Strike Possible at WDW?

I have to say, the underwear thing is gross!

Good for you Epcotmom, and the rest of the CM's who are now able to clean their own undies! Who would of thought!?!?!;)

I appreciated your post . What a wonderful way to start
my day . Our first trip is only 9 days away, and we will be there with our four kids for our 22nd wedding anniversary . Personally , I've been waiting 41 years to go to WDW (since i was 5 ) . Maybe i should not read the rumors board.........it can make things tense .

Anyway....thanks for setting it straight EpcotMom .

My thanks to CMs and others who posted to clear this up. Its nice to have one less thing to worry about. I do hope the 'unmentionables concession' presages some improvement in the lot of CMs. I, for one, certainly appreciate the efforts of CMs who feel lucky to work at WDW, but I think they deserve some consideration/compensation to reward those efforts.

First, I hope everyone understands that this underwear thing is a little overblown, and to some extent a Union ploy to attempt to manipulate public sympathy into assisting them in their negotiations. The number of cast members affected by this issue is probably in double digits, and when you consider the 12,000 cast members that the Service Trades Council represents. I understand that it is a pretty negative situation, but it has been addressed and resolved.
On the strike front, whether there is a "no strike" clause or not, the union has threatened strikes, and sick-outs in the past. During my many years with the company I have seen several instances where managers and office workers were being quickly trained on various locations in the event of a strike. That being said however, you need not worry about a strike. The union will never call for one. Florida is a "right to work state". If cast members walk out the Company has a right to go ahead and fire them and fill their positions. Most cast members can not afford to lose their jobs, so most would not walk-out. Also, I have seen many instances where the Union threatened strike if certain demands were not met, the Company said no, and the Union immediately went back to its members and said the contract was great and that membership should approve it. After the last round of negotiations, membership dropped significantly because the Union really failed to get any concessions that they had said they would get going in, yet still said they had negotiated the best they could get. The Union will never authorize a strike, your vacation is safe.

The number is closer to 25,000 ...But, the underwar thing is this, Each costume has a t-shirt and bicycle shorts. Some less than neat CMs have put these on without the benefit of underwear, and now, comtumed CMs can wash them at home, instead of turning them in..better for everyone! The union does indeed have a no strike clause, and it is written that any work slowdowns or stoppages will result in immediate termination. It is true that the union leadership is weak at best,so...come on down, we'll be here!

it wont happen, 15 days to go!, if it is just the characters it won;t matter to me, only as long as the rides will be working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter