strawberry jam

nicurn

<font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col
Well, we picked strawberries yesterday (the one day it hasn't rained here in months). It was very entertaining. Of course, we picked way too many berries...... I've now made a strawberry shortcake (thanks to a disney recipe book I actually bought on ebay) and I just made jam today. :D It smells really good! I think with the remaining berries I will make chocolate strawberry shortcake. :D maggie

PS: of course, I also have a bunch of pictures from this adventure to scrapbook.....

Would you share your recipes?

I would love to have them.

Do you happen to have Strawberry Soup recipe?

Donald23 - I PM'd you with the Strawberry Soup recipe.

As for strawberry shortcake - we just like the "shortcake" recipe on the Jiffy or Bisquick box. Nuke the shortcake (if not still warm from the oven), cut in half & layer with berries & add milk. Mmmmm :teeth: DH likes Whipped Cream on his, but I like it just like that.

I don't know how Nicurn makes her strawberry jam, but I always used the recipe on the Sure-Jell box. Mmmmm - nothing better!

I don't recommend this to other people, but I always cut the sugar WAY back. Sometimes I'd only use the Sure-Jell and add a package of Knox. (The sugar helps the stuff to gel, but I'm diabetic.) I never had trouble with it going bad, but I know the makers of Mason jars don't recommend messing with "official" recipes for safety reasons.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter