Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

Wow...just wow. Totally worth all the major plan changes (including flight) to come here. For the appetizers and desserts they bring one of each item per person so no worries about sharing. The soup was great, I’m a bit of a picky eater and still loved it. I got the prime rib and it was also very well done. The desserts were wonderful too, my favorite was the gooseberry pie which also surprised me. Tasted almost like an apple pie.

Go while you can, I do not anticipate it staying one dining credit for long. The staff was so excited about the change so the energy was great! They introduced the characters and a couple of times throughout the meal did a song where they danced around. I heard whistle while you work and the silly song. Dopey has always had a special place in my heart so it was great to meet him. All the characters were very interactive. Snow White and the dwarves come around to the table and the evil queen stays at a set spot in the middle of the restaurant where you can greet her with a photopass photographer at the end.

It was totally worth it and I would definitely recommend it!

Curious would you pay out of pocket for this or just on dining plan? Trying to decide if it is worth $200 for myself and my 10 year old daughter (who won’t eat much but will enjoy the characters)...we are Canadians so price is a lot higher. Thanks! We have dining plan for next summer so might wait...thanks!

I took my 11 & 12 yos, and we are from Australia so I understand what you are saying about the exchange rate. It really was worth every penny to us though. Everything was just beautiful and there has been so much effort put into the entire experience! The Evil Queen - my 12yo, who is not fazed by much, came away smiling about the fact that the EQ gave her the creeps, lol. And she was fantastic - I definitely minded my manners around her just in case! :D

We had four of the six mains at our table: prime rib, veal shank, chicken & snapper. All excellent. Appetisers were delicious too. I need to look up my drink name - apologies, I'm on the bus home lol - but it too was very good! So much attention to detail!

Attachments

• IMG_1353.JPG
    IMG_1353.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 88
Curious would you pay out of pocket for this or just on dining plan? Trying to decide if it is worth $200 for myself and my 10 year old daughter (who won’t eat much but will enjoy the characters)...we are Canadians so price is a lot higher. Thanks! We have dining plan for next summer so might wait...thanks!
I did pay out of pocket for it. I had the quick service dining plan while I was at pop but have already switched to an offsite hotel to do universal. To me it was worth it. I splurged and got a drink too so the cost adds up. If you’ll have the dining plan in summer 2019 it may be worth waiting. But I wouldn’t wait until 2020. The characters are great and I’d be shocked if it wasn’t two credits by then.

I took my 11 & 12 yos, and we are from Australia so I understand what you are saying about the exchange rate. It really was worth every penny to us though. Everything was just beautiful and there has been so much effort put into the entire experience! The Evil Queen - my 12yo, who is not fazed by much, came away smiling about the fact that the EQ gave her the creeps, lol. And she was fantastic - I definitely minded my manners around her just in case! :D

We had four of the six mains at our table: prime rib, veal shank, chicken & snapper. All excellent. Appetisers were delicious too. I need to look up my drink name - apologies, I'm on the bus home lol - but it too was very good! So much attention to detail!
Thank you for your review!

Wow...just wow. Totally worth all the major plan changes (including flight) to come here. For the appetizers and desserts they bring one of each item per person so no worries about sharing. The soup was great, I’m a bit of a picky eater and still loved it. I got the prime rib and it was also very well done. The desserts were wonderful too, my favorite was the gooseberry pie which also surprised me. Tasted almost like an apple pie.

Go while you can, I do not anticipate it staying one dining credit for long. The staff was so excited about the change so the energy was great! They introduced the characters and a couple of times throughout the meal did a song where they danced around. I heard whistle while you work and the silly song. Dopey has always had a special place in my heart so it was great to meet him. All the characters were very interactive. Snow White and the dwarves come around to the table and the evil queen stays at a set spot in the middle of the restaurant where you can greet her with a photopass photographer at the end.

It was totally worth it and I would definitely recommend it!
Thank you for your review! Sounds wonderful!

Wow, he goes mostly negative on pretty much everything. Must be incredible to get a thumbs up from him.

You could tell the staff put a lot of effort into it. All the managers were around the restaurant. The one I talked to is a manager at whispering canyon and it was her day off but came in to see the opening because they all spent so much time on it. You could really tell how invested the staff was and how much time they put into it especially since it was a fairly quick turnover from the old Artist Point to the storybook dining. They really did it right and there are so many cute little details they incorporated.

View attachment 370164

To anyone who has a reservation, or is contemplating one... it is ah-ma-zing!!! (I should add, this is not how the food is presented. There are some special features with that but there are people who will illustrate that far better than I if you want to be spoilered! :) )

The food, the atmosphere, the evil queen lol - hands down the best character dining (and some of the best dining period) we have done at WDW. ❤️
Do you get to have your picture taken with the evil queen? An autograph?

Ok thanks...I will be cancelling my reservation then sadly. I am Canadian too so with the exchange it would be like $200 for myself and 10 year old daughter...just crazy
Isn’t cost relative though? Exchange rates are the same no matter how you are spending your time or where you are eating. You are paying a high exchange rate for the whole trip so you might as well have the good experiences and cut corners on the meals that aren’t “experiences”. Just my thoughts.

Anyone know if kids on the dining plan can get one of the special non alcoholic drinks here?

Last edited:
We had dinner here tonight as well. I will say that they need more coaching on the allergy menus. If I were to describe the evening in broad strokes, I would definitely say that the setting is beautiful, the character interactions were great, the Queen is fabulous, and the food is extremely creative. If I were to nitpick, I would say that there were quite a few bumps and growing pains evident, especially on the allergy front (the servers have not been trained on allergy-friendly offerings). Also, the character handler literally yelled at my kiddo to stop trying to do bunny ears on Grumpy for the photo and he never really turned himself around from that...I thought it was odd and it was a total mood-killer. Overall, I would definitely recommend it, though, and would return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!