Suitcase question

PrettyInTeak

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever asked their cabin attendant to take their empty suitcases out of their cabin and put them in storage? We did this last year. He took the suitcases but we got a bit of a strange look. So now we're wondering if he was really supposed to, or he bent the rules for us. Even more, we're wondering if we're going to have a problem this cruise, perhaps with an attendant who is not quite so accomodating. Please share your thoughts.

Suzanne

I think DCL expects you to store your empty luggage in your cabin. I can see asking an attendant to store something for you if it is extremely large or odd shaped, but normal luggae should be stored in your cabin, as there really is plenty of room.

We are a family of five and we each take our own suitcase and carryon. We always seem to find space in the cabins for these.

I have heard of people asking the attendant to store their luggage but I do not think it is the norm.

MJ

We just sailed on the Magic, 1/25. We had a couple of suitcases that didn't fit under the bed. We asked our cabin steward if he could store them for us, he told us that he could not.

This was our 11th cruise, 1st with Disney and we never had this problem before.

sue

I just figure that if my son and I have enough luggage to noticeably diminish our cabin space then we most assuredly overpacked...

They used to be able to help with storage on a case by case basis--before the Norwalk problem. Now they will no longer store personal items.

Many cruisers have suggested luggage that can nest inside itself, and then storage under the bed.

Anne

sjm.....you never had which problem before....having the attendant store your luggage or a problem fitting it in the cabin. I was just curious how other cruise lines handle this.

MJ

We have always had enough room in our cabin to store our own luggage. There is plenty of space in the closet. We usually have 2 or 3 suitcases and a carry on or 2. In fact, we even stayed in a family stateroom with my parents and there was enough room for luggage for 4 adults and a child.

Originally posted by ducklite
They used to be able to help with storage on a case by case basis--before the Norwalk problem. Now they will no longer store personal items.

Many cruisers have suggested luggage that can nest inside itself, and then storage under the bed.

Anne

Interesting, about not storing luggage because of NLV>

Luggage that nests does help with space, but if it is to big to fit under the bed, that does not solve the problem.

We had a balcony, so we nested our bags and stored them out there.

sue

Originally posted by mmouse37
sjm.....you never had which problem before....having the attendant store your luggage or a problem fitting it in the cabin. I was just curious how other cruise lines handle this.

MJ

On previous cruises, if our luggage didn't fit under the bed, our cabin steward would store it for us.

Sue

Most luggage should fit under the bed. I have luggage that is the largest that airlines will allow (62" L x W x H) . The frame is 12 inches tall with outer pockets on top of that. I have had no trouble fitting both of them under the bed on Royal Caribbean and DCL. I had to lift the bed up on both, slide it under then lower the bed, but they fit.

I had 7 pieces of luggage under the bed, 2 huge suitcases, 1 pilot case, 2 garmet bags and 2 large duffel bags. That was overpacking for 5 people.

On Royal Caribbean and Celebrity they stored our oversized piece of luggage for us and returned it to our cabin on the last day. NO problem. We have since gone to 2 just large suitcases and have no problem storing them under the bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter