strange but nice surprise

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
today I was checking the bank statement on line to see we have a deposit for $xxxx.xx
it was from the IRS marked as tax relief plan
I know the IRS is catching up on some people with the stimlus money and I heard that some people depending on when they
filed their taxes could get another deposit

as far as I know we efiled our taxes around the same time we usually due sometime end of march begining of april
and Im pretty sure we got the the stimulas money we were entitled too

nice but quite a surprise
has anyone else got another deposit like this

today I was checking the bank statement on line to see we have a deposit for $xxxx.xx
I know the IRS is catching up on some people with the stimlus money and I heard that some people depending on when they

as far as I know we efiled our taxes around the same time we usually due sometime end of march begining of april

Thank you for posting this! I got a deposit too. Mine was because I had filed and taken the hit for the 3 months of state exchange health insurance. I didn't see the update on how to correctly file until after but saw they'd refund.

I got a notice yesterday for my son stating they changed the rules on unemployment. he is getting $350 back. He was thrilled.

I’ve been doing a little research on this and all I’ve seen is about unemployment just wondering what else it could be.

I am hoping we will get our $$ back. I lost my job last year because of covid. I had taxes taken out of my unemployment but it wasn't enough. When we did taxes we owed a little over 2K. Then they voted in the forgiveness/non tax of the first 10K of unemployment. We still had to pay the 2K in taxes and they are supposed to refund that plus the $167 that we are owed with adjustment. Just checked my account. Nothing in there yet.

We received several deposits over the last several months from the IRS. I called our tax accountant and was told it was interest from the extension last year. We didn't file until later last year.

We e filed in Feb and are still waiting for our refund! happy to hear they are still working

this gets even more interesting--in doing some research I came with one that said that since unenployment you didnt have to claim the first 10200 in income--I wasnt on UE
then my other thought was insurance since I was on Obama care for half of last year I though it was a refund for the rest of the year--even though I wasnt paying into it my premium was figured out for the year

so today my DH gets his letter from the IRS ( he hasnt gotten his refund yet from this where as I got my refund and then the letter came)

he wasnt on UE either--nor obama care either for all of last year

the paper says "we changed your form1040 because of recent tax laws rulings or regulations required us to correct your excess premium tax credit repayment" both of ours was for the same amount

so is this refund something every one is getting--we filed our taxes early and efiled--got our refund back probably like march
stilled confused but Ill take it
interesting at most

this gets even more interesting--in doing some research I came with one that said that since unenployment you didnt have to claim the first 10200 in income--I wasnt on UE
then my other thought was insurance since I was on Obama care for half of last year I though it was a refund for the rest of the year--even though I wasnt paying into it my premium was figured out for the year

so today my DH gets his letter from the IRS ( he hasnt gotten his refund yet from this where as I got my refund and then the letter came)

the paper says "we changed your form1040 because of recent tax laws rulings or regulations required us to correct your excess premium tax credit repayment" both of ours was for the same amount

so is this refund something every one is getting--we filed our taxes early and efiled--got our refund back probably like march
interesting at most

Not sure about your dh. But yours is most likely due to the insurance. I had it through my state exchange the 1st 3 months then got hired perm so had it through my employer from April on. I took a decent sized hit for it. As part of it all the last stimilulous bill they made it so you didn't have to pay anything back if you took a hit because of the insurance. It's what I got my refund for last week.

Though I made an IRA contribution to counter it so when I have someone do this years taxes (sold my rental not doing it myself) I'll have him look at 2020 just to make sure I don't need to ammend after that to get more back. Not sure how it all works but am glad to get almost 1k back.

wow glad to hear it all worked out for you

weve had an accountant do our taxes for the last several years
since getting a sizeable inheirtace from both my inlaws and recently my mom
I would not want to even try to do them myself!!!

We received one a couple of months back without any warning, we were really surprised. Must have been something retroactive after we filed our taxes.

interesting at most

Premium Tax Credit Repayment is a reference to your Marketplace health insurance premiums so that is probably why you got the refund.

We had a client who was going to get hammered with paying back his premium tax credit but luckily I found out they were thinking of forgiving it so we held onto his return and filed it after the changes- saved him $13,000!

If you had unemployment during 2020, this may be the reason for you excess refund.
They decided to make the unemployment compensation tax free, but they did it after many people had already filed their 2020 tax return.
My daughter filed her tax return in February, and in June she got an extra $900 refund because of the unemployment thing. She did receive a letter notifying her of it, but the letter came about two weeks after the direct deposity.

Still waiting on my husbands unemployment refund. We filed early also and should be getting a refund. The problem is our tax man had a typo on our bank acct. Every time the IRS send us a refund during the stimulus it took longer and the bank had to reject first, return to IRS and then the eventually mailed us a check. But still not check from unemployment refund yet. Considering it was from June, it is now mid August. :sad2::rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!