Summer Discounts

Holly98

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard when the summer discounts will be released for vacations beginning after June 10? I know they were released mid March last year, just anxious to add them to my vacation package! Thanks!

Has anyone heard when the summer discounts will be released for vacations beginning after June 10? I know they were released mid March last year, just anxious to add them to my vacation package! Thanks!
There is no guarantee they will have discounts. Historically yes they've had a couple discounts but they often change from year to year. No one knows exactly when they'll be released until they are released.

There is no guarantee they will have discounts. Historically yes they've had a couple discounts but they often change from year to year. No one knows exactly when they'll be released until they are released.

X10...

I'm never quite sure the word "discount" is interpreted as voluntary to an action that the Walt Disney company has no desire to do...but it usually is.

There will be discounts. At least as good as last summer and likely better. The US travel industry is in recession. From a Disney perspective the discounts being offered to the UK are staggering. Add in the extension of the Canadian ticket discount and rumors of more Canada specific discounts to come.

It should be interesting for Disney. Getting hit with an industry wide issue at the time of a new land opening.

I would imagine Disney will release pretty good summer discounts. Last year the July discounts were some of the best of the year- 30% off (35% for passholders) deluxe. I have been making dining reservations for our July trip this year, and dining reservations are still wide open. Everything is available, including BOG breakfast, lunch and dinner, key CG times, CRT, and even Ohana dinner (which I have found to be one of the most challenging to get).

We have a bounce back free dining package for July (when was the last time Disney offered FD over the 4th?) and it has been so easy to get all of our ADRs, even well after the 180 day period began.

If the past is any indication (of reviewing available ADRs and predicting crowds) then Disney is going to have to work hard again this year to fill rooms in the summer. Last year in July was a wonderful time. Relatively low crowds, long park hours, and steep discounts. Didn't seem like they were understaffed, either. One late night at AKL, it seemed as if they had at least as many employees as guests. Hoping (but not expecting) for more of the same this year.

I would imagine Disney will release pretty good summer discounts. Last year the July discounts were some of the best of the year- 30% off (35% for passholders) deluxe. I have been making dining reservations for our July trip this year, and dining reservations are still wide open. Everything is available, including BOG breakfast, lunch and dinner, key CG times, CRT, and even Ohana dinner (which I have found to be one of the most challenging to get).

We have a bounce back free dining package for July (when was the last time Disney offered FD over the 4th?) and it has been so easy to get all of our ADRs, even well after the 180 day period began.

If the past is any indication (of reviewing available ADRs and predicting crowds) then Disney is going to have to work hard again this year to fill rooms in the summer. Last year in July was a wonderful time. Relatively low crowds, long park hours, and steep discounts. Didn't seem like they were understaffed, either. One late night at AKL, it seemed as if they had at least as many employees as guests. Hoping (but not expecting) for more of the same this year.

I thought July was good last year too...

Except it was 98 degrees and never got lower than 87 at 5 in the morning...so that's "off the rotation"

There will be discounts. At least as good as last summer and likely better. The US travel industry is in recession. From a Disney perspective the discounts being offered to the UK are staggering. Add in the extension of the Canadian ticket discount and rumors of more Canada specific discounts to come.

It should be interesting for Disney. Getting hit with an industry wide issue at the time of a new land opening.

I paid in the $160's per night for POR in 1st week of June 2015, 2016.

$290's for Yacht
$310's for Poly

Try finding those rates this year.

Last edited:
I paid in the $160's per night for POR in 1st week of June 2015, 2016.

$290's for Yacht
$310's for Poly

Try finding those rates this year.

I have 2 nights booked at Yachtclub for 285/night in June. I can also find 234 for AKL, 340 for CR.

My Pop reservation is 120 less than last year.

Disney released a lot more generous discounts for the summer season last year than previous years. Indicators are that things are not improving and actually getting worse. Disney is not going to immune when NYC/LA/LV/DC/Miami are showing price declines of as much as 35% year-over-year.

I'm not so patiently waiting myself for our late June trip. Hoping for a small discount before pulling the trigger and paying off the trip.

THey have been offering us Canadians some pretty EPIC discounts (on admittedly massively inflated prices). Like 25 or 30% off Tickets, which you can stack with a room only discount for instance. Oh and the tickets didn't expire, so you could purchase them this year and use them whenever you wanted.

I know this came up before the most recent price and ticket changes...but I believe if reported correct that now ALL tickets will have an expiration. I'll be curious to see when it trickles down to Canada...or up...as the case may be.

I have 2 nights booked at Yachtclub for 285/night in June. I can also find 234 for AKL, 340 for CR.

My Pop reservation is 120 less than last year.

Disney released a lot more generous discounts for the summer season last year than previous years. Indicators are that things are not improving and actually getting worse. Disney is not going to immune when NYC/LA/LV/DC/Miami are showing price declines of as much as 35% year-over-year.

I got the poly for $253.26 per night...with tax...last July.

I like to bring that up because it's Only time I've seen what I consider to be a reasonable room rate in over 10 years.

THey have been offering us Canadians some pretty EPIC discounts (on admittedly massively inflated prices). Like 25 or 30% off Tickets, which you can stack with a room only discount for instance. Oh and the tickets didn't expire, so you could purchase them this year and use them whenever you wanted.

Tickets expire 14 days after your first use. Minimum 4 day stay
Also I'm hoping to go in October and expecting some deals in the fall

Tickets expire 14 days after your first use. Minimum 4 day stay
Also I'm hoping to go in October and expecting some deals in the fall

The Canadian discount ticket is non-expiring. No changes were made on the offer through the transition and the vouchers say non-expiring until converted into a ticket. This has been confirmed by numerous calls to Disney from various posters, CAA agents and personal experience with the vouchers/tickets. That is what DisFanDad means by 'didn't expire'. Not the standard 14 days after first use on all tickets that has been in place for a long time now.

The Canadian discount ticket is non-expiring. No changes were made on the offer through the transition and the vouchers say non-expiring until converted into a ticket. This has been confirmed by numerous calls to Disney from various posters, CAA agents and personal experience with the vouchers/tickets. That is what DisFanDad means by 'didn't expire'. Not the standard 14 days after first use on all tickets that has been in place for a long time now.

Yeah...that's what I was gonna say too..

But I think that's entirely about the crunch on the Canadian market. I see a lot of my favorite Canucks around here saying "we use them for several years...it's great"

...I'm sorry to say that it's going to end. I know exaclty why no explorations tickets ended because it was discussed many years ago:

1. They view it as "lost revenue" moving forward to allow gate entry at less than their current pricing levels.
2. It encourages more frequency of travel and/or longer stays. Again...it's 100% only about revenue - not crowd levels.

I think the end is Nigh for those as well...perhaps 2018 because the recent alterations were mid cycle.

This is a long drawn out plan...I think the first indications were when tickets were pulled from the Disney stores. More Tight control of tickets because they can pre-emptively "bank the revenue" and push stock...the whole point.

What I thought they should have done is sold hoppers with a 1 year or 2 year expiration...a "sub annual pass" to fit that market of frequent but not excessive travel...I think they missed an opportunity there.

I thought July was good last year too...

Except it was 98 degrees and never got lower than 87 at 5 in the morning...so that's "off the rotation"
That's probably one reason July is such a great time to go for some of us heat-lovers. A lot of people stay away because of the heat, causing heftier discounts and lower crowds. Fortunately, I am a heat seeker. Just call me Daenerys, Mother of Dragons.

That's probably one reason July is such a great time to go for some of us heat-lovers. A lot of people stay away because of the heat, causing heftier discounts and lower crowds. Fortunately, I am a heat seeker. Just call me Daenerys, Mother of Dragons.

That was the most miserable uncomfortable I'd ever seen it...and I used to live there.

So I'll call you "crispy" or "Weber" instead

Obviously I have no real info as to what Disney will do but the late spring general public discounts were less this year than last. The AP discount was good though and comparable to last year.

Hoping to book soon for mid-late August...and hoping for a great value! Hedging my bets on also having something special for Disney Visa holders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter