Summer 2018 prices!!!

I booked a 7 day Alaska cruise for Summer 2018 today. For my family of 3 it will be $1100/day. Very expense, however we do not have to fly to Vancouver BC since we can drive from our home in Washington. :worship:
We will be taking our first Royal Caribbean cruise in a month (7day on Liberty). We are excited and looking forward to checking out the Junior suite. If we like the RCI cruise I will cancel my Disney Alaska and book another Royal cruise for 2018. :sail: I am sure it will cost less then $7400 :crutches:

I think we are following each other on vacations! We just booked a 7 day summer 2018 Alaska on DCL (June 4th sailing), and are taking our first Royal Caribbean on the Liberty on March 5th. We are thinking the same thing, if we REALLY like Royal, we will consider cancelling DCL and booking on RC.

So we wouldent be mad going at end of sept lol

Do they normally still sell out the sept carribean cruises and do u think prices will go up on them much from now till then

I don't think they tend to be as popular no, but if you check the tracker thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...at-my-sleeper-rates-thru-2016-listed.3244232/ it might give you an idea of what has happened in the past. Sorry I can't be more help... we have to buy airfare early to get decent times since we come from the west coast so I can't usually take advantage of the *GT ones.

I think we are following each other on vacations! We just booked a 7 day summer 2018 Alaska on DCL (June 4th sailing), and are taking our first Royal Caribbean on the Liberty on March 5th. We are thinking the same thing, if we REALLY like Royal, we will consider cancelling DCL and booking on RC.

HAHA.....Please PM me after your cruise in March to let me know your thoughts on your Royal cruise. We booked a Junior Suite and are looking forward to the extra room.

Are u doing a carribean cruise in sept ?

We are from uk and were planning doing the eastern carribean in sept as that's the only one that fits our budget

But we are worried is it a bad time to go, peak of hurricane season and could end up with no holiday

Any advice, we are sooo stuck

Yes we are booked on the September 9, 2017 EC cruise. Did this exact cruise in 2015, same dates. We had a wonderful time and great weather. We know it could be ugly, but we made sure we bought insurance, which is the only real thing you can do. We were willing to take another chance for 2017. We just got back from a back 2 back February cruise and also had beautiful weather. The water was a little cool, but we all got in. These are the only two times we can afford to go.

HAHA.....Please PM me after your cruise in March to let me know your thoughts on your Royal cruise. We booked a Junior Suite and are looking forward to the extra room.
I'll do that. We just had an AMAZING time spending NYE on the reimagined Wonder out of Galveston, so the Liberty has a high standard to live up to! I fear my kids may be disappointed, we've been preparing them for the differences in the kids clubs. My husband has always wanted to do an Alaska cruise, personally my idea of vacation involves lots of warm weather and beaches or anything Disney, so DCL may be the only way to get me to Alaska :-)

Wishful thinking, that's all:thumbsup2.

For what it is worth, the same room on the 2018 7 night norwegian fjords cruise is $500 cheaper than the 2017 sailing. Granted it is practically a completely different cruise with really only 1 stop being the same, but still cheaper is cheaper.

I just had my TA book the 7night British Isle from Dover. 9B, 2A, $3837.00. I thought this was quite reasonable. Got the exact room I wanted as well. Now I'll be hoping we get a free upgrade, but if not I'm quite happy with this pricing.

Prices are one thing... but same itineraries (for the most part) on the same ships over and over and over again... I don't know. Plus mostly same shows and entertainment. We cruised Magic twice and the Fantasy twice and I feel like it was all the same with no surprises. We still love it but are finding it harder to justify paying DCL prices.

That is how I felt today looking at the prices and itineraries. I couldn't believe how much everything was even a 4 night to the Bahamas.

I put a 3 day hold on the cheapest summer cruise I could find. 3 nighter 7/13 Cat 4E 4 adults, $4257.

I am really contemplating a trip to Aulani in June 2018. We are DVC member, so are 2 bedroom Oceanview for a week I already paid for with our points. Airfare for our family of five should be around $4000. But just incase everyone cannot make that trip I wanted to plan a trip for my son and a friend with DH and me. He loves DCL so I figured let me check out a cruise as a back up. I can not book Aulani till November.

I was willing to spend around $5000 for a 4-5 nights, or possibly a week in early June for 4. Wow, was I shocked. There is little difference in price between Interior and Veranda. And prices were so high even the first week of June.

After speaking to my son, 3 night Dream which we have done twice before and once Concierge is really not a desirable. If I am going to spend 10k or more I think I will spend it in Hawaii.

I am also going to look at RCL for June 2018 once the dates come out. We live in NJ and they sail out of our area. That will be our back up to Hawaii.

DH and I will be on the Magic out of NYC in October, after that it will cruising in the off season.

Good luck to everyone with their summer cruise plans.

And you sound a lot like us. We did our first Oasis sailing last November and have a b2b booked for this October. They are cruises that we would have typically booked with DCL however finding the Oasis to be such a wonderful ship, plus the fact that b2b is costing less than one week with DCL, we probably will not go back to DCL until the new ships arrive. There is so much out there that I'm a little annoyed I didn't expand sooner. For us, it was just getting past the initial 'but its not DCL'. You'll be surprised what is also on offer.

So glad to hear you liked Oasis of the Seas. We hope to book one of the Oasis class ships soon.

That is how I felt today looking at the prices and itineraries. I couldn't believe how much everything was even a 4 night to the Bahamas.

I put a 3 day hold on the cheapest summer cruise I could find. 3 nighter 7/13 Cat 4E 4 adults, $4257.

I am really contemplating a trip to Aulani in June 2018. We are DVC member, so are 2 bedroom Oceanview for a week I already paid for with our points. Airfare for our family of five should be around $4000. But just incase everyone cannot make that trip I wanted to plan a trip for my son and a friend with DH and me. He loves DCL so I figured let me check out a cruise as a back up. I can not book Aulani till November.

I was willing to spend around $5000 for a 4-5 nights, or possibly a week in early June for 4. Wow, was I shocked. There is little difference in price between Interior and Veranda. And prices were so high even the first week of June.

After speaking to my son, 3 night Dream which we have done twice before and once Concierge is really not a desirable. If I am going to spend 10k or more I think I will spend it in Hawaii.

I am also going to look at RCL for June 2018 once the dates come out. We live in NJ and they sail out of our area. That will be our back up to Hawaii.

DH and I will be on the Magic out of NYC in October, after that it will cruising in the off season.

I would do Aluani in a heartbeat.
We were looking at DCL June 2018 and it just will not happen. I agree super high prices even early June.

Hi,
I am from NJ as well. We are booked on the Magic this fall also. I am also thinking of RCCL out of Bayonne too!!

The Iceland cruise is less in 2018 then 2017. Maybe this year didn't sell that well so they had to adjust the prices down.
The reason for the price difference is that the Icelandic cruise offered in 2017 is in midsummer (late June through early July), when almost all American students are out of school. The 2018 Icelandic cruise is offered in mid through late August, when half of American students are in the process of beginning the school year. It's a prime season vs. off-season pricing issue.

Last edited:
The reason for the price difference is that the Icelandic cruise offered in 2017 is in midsummer (late June through early July), when almost all American students are out of school. The 2018 Icelandic cruise is offered in mid through late August, when half of American students are in the process of beginning the school year. It's a prime season vs. off-season pricing issue.

2017 is also an 11 Night Iceland cruise. 2018 is a 10 night. 2017 also stops at Reykjavik and Akureyri, Iceland. 2018 just goes to Reykjavik.

It appears the summer 2018 cruises (at least the ones I looked at in June) are being booked at a pretty good pace despite the pricing. I had very slim picking of cabins when I made my booking earlier this evening after I got home from work.

LAX

Well I would agree with you except Europeans are out of school mid July through August. Europeans also cruise on DCL. There are still a number of US states that do not go back until after labor day. When they offered the Iceland cruise Mid June in 2016 it was priced really high and did not sell very well. I would consider Mid June to to be off season. The mid August price is 2-3k less for 2 people than the Mid June cruise in 2016. I know this because I booked the 2016 cruise at 7,600 for two people cat 11b and cancelled. They later offered some huge discounted restricted rates. Next years cruise is 4,800 for 2 people inside room. 2 less days, but still a huge price drop. I may book this, but I'm still waiting to see the WBTA, but I would also love to see Iceland.

It appears the summer 2018 cruises (at least the ones I looked at in June) are being booked at a pretty good pace despite the pricing. I had very slim picking of cabins when I made my booking earlier this evening after I got home from work.

LAX
Keep in mind that a significant number of people will place initial 3-day holds on these cruises on opening day to get a good cabin, then not follow through with the deposit after thinking it over. So check back in a few days for more cabin availability.

Keep in mind that a significant number of people will place initial 3-day holds on these cruises on opening day to get a good cabin, then not follow through with the deposit after thinking it over. So check back in a few days for more cabin availability.
They kind of encourage you to put a hold. At least that's the way I felt. I put holds on cruises that I have no intention of taking. They will fall off tomorrow.

DCL prices prevented us from cruising with them in 2016 and 2017. I was hoping 2018 prices would be better. Not the case. I just received a quote for June 2018, Dream 5 night, 3 adults....$5500!! I realize summer prices are higher but this is crazy.

I believe what you're looking at is a double-dip Castaway Cay cruise and those are far more expensive then other Disney 5 night cruises. My experience in pricing out Disney cruises is that CC double-dips cause you to dip far deeper into your wallet!

If you're not looking for a CC double-dip in particular you may find other options more in your budget.

I booked the 9-night Alaska sailing yesterday morning when they opened, and after thinking about the cost all day long, I cancelled it when I got home last night. I just could not justify the $9,500+ they wanted, and that was after the OBB was applied. I am now investigating Princess for Alaska, but I read that smoking is an issue on the Princess ships, and that would be a problem for me.

Princess has recently changed their smoking policy to limit it greatly on their ships. You may want to check it out here-http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter