"stuck" in disney from nj?

OP...Hope you made it safely home
:goodvibes

True, but if you live in an area that was hit hard by Sandy, you might be anxious to get home and make sure everything is ok with your property, loved ones etc.

We live in RI and our coast is a mess. It's very, very sad to see places you love destroyed. We were scheduled to depart Orlando yesterday, but took SWA's offer to rebook at no charge and extended to today. Just arrived home about 3 hrs ago.....

Glad you made it home. Though most of us in RI were fine, South County is just a mess right now :sad1:

Thank you all once again for your good wishes. Home safely Friday night - we received power back late last night - we realize how very, very lucky we are compared to other areas of NJ/NY. We are still under a 6pm curfew in Bayonne, NJ where we live - right over the bridge from Staten Island which is just devastated in many areas :sad1:. This will definitely be one Disney vacation we will never forget. My heart goes out to all those that lost everything; their homes, loved ones, etc. We are very grateful and do not take anything for granted - hug those you love and keep the magic in your hearts. :tinker:

Glad you made it home. Though most of us in RI were fine, South County is just a mess right now :sad1:

Thank you. South County is indeed a mess. My mom had a beach house at Roy Carpenter's when she was a kid and to see the destruction there brought her to tears. It's difficult to see places you know and love in such tough shape :(

I'm so glad you are all safe and sound. Thanks for updating. :)
Thank you all once again for your good wishes. Home safely Friday night - we received power back late last night - we realize how very, very lucky we are compared to other areas of NJ/NY. :tinker:

I was also "stuck" in Disney--was supposed to fly out Monday the 29th. Managed to get a flight to DC Thursday night (the 1st) and got here to NJ yesterday. My DH and son were home with no power from Monday to Thursday--but they were fine and our house was fine, so all things considered, we feel we were very lucky.

It was very difficult to be that far away--I could only call DH at appointed times to preserve his cell battery (landline didn't work), and while I tried to make the best of the extra time, it was hard to have fun knowing that so many people back home were dealing with devastation.

It's overwhelming at times--seeing all the trees down, power lines snapped, lines for gas that stretch for literally miles, not to mention what's happened to the shore. I will likely be out of work for another week--I work in Early Intervention and have to drive all day to get to my appointments, but with the gas situation being what it is, it's not practical for me to do so, plus I have families still out of power, some may be flooded, I just don't know. It's a scary and difficult situation for our whole state right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter