Storing lightsabers after savi's?

princesslizzy

Earning My Ears
Will Disney hold our lightsabers while we finish our day at the park?

Me and my 18 year old daughter are planning a kind of last minute disney trip to Disneyland. It is in less than 3 weeks now, we are squeezing it in before she heads off to college at the end of August. Making lightsabers isn't a must do for either of us, but my sweet husband (who is staying home with our 4 younger kids) is REALLY wanting to pay for us to make lightsabers. Its fine, it will be fun. But neither of us wants to carry them around all day, and we are staying at hotel Lulu. Close enough to walk there and back once, not close enough that we want to walk back and forth multiple times to drop stuff off.

My grandson just did Savi’s workshop in WDW and we had it sent to his home. He didn’t have to carry it around or on the plane. Any other option was not offered. I don’t know how it works in Disneyland.
I tried searching online to find out- but I got that same answer: it can be shipped but not held at disney world. I couldn't find the answer for Disneyland.

Have you scheduled the Savi’s time yet? Personally, I would probably just schedule whatever the last time slot is, and then just leave the park after that. (If it’s closing time)

Saves the rest of the day for whatever else you want to do, and you won’t have to carry them for too long… some of the rides would prob be fine to take them on, I guess it would depend on how much time was available afterwards…

Have you scheduled the Savi’s time yet? Personally, I would probably just schedule whatever the last time slot is, and then just leave the park after that. (If it’s closing time)

Saves the rest of the day for whatever else you want to do, and you won’t have to carry them for too long… some of the rides would prob be fine to take them on, I guess it would depend on how much time was available afterwards…
Thats not a bad idea. I had scheduled for 1:30, thinking that it would be a nice break from the heat in the middle of the day. But I just checked later times and there is a 9:40 available, park closes at 10. So for now we have 2 times slots scheduled. We can buy all the lightsabers. 🤣

My plan in Sept. is similar, we have Savi’s, then lunch at Café Orleans, and plan to go back to our villa at GCH to drop stuff and have a rest. I’m not sure how many days you’re there, but if it’s just one day, I definitely understand not wanting to waste time going back and forth! That late time would be awesome, the park will have cleared out significantly by the time you’re done, but you could still meander through some shops on your way out, if you have other shopping you‘d like to do… :)

My plan in Sept. is similar, we have Savi’s, then lunch at Café Orleans, and plan to go back to our villa at GCH to drop stuff and have a rest. I’m not sure how many days you’re there, but if it’s just one day, I definitely understand not wanting to waste time going back and forth! That late time would be awesome, the park will have cleared out significantly by the time you’re done, but you could still meander through some shops on your way out, if you have other shopping you‘d like to do… :)
We have just 2 days, 1 at California Adventure and 1 at Disneyland. We want to be in the parks as much as we could for just those 2 days. We were also really excited to take the bare minimum with us each day. Most of our trips are whole family, and with 5 kids my husband gets pretty obsessed with packing in as much food and drinks as possible to save money and time.

We have just 2 days, 1 at California Adventure and 1 at Disneyland. We want to be in the parks as much as we could for just those 2 days. We were also really excited to take the bare minimum with us each day. Most of our trips are whole family, and with 5 kids my husband gets pretty obsessed with packing in as much food and drinks as possible to save money and time.

Gotcha… yeah, without little kids, it’s definitely a lot easier! Less pack-muling, less snacks to buy, less bathroom breaks, haha!
My kids are all older teenagers/young adults now, so I just go with hubs, and we just bought DVC a couple of years ago. This will be our first DVC stay, and with all of the recent events, this trip will be a lot different… you’ll be able to get a ton done in those 2 days though, but that late Savi’s appt really sounds good.
I’m kind of rethinking mine, and debating if I should just do a later one also, lol 🤣

Personally, I’d just take them back to your hotel once you’ve assembled them. Disneyland will ship items, well they did in 2019 anyway. You would go to customer relations at City Hall to organise shipping but by the time you wait in line and organise it, you could probably have gone to your hotel and back a couple of times.
For other items throughout the day, just use the lockers on Main Street and pick them up as you leave.

When we did ours we did it in the evening so we'd have some time to get cool pictures of them around SWGE. We also had a Oga's reservation after too. We did ride one ride on the way out and the CMs basically let us treat it like child swap- one person stayed behind with the sabers and then switched. 🤣 I think doing it at night is awesome just to see then lit up!

In February 2020, they would hold them for you at Droid Depot and I did that, but I'm not sure if they are still offering that service or not.

Just in case anyone else is wondering about this, the lightsabers fit in the largest lockers outside the Disneyland entrance in the Esplanade (if they’re open). My DH was able to assemble his, keep it out there for the rest of the day, then bring it back into the park for nighttime pictures. It might have fit in the second largest locker, but we weren’t sure so we just used the largest locker.

Will Disney hold our lightsabers while we finish our day at the park?

Me and my 18 year old daughter are planning a kind of last minute disney trip to Disneyland. It is in less than 3 weeks now, we are squeezing it in before she heads off to college at the end of August. Making lightsabers isn't a must do for either of us, but my sweet husband (who is staying home with our 4 younger kids) is REALLY wanting to pay for us to make lightsabers. Its fine, it will be fun. But neither of us wants to carry them around all day, and we are staying at hotel Lulu. Close enough to walk there and back once, not close enough that we want to walk back and forth multiple times to drop stuff off.

When I went in June, I purchased a lightsaber and they were able to store it at Droid Depot for me until I picked it up. They mentioned something about park closing, but I knew I was leaving Disneyland well before that so I kind of let it slip as to the exact timing. I'm sure with a trip to Savi's, they would be able to store it at Droid Depot for you - as long as you have a receipt.

We built lightsabers yesterday.

We had them shipped to Denver... cost about $37 for 2 ( they still do shipping based on price of item... keep your receipt)

I believe it was First Order Cargo that did it.

When I went in June, I purchased a lightsaber and they were able to store it at Droid Depot for me until I picked it up. They mentioned something about park closing, but I knew I was leaving Disneyland well before that so I kind of let it slip as to the exact timing. I'm sure with a trip to Savi's, they would be able to store it at Droid Depot for you - as long as you have a receipt.

Ooooo good to know. We were going to have someone run all the sabers to the GCH for us after our appointment so we didn't have to lug around all day. This seems a better option!

Can anyone tell me what size the finished lightsabers are? Do they 'collapse' down at all? Does anyone know if they will hold them for you until later (Disney World)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter