STUDIO PEOPLE: Assuming Availability, would you really want / book a Tower Studio?

Assuming Availability, would you really want / book a Tower Studio?

• Yes

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 74 49.7%
  • Yes, but only if point cost is no more than the studios at BWV (depending on view)

Votes: 35 23.5%
  • Yes, but only for a few nights as part of a split stay or for a short trip

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People running measuring software say the tower Studios measure out around 250 sq ft to BLT’s 339.

Yes square footage is considerably smaller in tower studios. If lay out is better than the BLT studio and the Murphy bed is up I wonder what the feel of the tower studio will be because the BLT studio doesn’t have a great feel IMO.

Only 24 of them. Jeez, I can just see the posts of people who buy points based on a stay in a tower studio.

I agree, which I guess further answers the OP wondering if folks will really want to book these.

I wonder if you can buy a "set week" for these. Avoiding the 11 month need.

I agree, which I guess further answers the OP wondering if folks will really want to book these.

I wonder if you can buy a "set week" for these. Avoiding the 11 month need.
Disney says they maintained the right to sell up to 35% of any specific Use Day as a fixed Ownership Interest. So in theory they can sell fixed Ownership Interest in these. Now I'm not sure that means they will but they can. And since they can I suspect they will, makes sense for the special event rights offered for runDisney events that started at Copper Creek to continue. The Tower Studios could be perfect for runDisney people maybe.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...n-dated-01-19-19.3734585/page-6#post-60275465

Looks like there will be 12 GVs, 148 2BR lock-offs, 90 dedicated 2BRs, 29 dedicated 1BRs, 38 dedicated studios, and 24 Tower Studios. Just thought I would throw it up here for people to see.

With what the point requirements look to be I'll have to say that we won't be staying in a Tower Studio. I guess really that really was my assumption - a small category, the lowest cost rooms at the resort. It'll be mostly for Riviera owners.

With what the point requirements look to be I'll have to say that we won't be staying in a Tower Studio.

We have those charts? Wasn't sure reading this.

I'm also not sure a"tower Studio" means a high floor for all of them. I took that as a studio in the new Tower.

I guess really that really was my assumption - a small category, the lowest cost rooms at the resort. It'll be mostly for Riviera owners.

Agreed, another vote they really will be booked.

Disney says they maintained the right to sell up to 35% of any specific Use Day as a fixed Ownership Interest. So in theory they can sell fixed Ownership Interest in these. Now I'm not sure that means they will but they can. And since they can I suspect they will, makes sense for the special event rights offered for runDisney events that started at Copper Creek to continue. The Tower Studios could be perfect for runDisney people maybe.

Thanks, yes there will be some takers I bet if offered.

We have those charts? Wasn't sure reading this.

I'm also not sure a"tower Studio" means a high floor for all of them. I took that as a studio in the new Tower.

Agreed, another vote they really will be booked.

On another thread @drusba had requested the proposed Riviera site POS from the state filing which had both the break down of the villas and the total number of points. Based on the number of possible villas and the totals it's looking like it will fall somewhere in the range of BLT point charts (maybe a little higher) but probably less than PVB and VGF. So no, still just going off of estimates vs actual points charts. Maybe they'll really hit certain villas and have lower requirements for studios and tower rooms but then they'll be setting themselves up for issues like they have now with studio availability.

On another thread @drusba had requested the proposed Riviera site POS from the state filing which had both the break down of the villas and the total number of points. Based on the number of possible villas and the totals it's looking like it will fall somewhere in the range of BLT point charts (maybe a little higher) but probably less than PVB and VGF. So no, still just going off of estimates vs actual points charts. Maybe they'll really hit certain villas and have lower requirements for studios and tower rooms but then they'll be setting themselves up for issues like they have now with studio availability.

Ah I got ya. Spreading more points into fewer rooms.

So as for studios, does that mean there is a possible 186.

First off.......I thought the title said.....STUPID people, assuming.....LOL.

We might stay if we had an odd day to fill, but I really don't think so. Usually when we are in the room, DH is laying down, which would leave me with no place to sit. I suppose maybe I could bring a balcony chair into the room, but that's not ideal.

38 dedicated and 148 lock-off studios. So I interpreted to mean a possible 186 also. However, I should note this information was found from the initial fillings to Florida as found by @drusba. Though this far along in construction I'm going to assume they are likely to stay the same.

Yes, up to 186.

Interesting that the Dedicated 2BR count is so low. So if 2BR's are in greater demand then more lockoffs will end up getting booked up as 2BR's. I'm a little surprised at the mix but it seems to align with what DVC was claiming in their point reallocations. That studios and 1BR's are highest in demand. The overall mix is somewhat similar to VWL although a few more studios vs 1BR's and a little less on dedicated 2BR's.

I'm not interested in these, primarily because there is no other place to sit other than the couch. Once the bed is down, you're stuck. DH sleeps later than I do. At least in a studio I'd have a couch to sit on while he sleeps.

Only if I got shut out on BWV value studios at 11 month window & points were the same would I attempt to book the Riviera studio

Upon second thought, I’d probably bank my BWV points and use one of my larger contracts at another resort.

Tower studios look very cramped and all signs point to a point cost not much different from BWV garden and BCV studios. While they'll be booked mostly by Riviera owners, they'll still be appealing only to a minority of members, I don't think they'll be walked at 11 months.

DVC has already demonstrated that they can create a category of low cost but under-sized, bad view rooms and members will heartily compete for the right to book them.

A little thread creep but I had been trying to find where I had read that. Great line and I got a chuckle out of it. :P

I probably would not, but I don't usually book "value" rooms anywhere. DVC has already demonstrated that they can create a category of low cost but under-sized, bad view rooms and members will heartily compete for the right to book them. I suspect many members will find the trade off (cost vs size) quite worth it.

I missed that one as well.

You are exactly right. Many folks tell me "I just need a room to sleep and shower". They are there for WDW parks, not a hotel.

A % of DVC owners have a similar mind set, hence the std view studios (and even reg studios) so hard to get.

I have zero problems with folks doing that, esp if they get more nights (stretch the points) and view Tower Rooms in a similar fashion-IF they want to stay at Riviera anyway. Depending on the points chart obv.

Note the difference in amenities.
We visit Wildwood, NJ at times and by my mistake I booked a 1 bedroom that also only had a sink in the bathroom. Big mistake. I'll never do that again.

TS have one pull down queen bed and no wet bar. (Looks like only water would be from the sink in the bathroom). Assume Tower Studios have a "hard" occupancy of 2 adults plus an infant.

DS have queen bed plus pull down queen bed and a pull down single bed. Full kitchenette. Sleeps 5 adults

Tower Studios
Amenities
  • Microwave
  • Paper plates and bowls, plastic utensils
  • Coffee Maker
  • Bathroom with a walk in shower
  • Built in desk
  • Wireless Internet Access
  • Flat panel TV
  • Private Porch or Balcony
  • Small Refrigerator
  • Iron & Ironing Board

Deluxe Studios
Amenities
  • Wet bar
  • Split bathroom with a shower/tub combination on one side and a walk in shower on the other
  • Microwave
  • Paper plates and bowls, plastic utensils
  • Hairdryer
  • Wireless Internet Access
  • Kitchenette
  • Private Porch or Balcony
  • Coffee Maker
  • Iron & Ironing Board
  • Flat panel TV
  • Small Refrigerator

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!