Summer Bay Resort

We stayed in a 2 bdrm condo in 2006 and we LOVED it!!! The whole place was beautiful with fun pools and water play park for the kids. We had a newer condo, nice furniture, plenty of space, very clean and upscale. We loved it so much. When you go to check in I would just ask for a newer condo, not a villa, although we did a tour and they were nice too.

Don't worry, you'll love it. Summer Bay was great :goodvibes

We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo a few years back and it was amazing. We loved it. My cousin and his family stayed at one of the houses last year. The photos made me very, very jealous.

We stayed there in 2002, a long time ago sure but I have a pretty good memory of it still. Honestly my only problems with it were that it was a little far which only bothered me due to travel time to and from both WDW and Universal. The other thing was we got a cab driver to take us from the airport but he had no idea where he was going and we spent an extra hour driving aimlessly- we didn't know either because we had never been to Florida before. It has nothing to do with the resort, I'd just make sure to get a driver who knew where it was before going off into confusion.

As for the pros- I'd say it involves just about everything else. Our favorite part was there was a grocery store near by. We stayed for two weeks so we definitely need the store... within walking distance since we flew, being from Oregon. Rooms weren't bad, nothing spectacular but definitely 2-week livable, we had a one-bedroom villa. Nice layout, nice lobby, a lot to do on property, the best non-Disney transportation we've used, buses were very nice and clean, the had air conditioning, multiple pick up times and were never crowded- I can't remember them even being half full. When we stayed there, they even had a movie rental area, I don't know if it's still there though.

I cannot say we've stayed there after that trip though. It had nothing to do with the resort, we just got it on a fluke because someone my mom worked with couldn't use their timeshare weeks and we got it at a huge discount. It's just been mom and I travelling so we'd never need that much room in our accomadations- that being a big factor in why we haven't been back in our 5 trips since.

I'd recommend it though, if that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter