Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cfabar1

DIS Veteran
Here we go again…..

Wondering where the next round of direct sales will be. If I had to guess, I would think modestly better for all three resorts? We will know in about three days!

Anyone else want to guess?

How should I vote if I think lower/worse incentives for VDH and higher/better incentives for VGF/RIV/AUL?
I bought first week for VDH because people had said historically the presale is usually the best incentives. If it’s somehow better for June I think it would irk me quite a bit. But I would otherwise agree with you on your prediction.

I also wonder if VGF/RIV/AUL base price increases to $230 but is paired with big incentives that keeps the price flat-ish.

I bought first week for VDH because people had said historically the presale is usually the best incentives. If it’s somehow better for June I think it would irk me quite a bit. But I would otherwise agree with you on your prediction.

That's why I always go for a 90 day close... can always cancel and re-buy even if outside the 10 days recission.

Last edited:
Not showing extra ping s for me. Just a larger discount….
View attachment 764039
Hmm, yeah, interesting. I should have used the tool yesterday, taken a screenshot, and then did it again today to compare. I'll have to work out the math here.

From the article, it read like the incentives $/pt weakened but were offset by the free points. Not sure how this works out then. I'm still in my 30/60/90 payment so my Guide said we could rewrite and we just might.

Edit: Okay, so it looks like the new incentive adds an additional discount rather than really gives "free" points. So I guess you can either elect to take the extra points and wash out the extra discount, or just apply the discount.

For ours then either we get 200 VGF at a lower price or 210 VGF at a slightly higher price but then we are getting the extra 10 points at a very discounted rate.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/member-savings

What about VDH pricing?
For new members, a 150 pt contract comes out to $14.33/point discount (from the higher $230) base. Good they haven't reset all the other DVC resorts to the $230 base. A bit convoluted with the free points buzzword but I feel this is a good start off price compared to the other resort for sale.

On a personal note, the Gflo is still by far the best combination of location, price, and no restrictions in my opinion while the Rivera must be selling on/ahead of schedule as their incentive is lagging.

In terms of Disney pricing, I think we can just be glad they did not raise prices!

This seems like they have changed up the way they do discounts. For the entirety of each range of points you get the same discount rather than getting X dollars per point off the purchase. So 150 points gets the same discount as 175 or 199 points.

Not sure why they would do that..?

** edit to add thoughts on which is better***

We bought 175 GFV points in April. Our Incentive was $2,275 compared to today’s $2,585. (We also got a $1250 incentive for our Disney Visa. Not sure if that is still going on and everyone doesn’t have one so not including it in my math.) So the new deal is slightly better ($310) for 175 points. So the break even would be right at the next tier and you save even more if you just buy 150 points. So all in all this is a better deal than spring.

Last edited:
For new members, a 150 pt contract comes out to $14.33/point discount (from the higher $230) base. Good they haven't reset all the other DVC resorts to the $230 base. A bit convoluted with the free points buzzword but I feel this is a good start off price compared to the other resort for sale.

On a personal note, the Gflo is still by far the best combination of location, price, and no restrictions in my opinion while the Rivera must be selling on/ahead of schedule as their incentive is lagging.

In terms of Disney pricing, I think we can just be glad they did not raise prices!
Technically it's a 155pt contract, right? Is it even possible to buy exactly 150-154 points right now?

EDIT: reading DVC's promo site, it's a discount that is the value of points. Not 5 free points on top of whatever you buy (which they did back when we bought our first contract...buy 200, get 20 for free, so we ended up with 220).

Last edited:
Technically it's a 155pt contract, right? Is it even possible to buy exactly 150-154 points right now?
Will need someone to actually go through the sale process. From the public website it seems like you get $2150 in savings from 150-199 points (so total discount not per point). Of course its the first day and the website may not have all the scenarios or even be correct.

I am happy for buyers in that prices did not go up, base did not go up for non VDH resorts, preliminary incentives look in line (if not a bit better), and Riviera is selling well enough to not have big discounts.

Selfishly; as someone looking desperately to buy VDH, the incentives are good (not great), and as an owner, the pricing seems fair as not to affect resale values while remaining accessible if I want to add on.

Reactions: ehh
This seems like they have changed up the way they do discounts. For the entirety of each range of points you get the same discount rather than getting X dollars per point off the purchase. So 150 points gets the same discount as 175 or 199 points.

Not sure why they would do that..?
Having the words "free" in an ad is a powerful thing!

My take on the VGF incentives being better than RIV's isn't so much RIV is on/ahead of schedule but that they're trying to finish sales of VGF2 before they start selling Poly 2. Less points needed to sell out VGF than RIV and it's easier for DVC to have less choices for those buying direct (especially since Poly 2 will be right next door).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter