Suggestions: Watching Football at Disney

GunnarCharles

Mouseketeer
My upcoming trip is in December and our first full day is Sunday the 15th. It’s been a while since I’ve gone during football season and I know that my brother and I will want to be able to watch the Cowboys game that afternoon, so I was hoping for suggestions. Any good bars, restaurants around the resort that you would suggest to watch?

ESPN at Boardwalk but tough to get into on Sundays during NFL season. Splitsville at DS. They are also opening a Cityworks Eatery and Pour House in DS. Was supposed to be open by now so any day. The Wave in CR has a lounge with a few TVs. Most pool bars and resort lounges have a couple TVs. AND...if you are DVC, Reunion Station at Wilderness Lodge is doing food, 2 drinks and football on 3 big screen TVs on Saturdays and Sundays for $50pp. It's a food buffet spread with football watching type foods. The drinks are a selection of beers and wine and 2 specialty cocktails. The $50 includes 2 drinks. They play 1:00 and 4:00 games (for NFL it was 3 games, 2 at the 1:00ish time and one at the 4:00ish time...I think CBS and Fox whatever gets broadcast down there). They have food and restock and you can be there from 12:30 to 8pm. Next door is another lounge, open air style, called Geyser Point and they have some TVs and a great little menu.

https://touringplans.com/blog/2017/...football-walt-disney-world-besides-espn-club/

Last edited:
ESPN is always a go to. ESPN is located on the Boardwalk near to the back entrance of EPCOT.

ESPN will seat you in the area that has your game on. DH went to watch his stupid broncos last Sunday and he had a wait til the first games were over, but he was seated in the section showing that game.

Rix at Coronado Springs is an actual sports bar. They should have any game available. Food isn’t bad but isn’t great. The watchos are pretty good as are the ribs.

I watched MNF last week at Territory Lounge and Geyser Point. Great TV situation at geyser point but no sound at either place.

Just wardhed some college football in Splitsville the other night. Tons of TVs.

Last edited:
As others have pointed out, not a lot of options.
ESPN and Splittsville would be the most popular.

1. The Cowboys? I'm sorry
2. ESPN Club
3. A resort lounge (some will allow the sound to be on. Some won't. Some only have one TV so they may not be showing the game you want.)
4. Disney Springs (there are a few bars that have TVs).

There aren't any TVs inside the bars within the theme parks.

I've watched night games at Territory Lounge at WL. It's very low key, and I never had a problem getting a table right away. They don't open till the evening though, so if it's an afternoon game, you would have to go elsewhere.

I recommend the wings and fondue!

We've watched at ESPN Club and at Splitsville before. ESPN Club has a livelier atmosphere which was fun. They have some pre-game contests going on, the TVs are labeled with which game it is showing. I'm not sure if they still offer, but they used to have a VIP package you could reserve that guaranteed you a seat facing the main TVs in the dining room. It came with a food & beverage minimum spend, but wasn't too difficult to meet if you're there all afternoon with a couple people. Otherwise, I'd recommend getting there at or shortly after opening to grab a seat in the bar.

Splitsville was fine, but the bar area was smaller and there were fewer TVs.

OP we have watched both college and NFL football at the pool bars at POFQ & POR. However they only show what is shown on regular TV ( same with the room & resort lounges) . So it will depend on what games are opposite the Cowboys ( Tampa Bay or one of the other Florida teams) . So you may need a location that has the NFL ticket ( or whatever it is called now).ESPN will have it but you should also check if any of the lounges/bars in the Swan & Dolphin have it.

The DIS reported that Disney Springs AMC 24 will show 3 Pro Football games each Sunday. It looks like it costs a $10 food and beverage card purchase.

Or just lie on the bed in your room in your pajamas or underwear and call room service for pizza.

Just got back and this was our experience. ESPN did play FS1 on Friday night 9/27, MD game. Easy to get in. Earlier that night we went to Martha's Vineyard in Beach Club and ate while watching the Nats baseball game. And popped into ESPN to see MD get smashed so we left early. Then on Sat 9/28, we had dinner at Toledo at Grande Destino tower so we walked down to The Rix at CSR. Easy to sit in little lounge areas and watched Buckeyes at like 7:30 or so. On Tuesday night we monorailed from MK to CR and sat at Outer Rim to watch Nats baseball game. Then on Wed night the in laws wanted to watch the Caps hockey game so we made a 7:50 pm ADR at ESPN and had dinner and watched. It was not super busy in there. We could stay for the whole game. Then this past Sat night we had dinner at Tiffins and left AK to drive over to CSR for watching Buckeyes at Rix again. This time the little lounge areas didn't have the game on and only like 2 oddly placed TVs did. I asked them if they could change a TV (there are like 30 TVs in there, no lie) and they said they could not because they are all fixed on set channels. So we left and tried to get into ESPN at Boardwalk but it was insanely packed and huge crowd waiting (we noticed that BW area got super busier once then dumb gondolas started running). We ended up squeezing in at Big River bar to see Buckeyes game. Caps wasn't showing anywhere that night.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter