Summer Alumni Program!!

I finally got a letter today... not good news. :/ It said my application is on hold because the initial rounds of invitations has concluded. I don't know if this is the same as a rejection letter because it still leaves room for hope, but it's disappointing nonetheless. I'm sure it's because of the whole role checklist fiasco, grrr. Well, I'm pretty sad, but if it's meant to be it will be!

I don't know if this is the same as a rejection letter because it still leaves room for hope, but it's disappointing nonetheless.

I dont think it is a rejection. There have been alumni who have been flat out rejected for the summer already.

"initial rounds" sounds like they are doing cycles.

here is a guess at what they may be doing.

they made some offers and seeing who accepts, declines, and may not respond. then those spots for those who originally went to declines and the non-responders are extended out to the next batch. and that continues on until all the spots are accepted.

if they have so few spots open and they need them 100% filled, this would be a way to do it.

i have no clue really.

did they give you a date? it looks like people who are waitlisted for the other programs are being told april 17.

I got the same letter too..."Your application is currently on hold, and will contact you if additional opportunities become available." My fiance, two friends from my cp, and I all applied within 2 or 3 days of the application becoming available. So far 2 of us have gotten this letter...and probably the other too also, but they haven't checked their mail for the day yet. FYI we also got the role checklist email and submitted it anyway. Ugh...more waiting. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I haven't heard anything about it, minus being asked to fill out the checklist.

Fianally got my folder in the mail last night! I got Custodial, which was my third choice, so I imagine that the roles filled up rather quickly. (I was hoping for attractions or merchandise) But no worries, I'm just glad I won't be working foodservice this summer!

I just got the letter about the initial round of invitations concluding as well.

Fianally got my folder in the mail last night! I got Custodial, which was my third choice, so I imagine that the roles filled up rather quickly. (I was hoping for attractions or merchandise) But no worries, I'm just glad I won't be working foodservice this summer!

Congrats!

I applied for the Summer Alumni Program but then I got engaged right after that! I was a little bummed about not being able to go back to Disney for the summer but I can't wait to get "hitched" there. I sent them an e-mail to let them know so maybe I opened up a spot for someone else! Good Luck everyone! :goodvibes

So, my fiance ended up with an acceptance letter a few weeks ago...but I got the "hold" letter. I figured my purple folder would never come and we had to decide on his offer so we went ahead and declined his offer. Fast forward to today and I get my acceptance letter in the mail! Of course we can't go now since we declined his offer...plus I learned a few days ago that in order for me to student teach and graduate on schedule next spring I have to take an exam here in June. I was so looking forward to a few months back "home" but now I'm just going to have to settle for working only a couple of weeks there. Better then nothing I guess. I hope that some of you who are still waiting will get your folders in the mail soon!

I originally got a hold letter but about a month later (today)....
I got a purple folder, got accepted for Attractions but unfortunately I can't go. I just got a seasonal job at the zoo.
Yay for at least getting accepted :banana:!!

I just got an e-mail saying that there are still positions available in Quick Service and Custodial. I did QS in my last CP and was looking forward to doing something different, but... I still want to go back! I think about it constantly and since I can't find work here at home, I wrote them back saying I'd love to do QS again. Did anyone else who got wait-listed get this e-mail and decide to do Quick Service or Custodial? I'm excited to get a reply!

hey everybody:-)
i did the fall 08 careerstart, and i just got my purple folder today for the summer! I'll be arriving may 18th:banana:

good luck to anyone who is still waiting! its deff. possible to still get in, because i had gotten the letter saying my application was "on hold", then about 2-3 weeks later i got in! so keep your spirits up!

hey everybody:-)
i did the fall 08 careerstart, and i just got my purple folder today for the summer! I'll be arriving may 18th:banana:

Congratulations, Cara! :D I'm hoping to get my good news soon too. I had almost given up, but now I'm excited all over again! :cool1:

Question: can you extend a summer alumni? My boyfriend is gonna be there for FA, and I am half-tempted to stay through the fall, taking online classes. I want to move in on the 18th though (already bought my plane ticket), so is it possible to extend?

Question: can you extend a summer alumni? My boyfriend is gonna be there for FA, and I am half-tempted to stay through the fall, taking online classes. I want to move in on the 18th though (already bought my plane ticket), so is it possible to extend?

Yes it is. My roomie did it last summer, and my friend did in 2007.

Congratulations, Cara! :D I'm hoping to get my good news soon too. I had almost given up, but now I'm excited all over again! :cool1:

definitely dont give up! i was sooo shocked when i got my folder, i was jumping for joy! :yay:
good luck!

So much drama has unfolded since my last post!

First...I got a P/T Attractions job at Universal.
Then, just after that, I got a summer alumni 'hold' letter... totally bummed out(attractions/merch).

After a few weeks at Universal, on a Wednesday, I get a call from casting telling me that they still have no openings (F/T or P/T) in Attractions or Front Desk, but they want to offer me a P/T QSF position at MK, requiring at least 3 days of availability per week. Mind you, in addition to Universal, I am a caregiver with Kid's Nite Out, and a substitute teacher. It takes me until late Friday to get through to my contact at casting. She wants me to start the following Tuesday! No can do... :( She says more positions should be available around the 18th, so call her back when I'm able to work out the schedule and she'll get me in. I call her back on Monday to tell her I definitely want the job--I'll start asap. No response. Call a few days later. No response. A few days later...still...NO RESPONSE! This pattern continues for a week or so... Still haven't heard from her...

Somewhere in this time, I get the email about all positions being full except for QSF and Custodial. Considering even the thought of voban makes me nauseous, custodial wouldn't fly. I wrote back about QSF that evening with my preferred locations... and waited... and waited. Then I called Wednesday to see if they ever got my email. She said it was being processed and I would hear something via mail.

Flash forward to Friday... I got an email invitation for QSF! So... now I have to decide to take it, or to wait on a potential P/T role...or the F/T roles I am on hold for... or stay with Universal(but my heart is soooo NOT in that).

The CP will guarantee F/T hours, but no insurance... I only worry that I may be left without a job come August :( And either way, I pretty much have to quit Universal...which to a person who HATES quitting jobs, is an awful process. I'll be much happier with Disney though...

*sigh*... so there you have it... MY LIFE, as of recent...

. . .

And I just accepted!

Sorry about all the job issues Nell. But congrats on getting accepted for the CP. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter