"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Sold my SSR and bought BCV resale! Will be home Spring Break 2011! Anyone have an opinion on the character breakfast and the seafood evening buffet? The anticipation is almost as good as the trip, 11 months to dream.........

Leaving Fri for VWL, but I own at both. This has made me homesick. I am now going to go over to BC on my Epcot day!

Sold my SSR and bought BCV resale! Will be home Spring Break 2011! Anyone have an opinion on the character breakfast and the seafood evening buffet? The anticipation is almost as good as the trip, 11 months to dream.........

Our younger son and I went to Cape May for breakfast last trip for the first time in many years. Our server was wonderful, the characters were fun and the food was good. The breakfast buffet at Captain's Grille is basically the same (pancakes there but not at Cape May IIRC) for a lower price and you can order a la carte, so we will continue to walk over there more often than breakfast at Cape May.

Love breakfast from the Marketplace, too. Fantastic made to order parfaits.

Speaking of BCMarketplace, did everyone see the sad news that corpcomp posted? No more gelato. :sad1:

Leaving Fri for VWL, but I own at both. This has made me homesick. I am now going to go over to BC on my Epcot day!

Have a great vacation. :cool1:

:welcome:

When my DH and I went on our first trip to BCV in June it was so hot. I was finally able to convince DH that we should go in Oct. Here in Colorado my kids follow a modified calendar for school and have two weeks off for a fall break. I was thinking - cheaper points, cooler weather, and way less crowds. I was able to book BCV at the 11 month mark for our 12 day trip. Now I keep reading about Food & Wine Festival and how busy it will be. And DH who is on a huge fitness kick and doesn't drink wine says - he only wants to go to Epcot one day of our 10 park days !! Oh yeah and btw he also is telling me he doesn't want me to pay for Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party because he doesn't care if it has a special parade !! Will someone please help me calm down :lmao:
How are the crowds at Food and Wine Festival at Epcot and other Parks? Weather ? Has anyone paid for the MNSSHP and felt it is something we couldn't skip doing once ? October is unchartered territory for me, freaking me out a little bit now. :scared1:

We will be there in Oct too! We are planning the MNSSHP for sure. From what I have read on other boards and seeing the photos etc we have to try it at least once. There are people who go twice on their trips! We were in the car the other day talking about the trip, the halloween party, trick or treating and grandma meeting us there. My 7 yr old was jumping up and down in the back of the car because we had not told him yet. "Trick or treating??? at MK? Grandma is going to be there?????" My 4 yr old then chimed in "Candy!!!" :rotfl:

Ack! I just realized my 180 day was Tuesday! I have to make ADRs.

Thank you for the pix of my home sweet DVC home. I like to close my eyes and picture myself in the Solarium with my morning coffee and the Florida sun beaming in. Or curled up in the drawing room with a summer beach trash novel. Or carrying my noodle through the lobby on my way to Stormalong Bay. I've stayed at the other DVC resorts and they have their charms, but there's no place like the BCV for me!:love:

Our first DVC trip is in less than two months... and we will have a weekend at BC! We cannot wait to spend time at Stormalong Bay! Love this thread and the pics!

We LOVED the buffet at Cape May - in fact so much I think the characters got sick of us in the morning :laughing: It was nice to be able to roll out of bed and walk to a character breakfast. My DH and DS favorite was the mickey waffles. My DD loved the yogurt and chocolate chip muffins. I loved the breakfast potatos and the biscuits and gravy. The only thing I thought was better at 1900 Park Fare was the make your own omelette, but I thought I had read somewhere that they are offering this now too-- but not sure myself. Here are some of my pictures from our many trips for breakfast. And they also passed out these cute little aqua colored beads-- I think we have enough to pass them out the next trip back :)

Goofy:
animalkingdom6-21-09001.jpg

Donald:
disneyworld2009001.jpg

DD enjoying here yogurt and cereal

disneyworld2009002.jpg

Minnie:
disneyworld2009004.jpg

Goofy:

disneyworld2008006.jpg

Mickey Waffles and Bacon :

disneyworld2008005.jpg

1900parkfaremickeywaffle-1.jpg

Another Donald:
disneyworld2009259.jpg

The Cape May Chocolate Birthday Muffin:

capemaycafe-muffincake-1.jpg

DINNER

The dinner here was VERY good -- tons of choices seafood and lots of non-seafood too. My DH favorite was the clam chowder, I enjoyed the tempra fried cod, and I think I gained ten pounds on the corn bread-- yum ! I also read when making my adr's that they have added snow crab legs -- I am starving right about now !!
Also the deserts are great - but be sure to know that for some reason the desserts are split and end up in two different places-- you veterns know what I am talking about. As you come into the resturant if you walk straight - separte from all the other food you will find an island of desserts that includes the oreo bon-bons, they are not to be missed. I don't have any pictures of the evening buffet as I left the camera packed up due to the lack of characters. But for those with kiddos, mine loved the dinner because the tablecloth is one huge piece of paper and they get to color all over it. That is a nice touch !

We will be there in Oct too! We are planning the MNSSHP for sure. From what I have read on other boards and seeing the photos etc we have to try it at least once. There are people who go twice on their trips! We were in the car the other day talking about the trip, the halloween party, trick or treating and grandma meeting us there. My 7 yr old was jumping up and down in the back of the car because we had not told him yet. "Trick or treating??? at MK? Grandma is going to be there?????" My 4 yr old then chimed in "Candy!!!" :rotfl:

Ack! I just realized my 180 day was Tuesday! I have to make ADRs.

Sounds like you will have a blast ! I haven't even researched or looked at MNSSHP because I know if I do I will want to do it ! And to be honest everytime we go in June/August we end up staying at the parks way to late and end up dying by the end of the 11 days. I think I am looking forward to being forced to leave MK by 7:00 - that way I can head back to BCV and enjoy the pool and movie on the beach ! But who knows I may throw caution to the wind and just force DH to be dragged along :laughing:

Turtle31, October is one of my favorite months at WDW. The weather is usually warm but not humid. Perfect for parks and swimming. Evenings can cool off as you would expect.

NOT humid -- oh I can't wait ! The humidity in June and August was KILLER ! And I wouldn't mind a little cool off in the evening either. We are visiting Epcot during the week, I am really looking forward to it !

Thank you for the dining info. Your pictures are great! Do you need an ADR for the dinner buffet? One of my daughters is not a seafood fan, I'm guessing there is a chicken item or something else. How convenient to walk downstairs to a nice meal! By the way, we love beaches and cream, except for the wait. We usually have 8 and next visit 9, our oldest son got married! We have a nice trip to Washington D.C. in June, but all we talk about is the BCV trip Spring Break 2011!

3 more days till BCV! :yay:

We are sad that the slide will close on the Sunday while we are there but we plan to get a lot of slide time in before hand.

I love the location of BC and being able to walk to Epcot dinners is the best. The boat ride to DHS is wonderful and a nice time to relax.

Now back to sewing.

We have owned at VWL since 2001, but just recently bought a resale at BCV. We have only stayed there once (before we were owners) and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to staying there next year (2011) during Food and Wine. DH and I go every year, but got our points this year too late for the 11 month window. There was nothing available when I tried to book, so we will be at AKV for the first time instead!

Hoping to get in for Jan 3-6. Before our Panama Canal cruise. June 3 can't come fast enough!

Lexi, you will LOVE the Panama Canal cruise. DH, DD and I were on the EB cruise in 2008. It was most definitely the trip of a lifetime!

Okay everyone don't freak when you see this next picture -- It is not at the BCV :rotfl:
It is April 23 here in Colorado--- this is my backyard right now -- breath taking but now I really want my BCV --- this just stinks :scared1:

And if anyone could please explain global warming to me again - I would love to understand it :lmao:

DSC_0118.jpg

TeaPot:
Thanks for the interview- my kids are going to miss Art. The pics are great, and thanks for the compliment on the name :)

Okay everyone don't freak when you see this next picture -- It is not at the BCV :rotfl:
It is April 23 here in Colorado--- this is my backyard right now -- breath taking but now I really want my BCV --- this just stinks :scared1:

And if anyone could please explain global warming to me again - I would love to understand it :lmao:

DSC_0118.jpg

TeaPot:
Thanks for the interview- my kids are going to miss Art. The pics are great, and thanks for the compliment on the name :)

We love Art and I noticed you said that your kids will miss him. Does this mean he has retired? We have not seen him our last few stays.
BCV Lovers.

We love Art and I noticed you said that your kids will miss him. Does this mean he has retired? We have not seen him our last few stays.
BCV Lovers.

Yes, he retired on October 17, 2009.

LOL, so glad that your Colorado picture is not BCV! As for global warming and big storms, here's info from the Environmental Defense Foundation:
"Studies show that global warming will increase the frequency or intensity of many kinds of extreme weather. While we can't attribute a particular heat wave or hurricane to global warming, the trends are clear: Global warming loads the atmospheric dice to roll "heat wave" or "intense storm" more often."

Turtle 31 Thanks so much for starting this thread!!!
Love Love the Name

Here are a few more pics...

wdwmothersdaymay09162.jpg

I just came across this video interview with Art the Greeter from the Beach Club.
I know he has some fans here and I though I would share.

Great pics and thanks for the interview link!

So looking forward to our cruise. Hoping to have 3 nice days at BC before we cruise. Maybe even breakfast with Minnie! My second choice is either VWL or BWV.

omg, how did I miss this until now?

We are BCV owners, LOVE it there and cannot have a vacation there without staying "home". Even if we try another resort, it's only for a couple of days cause BCV is Home to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter