Suntan Lotion

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
Hello,

Do you normally take your sun tan lotion with you, or do you find it is cheaper and better quality to buy in orlando since they are used to dealing with the sun/heat?

The major brands are all about the same. I think it is generally slightly cheaper there- but then that is all down to the exchange rates. I always buy mine here at the end of summer when they slash the prices and take it with. I like more luggage space for the return so having not bought it out of "spending money" I don't feel bad leaving the remainder behind. I have learnt to judge pretty well how much we go through so there is a nominal amount left over. I only bring back the special one for our faces.

I buy the spray cans in walmart rather than buy over here.

I've just been looking at the spray cans this week, what are they like? Do you think they are less messy than the pump spray ones? (anything for an easier life with 3 kids!)

I've just been looking at the spray cans this week, what are they like? Do you think they are less messy than the pump spray ones? (anything for an easier life with 3 kids!)

I always use spray - I find it much easier. Just beware if you do it outside and the wind is blowing - there was a day when it became apparent when the sun went down where I had "missed" :rolleyes1

I use a very high factor UVA/UVB on our faces then before we get dressed we stand in the empty bath tub and I do the once over with the spray. I normally find somewhere around midday to re-do the exposed skin. BTW, I like the Garnier anti-white marks -works a treat!

I meant to add, the spray bottles are generally non-aerosol so you can buy them here if you prefer and take them on the plane. :)

you just spray and go!! :rotfl: much faster coverage:thumbsup2
they are better than having to put lotion on by hand or using the pump spray which usually clog up
the amount of times i've seen mums and dads trying to put lotion on the kids in the water parks and failing miserably as it takes too long , the kids just want to go :rotfl:

I had read on another forum that some sprays you still need to rub in....how I can i tell which you just spray on and that still need rubbing in :confused3

The ocean potion looks good ......... and as a spray ........... is it a reasonable cost? Can you buy from walmart for example?? I just remembered last year in cyprus it was so hot I did not have the energy to rub it in :lmao: so spray is the way to go. Wow notice there is a factor 70 as well.

The ocean potion looks good ......... and as a spray ........... is it a reasonable cost? Can you buy from walmart for example?? I just remembered last year in cyprus it was so hot I did not have the energy to rub it in :lmao: so spray is the way to go. Wow notice there is a factor 70 as well.

I think OP was about $7 or $8. I struggled to find it in Walmart on our last trip but Walgreens and CVS had it. It is a clear no-rub spray too so great for keeping the family protected :thumbsup2

Lots of supermarkets, Tesco and ASDA at least have lotion half price right now, so I bought ours this week

Another fan of the spray on no rub type!!

I get all my kids to stand still first thing and spray them all in less than 5 minutes !! Only use rub in lotion on the faces and im totally neurotic about them keeping hats on !!

WE bought it from walmart and just made sure it said no need to rub in !! My only negative on the one we used (and it wasnt oceon potion) was that when you first sprayed it on it smelt really bad !! We did noticed thatthe disney parks sold the one we had chosen but at double the price !!
I find that it is much better quality and far cheaper to buy whilst out there !!

THe clear sprays are generally no-rub. For some bizarre reason, the ones marketed for kids generall do need rubbing in and you have to check. I am also very particular about making DD keep a hat on. She does occasionally remark about the fact that I dont wear a hat though :guilty:

I always buy the no rub sprays over there, in fact it's one of the thing on my shopping list to bring home to make sure we have enough to use at home until our next visit. If theres a special on in Walmart it makes it much cheaper but if not I would say they are between $8-$12 each for the brands we prefer.

Up until this year I had never seen anything in our shops that compared with what they sell over there.

Yes we have sprays but the US versions just always seem better. They don't run and come out in a very fine spray. Only down side is that we seem to use more!!

My DD has quite sensitive skin so last year we tried the Aveeno SPF spray which you can't get over here and it was brilliant, she didn't get prickly heat which normally happens as soon as the sun comes out and we put lotion on her.

Any body ever try that cheap malibu stuff, I love the coconut smell but the HT is too slippy sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter