stupid, stupid ice cream truck (mini-rant)

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
Ugh! I've been having trouble getting my 9 month old down for naps recently. Just a little while ago I was rocking him for a while. He was thankfully falling asleep.

Just then, an obnoxiously loud ice cream truck comes cruising into the neighborhood blaring "Do Your Ears Hang Low" over and over and over. It parked nearby for a while, and I was hoping that it wouldn't wake up my son. I also work from home and didn't want to take forever getting him back to sleep.

Then, just when I think the truck can't possibly get any louder, it plunks itself in a new spot, which by the sound of it must've been directly on my front door step. Ok fine. Sell your ice cream to all the little kiddies then please be on your way... OMG, this truck was there FOREVER! And although my son hadn't waken up, I still needed to transfer him, during which time he usually wakes up for a few seconds. If I got up with that truck right there I know it would wake him up during the transferral process.

Sooo, I was basically held hostage by a stupid ice cream truck. Eventually it moved on, but I never want to hear that stupid music again... Ok, rant over.

When my third child was a baby, the ice cream truck came through our cul-de-sac every afternoon during his nap. My DH had a nice talk with the driver, and she started turning the music off when she got to our end of the street. If it becomes a regular thing, you might want to do the same.

I remember my mother, and all of the neighborhood mothers, having the same complaint....in 1960. :rotfl: The ice cream truck came along every night between 9 & 10 PM, right after all the kids had gotten in, bathed, and were put in bed.

I didn't know there were still ice cream trucks running around neighborhoods! Awesome for little kids, terrible for their parents. :rolleyes:

For some reason, ours always comes right at dinner time! What's really bad is that I end up being the only mom who says no :rotfl: (not always--I do let them sometimes :rotfl: )

I hear ya.

We've only had one ice cream truck come through in the 5 years we've been here. The sky was cloudy and it seemed like tornado weather. Add to that the truck was playing Brahms' Lullaby. I'd never heard an ice cream truck play that. It was slow and a little discordant. Chris and I thought it sounded like something out of a horror movie. The whole thing was eerie. We haven't seen an ice cream truck since.

:crazy: "Do Your Ears Hang Low" - that is so funny! :) I haven't heard that song in forever then my ds6 sang it at his Spring Kindergarten Program last month. Then I couldn't get it out of my head!

Now I am going to be hearing "Do Your Ears Hang Low?" for the next month :rotfl2:

Do they wobble to and fro
Can you tie them in a knot
Can you tie them in a bow
Do your ears ........hang........low accckkkkkk :crazy:

I'd prefer that song to the one that our truck plays. It is always playing "i had a little chicken and it wouldnt lay and egg" song. Then of course I'm stuck singing it the rest of the day, I drive myself batty..... :rotfl2:

When my kids were little, they thought the ice cream truck was the mailman... we never told them otherwise! :rotfl2:

I was always told when the music played...he was out of ice cream

ktpool said:
:crazy: "Do Your Ears Hang Low" - that is so funny! :) I haven't heard that song in forever then my ds6 sang it at his Spring Kindergarten Program last month. Then I couldn't get it out of my head!

Now I am going to be hearing "Do Your Ears Hang Low?" for the next month :rotfl2:

Do they wobble to and fro
Can you tie them in a knot
Can you tie them in a bow
Do your ears ........hang........low accckkkkkk :crazy:

I sing that to my sister's beagle, who has really long floppy ears, and she loves it! :dog:
Kimya

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!