a introductory offer for flights booked by August 11. Sorry if I mislead you with my post.

Jeffan1ca said:
Linda I no longer have the newspaper article. But it was a writeup in the Saturday Toronto Star back in July. I'm just wondering if the $99.00 was a introductory offer for flights booked by August 11. Sorry if I mislead you with my post.

Not to worry. I'll just keep checking - the flights are currently too high for me to book right now, but it seems like most of the airlines' specials are only up for flights until mid-December. I'm hoping the flights for January come down in the next month or so.

There are a lot of us going to Orlando from both Toronto and Ottawa as we're getting married at WDW on January 22nd and the wedding party and our families are mostly flying as opposed to driving. We're all flying in and out on various days, so it's tricky to keep track of everything!

If anyone hears anything about deals from Ottawa, please post! :)

Cheers,
Linda

Holy Cow! I just found a one way from YYZ to Orlando in May for $203 (including all fees and taxes-$89 before)

Does anyone have any reviews on this airline?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter