Storing luggage at a different resort

Daughter is checking out of All Stars in the morning and they are spending their last day at Magic Kingdom. Can they take their luggage to be stored at one of the monorail resorts for the day so they can leave from there to go to the hotel they are staying at before their early morning flight or will they have to go all the way back to All Stars. Thanks for any timely replies on short notice.

Daughter is checking out of All Stars in the morning and they are spending their last day at Magic Kingdom. Can they take their luggage to be stored at one of the monorail resorts for the day so they can leave from there to go to the hotel they are staying at before their early morning flight or will they have to go all the way back to All Stars. Thanks for any timely replies on short notice.

I don’t really think this is anything we can answer, but it seems like a non-starter to me. I can’t imagine Bell Services at the monorail resorts would allow outside guests to store bags there, but you never know. I would have them call Bell Services at one of them to ask. It’s a call center but they would be able to answer definitively. They’re open fairly early too iirc.

I would be very surprised if they did. I have always been asked if I am staying at the resort - if I am checking out they still take the room number, and if I am checking in the only reason I am checking it is because my room is not ready yet and they note that and have usually checked it against an expected arrival list and put it in an “arrivals to be delivered” area. Even if they lied and said they were checking in, my guess is once it became clear that they were NOT checking in, security measures might be taken - especially at an on-monorail resort.

Plus imagine if everyone checking out of a non-MK (or Epcot) resort tried to check their luggage for the day. There would quickly be no room - and likely inadequate service - for people legitimately staying there.

IMHO, it will take us much time, if not more, to drag their luggage across property, store it at bell services and go to MK and back. It would be much easier to just leave it with bell services at their resort and there will be zero questions asked.

I have always been asked if I am staying at the resort - if I am checking out they still take the room number
Really? Which resorts? This has never been the case in my stays. It would be a peculiar question to ask a guest with luggage in tow if they are staying there. We were at AOA as recently as October, and I stored our luggage after check-out. The handler just took my name and wrote down how many pieces we were storing, handed me the ticket, and we were on our way. Perhaps it varies by staff member if they take your room number or not.

OP - personally, I don't think it would be an issue, especially since some of us have not had them even ask for details. BUT I can't confirm whether its actually permissible, and no one knows if they'd be given a hard time on the day of. Also, PPs raise good points in that they wouldn't be able to bring it on Disney transportation in order to get to the monorail resort, and it likely would take just as much time to drop it off there than it would to just retrieve it from the All Stars at the end of the day. Luggage storage is usually at the front of the resort near the bus stop anyhow, so they should be able to quickly retrieve it from there and then call an Uber (or whatever) to go to their next hotel.

We have not done this at a monorail resort but we have done it at an IG resort. It was no problem.

And I've never been asked for my room number when we leave bags upon checking out. Name, never number.

That said, I agree that it's more trouble than it's worth. First you have to deal with getting the bags there. This is not someone wanting to do this to catch a flight, they are just moving to another hotel. Spend the extra 15 min to go back to their hotel, get their bags and then move.

For their flight, can they use Resort Airline Check In to have their bags sent to the airport from their hotel? Depends on the airline and which airport.

For their flight, can they use Resort Airline Check In to have their bags sent to the airport from their hotel? Depends on the airline and which airport.
I took the OP as saying they are checking out of their Disney hotel and moving to another off-site hotel that night, flying out the next morning. So they wouldn't be able to use RAC if that's the case.

Really? Which resorts? This has never been the case in my stays. It would be a peculiar question to ask a guest with luggage in tow if they are staying there. We were at AOA as recently as October, and I stored our luggage after check-out. The handler just took my name and wrote down how many pieces we were storing, handed me the ticket, and we were on our way. Perhaps it varies by staff member if they take your room number or not.

OP - personally, I don't think it would be an issue, especially since some of us have not had them even ask for details. BUT I can't confirm whether its actually permissible, and no one knows if they'd be given a hard time on the day of. Also, PPs raise good points in that they wouldn't be able to bring it on Disney transportation in order to get to the monorail resort, and it likely would take just as much time to drop it off there than it would to just retrieve it from the All Stars at the end of the day. Luggage storage is usually at the front of the resort near the bus stop anyhow, so they should be able to quickly retrieve it from there and then call an Uber (or whatever) to go to their next hotel.

Pop, AoA, CBR, Sports are the ones that come to mind. I was asked for a room number if checking out and if I was checking in they checked a list to see if they had an assignment yet.

Pop, AoA, CBR, Sports are the ones that come to mind. I was asked for a room number if checking out and if I was checking in they checked a list to see if they had an assignment yet.
Bell Services checked your name for room assignment? Wow, I've never had that happen but out of those hotels, only stayed at CBR and we arrived after midnight, so clearly had a room and didn't store bags
I had no idea you could ask Bell Services for a room assignment if the front desk is busy and your app isn't showing it

Bell Services checked your name for room assignment? Wow, I've never had that happen but out of those hotels, only stayed at CBR and we arrived after midnight, so clearly had a room and didn't store bags
I had no idea you could ask Bell Services for a room assignment if the front desk is busy and your app isn't showing it

Maybe I just hit the jackpot with an overly cautious person taking the bags initially. I didn't ask them for the room assignment. They had a list of arrivals and checked I guess to make a note I was there. But he did not indicate that the number was there or that he could have told me. I simply said "I just got here but have not gotten my room assignment yet." He looked at a list and made a note and then took my bags. I was not hanging over the podium looking at his information.

That said, even if they are not asking now, I suspect that they DO know how many arrivals and departures they are expecting and IF they start to see a big uptick in bags getting dropped off and picked up the same day at Gateway or Monorail resorts, they may well implement a procedure of requiring bell services to check for either an arrival or departure from that resort.

I haven't had this happen on either end of my stay and have stayed at CBR and AOA. Perhaps its dependent on the CM checking the luggage. But in my own experience with bell services at and outside of Disney, they only want to provide good service and will do most anything you want for a tip.

That said, even if they are not asking now, I suspect that they DO know how many arrivals and departures they are expecting and IF they start to see a big uptick in bags getting dropped off and picked up the same day at Gateway or Monorail resorts, they may well implement a procedure of requiring bell services to check for either an arrival or departure from that resort.
In fairness, I don't imagine the scenario OP is asking about is one that happens frequently. Most people want to store luggage so as NOT to schlep it elsewhere... just to store it there.

I think this is one of those scenarios where there's not an explicit policy, but 8 times out of 10, the CM will either not notice, not care, or permit it at their discretion.

As mentioned, they would have to Uber/Lyft or Minnie Van over to thr MK area resort in order to get bags there,

If it were me, I’d leave them at resort, and then catch a LYFt back to resort from one of the MK resorts at the end of park visit so they don’t have to rely on buses,

We did somethibg kind of like this when we had Chef Mickeys on our checkout day. We checked out of Pop and took a Lyft over to CR. No problem with bell desk checking them during our meal. Then, Lyft straight to the airport. It was actually much more efficient bc we were at the back of Pop and Lyft picked us up by our room instead of having to haul the suitcases all the way to the front of the resort.

We store luggage all the time and have never been asked room number, in fact you wouldn't even have one on check in day especially in the morning.

On my last trip I was asked if I was checking in or checking out. At Yacht club I noticed they stored our bags inside on arrival (check-in) day and outside on our check out day.

So they may ask you in an effort to determine where best to store your bags but I can't imagine them turning away a tip!

So they may ask you in an effort to determine where best to store your bags but I can't imagine them turning away a tip!
This. Having worked front desk in a hotel, most bell services staff wouldn't care either way if you're a guest of the hotel or not. Makes no difference to them, as long as you're tipping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!