"stuck" in disney from nj?

JoAnnPan

DIS Veteran
Hi - we were supposed to fly home to Newark On 10/28 - flight was cancelled understandably - we were able to rebook for 10/31 - flight also cancelled - we are now booked for 11/4, we are flying United. Anyone experiencing the same? Feel like we are the only ones which i know are not - just wanted to hear what others are going through, etc.

Hope everything is okay when you get home! And hope you're able to relax and enjoy yourself while you're stuck.

Literally just heard on the news 3000 flights were cancelled today. obviously you're not alone! We got stuck in Las Vegas a few years ago. Try to enjoy the extension. I know it's actually not easy to do.

1) WDW isn't such a bad place to be delayed.
2) You could have marooned in Cleveland.

As I always say, if I am ever stuck, I would like to be stuck in Orlando, as I know the area and have options. If you really wanted to, you could always rent a car and drive home.

I know its stressful, but try to make the best of it.

We got stuck in Orlando one time. We had checked out of our WDW resort, went to the airport, and the flight was cancelled(might have been mechanical, the weather was nice). Hmmmm...what to do?:rolleyes1 No flight till the next day, darn it;) We booked in at the airport Hilton and headed back to the world:cool1: Had a nice afternoon and evening(this is one of those occasions where you feel really good about being an AP holder).

We were lucky, some folks really need to get home. Hope it goes better for the OP and everything works out.:)

Best wishes to you! Have you been able to talk to people at home to know the state of your house and neighborhood? I can't imagine being out of town during the storm and not knowing how things are at home...

While Disney sounds like a great place to be stranded, being stuck at Disney for another unplanned week is sure costly! Are you staying at a resort? I know if this happened to us, we likely wouldn't be able to afford to stay at the same resort and buy more park tickets to "extend" the vacation.

Hope you make it home safely and quickly!

Yes, there are much worse places to be stranded. However, I can imagine how costly it is.

I am located outside of Philadelphia. We still have no power. We drove around town a bit today and some areas look like war zones. Certain cities and the beaches are destroyed.

I'm sure you're anxious to get home, I would be, too. But, if your family and your home are okay, I wouldn't hurry. It's bad.

I'm pricing a trip now for something positive to look forward to. :)

Stay safe, try to enjoy yourself, and hopefully all is well when you arrive home.

Good luck to you and your family.

Most airlines won't compensate you for weather related cancellations or delays, although I think in this case many are allowing you to rebook without a fee or refunding without issue. I live in Rochester, NY and my husband is stuck on Long Island (job related). He told me today that his flight tomorrow was also canceled.

1) WDW isn't such a bad place to be .

True, but if you live in an area that was hit hard by Sandy, you might be anxious to get home and make sure everything is ok with your property, loved ones etc.

We live in RI and our coast is a mess. It's very, very sad to see places you love destroyed. We were scheduled to depart Orlando yesterday, but took SWA's offer to rebook at no charge and extended to today. Just arrived home about 3 hrs ago.....

My extended family was in the same situation last year during Irene after our wedding down there. They were supposed to leave Saturday but all of their flights were cancelled until possibly that Tuesday. DH and I already had a flight on Tuesday, so we were fine. Disney gave them a discounted 'hurricane' room rate, but after a few days of trying to rebook flights, they finally gave up and rented a car and drove home because they had to get to work and assess any damage (our basement flooded.)

OP, hope everything at your home is fine! We're still sitting in the dark, but no flooding. I'm just thankful that phone service is sufficient enough again to get me onto the Disboards! :)

We were trapped in Maine trying to get back to Orlando! Finally got a flight through Georgia yesterday.

I feel for you....no matter where you are sometimes it is just time to go home and not being able to stinks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter