Summerhouse/GF Beach Parties

It's really hard to decide actually between Ohana's Summerhouse - the beach looks so much fun, but yet I can imagine that there is a fantastic atmosphere at Ohana's - and I heard that they have some kind of show there? Is that true?:joker:

I wanted to let you know that my Sales Associate said they accomodated a group of 160 recently at Ohana in case you needed an indoor option to consider.

Geneva, welcome to the Dis!

Did the folks with the large group have to rent out the restaurant for their party? Or was the restaurant able to book enough tables during normal operating hours so that the group could be seated together? I'm curious to hear how it was handled. Any further information that you have to share would prove useful. Thank you.

do you know i they host bufet brunches out there also??
do you pay per head or just a st price?
do they always do the scavenger hunt i love that idea?

Please discuss this venue with the FTW folks. They’ll be able to tell you what sort of food service can be set up. They’ll also let you know what costs are associated with this venue.

For example, since my event lasted into the evening, I had to pay for a portable lighting system. This was costly because with it came a permit for the power drop, the fee for an Electrician, the fee for a Set-up/Strike-down Technician, the fee for the lights, and so on. I shared some of this information in my trip report (link given earlier in this thread).

As to the scavenger hunt, that was something special that my Event Manger dreamed up. He custom-tailored the event just for me. It was wonderful.

If you’d like to set up something special for your own event, please discuss it with Disney. There are all sorts of options that may be added to an event (music, floral, linens, characters, and so on).

When my husband and I were honeymooning, we saw a luau going on at the summer house/beach! It was amazing looking and it made me wish I had our rehearsal dinner or some other event there! They had hula girls, hawaiin music, large floating paper lamps--everything! You can customize that space anyway you like! Good luck, sounds like fun!

We loved our food - we did a buffet and had about 55 people they were mainly at the tables, though the kids played on the beach which was great, we had a bout 9 little guys running around which kept them occupied - because they were WILD!!! That also played into our menu, that and the fact that I have a cousin who is a vegetarian! (My trip report should be on here somewhere- Allison and Josh)
We had pulled pork and fried chicken, mac and cheese, corn on the cob, green beans, cole slaw potatoe salad cole slaw, mashed potatoes, buscuits and corn bread- this was actually a lunch option from a menu given to us from Yacht and Beach catering (my reception was at Ariels) - we chose this to accomodate the kids and my vegetarian cousin - but the chicken and pork was great and the mashed potatoes were so good - I could not stop eating them. I also sent them my reciepe for mac and cheese - it was not quite as good - but still recognized as my mac and cheese.

They also made my fiance a red velvet grooms cake - it was really good he went to school at the University of Mississippi and it was in the Shape of an M with an white Chocolate Colonel Reb - the mascot- on it. It all went off very well and was a great night. And so convenient -our dinner was at 6 and our rehearsal was at 4 at the WP and it was so nice being able to see the wedding pavilion across the water, I loved it!

Thanks Janet - I was really nice!

When my husband and I were honeymooning, we saw a luau going on at the summer house/beach! It was amazing looking...

Rustyflwr3, I see from your signature that a "Congratulations!" is in order regarding your recent wedding. I wish you all the happiness in the world.

The event that you described sounded lovely. It reminded me of an event that I attended a few years ago. I should probably mention it here as another option for those who are looking for unique events.

I was at an evening beach party at the Yacht/Beach Club a few years ago. The event had a steel drum band, a balloon artist, and all sorts of arts & crafts projects as well as beach games (the arts & crafts projects and beach games were coordinated by Cast Members). There were scrumptious buffet stations set up on the beach (prime rib, lobster, shrimp, etc.), as well as a fully stocked bar. To top it all off, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse were in attendance and photo printers were set up on-site. That way everyone could get their portrait taken with the characters and then take home an 8"x10" glossy before the night was through. It really was a very fun party.

We loved our food - we did a buffet and had about 55 people they were mainly at the tables, though the kids played on the beach which was great... They also made my fiance a red velvet grooms cake - it was really good...

Allisonswonderland, your party sounded absolutely lovely. And that Groom's Cake sounded delicious. Yum!

I was at an evening beach party at the Yacht/Beach Club a few years ago. The event had a steel drum band, a balloon artist, and all sorts of arts & crafts projects as well as beach games (the arts & crafts projects and beach games were coordinated by Cast Members). There were scrumptious buffet stations set up on the beach (prime rib, lobster, shrimp, etc.), as well as a fully stocked bar. To top it all off, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse were in attendance and photo printers were set up on-site. That way everyone could get their portrait taken with the characters and then take home an 8"x10" glossy before the night was through. It really was a very fun party.

So Disney do have a steel drum band? I really wanted one of those at my wedding but I never thought they would find one. I am so happy to have read your post - so, so happy!

So Disney do have a steel drum band?

In the past, I have seen the Steel Drum Band on the entertainment list. However, one never knows what the future holds in WDW. It is best to ask the FTW folks about this entertainment option.

But I have to add that the band that played at the Yacht/Beach Club party that I attended was marvelous. I seriously considered adding them to my Summerhouse event but couldn't fit them into the theme. And when my Vow Renewal rolled around, I had the same issue -- they just didn't fit into my theme.

I should also note that I wanted the Mariachi Band, too. But the same issue applied -- I couldn't fit them into my theme, dang it!

Again, ask Disney to provide you with a list of musical entertainment that may be booked. My fingers are crossed that both the Steel Drum and Mariachi Bands are on the current list.

In the past, I have seen the Steel Drum Band on the entertainment list. However, one never knows what the future holds in WDW. It is best to ask the FTW folks about this entertainment option.

But I have to add that the band that played at the Yacht/Beach Club party that I attended was marvelous. I seriously considered adding them to my Summerhouse event but couldn't fit them into the theme. And when my Vow Renewal rolled around, I had the same issue -- they just didn't fit into my theme.

I should also note that I wanted the Mariachi Band, too. But the same issue applied -- I couldn't fit them into my theme, dang it!

Again, ask Disney to provide you with a list of musical entertainment that may be booked. My fingers are crossed that both the Steel Drum and Mariachi Bands are on the current list.

Ohh, I will definately check! I really want a steel drum band and I was so excited when you mentioned one! How much fun! Theming weddings is so hard - it's a shame you couldn't fit them into your parties and your vow renewal!
popcorn::

Ohh, I will definately check! I really want a steel drum band...

I just did a quick search of the 'net in regards to steel drum bands and Disney. On a Disney Cruise Line unofficial message board, there was a thread about the steel drum band being missing from recent cruises: click here. It appears that a letter writing campaign is underway to bring them back.

I also found at least one band (with a steel drum option) who claims to have played at many events in Walt Disney World: click here and click here.

So, if a steel drum band is what you want and it's not on Disney's musical entertainment list, discuss with the FTW folks the possibility of bringing in outside entertainment. There might be extra fees charged for this, but it certainly never hurts to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter