Summer 2021 thoughts wishes.

We did a 12-day Mediterranean from Barcelona back in summer of 2013 with a family of 6. I think it was around $18K---so about $250/per person/per day. I guess not horrific when you break it down like that. Traveling with 6 is expensive no matter how you look at it.

It was fantastic! First time DCL was in Greece (Athens, Mykonos), Turkey (Kusadasi/Ephesus) and Malta. Also Villefranche, La Spezia, Civitavecchia. I don't think I've seen an itinerary like it since. One of our favorite family vacations ever! Costa Rica for 10 days in summer of 2018 would be a close second. Kids were much older by that point (youngest was 17) and we did all of the river rafting, zip lining activities.

Anyways we are hoping to book Eastbound Transatlantic. We LOVE sea days but if they match last years ports as well in Spain and Portugal, I will be a happy camper.

This summer's cruise is actually "reasonable" for DCL in Europe. Last summer's and 2018 were actually more expensive. It's a fantastic itinerary and I hope you get the chance to try it one year. As for Copenhagen, it's not horrible to get to. Inter-Europe flights are pretty cheap, actually, so you can book a TR through London and then just add on a one way from there to CPH. Copenhagen is a fantastic city to tour, for both adults and kids, and it's worth a visit IMHO.
Do you have a TR for your Northern Europe Cruise?

I'm going a little off topic, but I was stunned to learn recently that here in Ontario many boards are going back to school before Labour Day next year (2020-2021). This has never, ever happened while my kids have been in school (my oldest is in Grade 9), nor during my own school days in Nova Scotia.

The explanation is that Labour Day is "late" in 2020, so starting after Labour Day would mean the school year running into July in 2021. Not sure how that makes sense either though. Labour Day is late this year, but that happens every 5-6 years as part of the normal cycle (last time in 2015), and this has never been an issue before.

Anyway, my first thought when I heard about the change was how easily I could get caught out on a cruise! A couple of summers ago we sailed out of Dover during the last week of August. Flew home on Labour Day and sent my kids to school the next day. It wouldn't even have occurred to me to check the school calendar before I booked that, but I guess I'll have to be more careful from now on! Sad, because that last week of August is a great time to travel.
That sucks. We're in Vancouver and no changes here, my kids still go back to school on Sept 8th.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter