"STITCH" bus signs?

anthony2k7

DIS Veteran
What does it mean when the disney buses say "STITCH" on the destination signs? does it just mean its out of service or something else?

I hope you get an answer, as I was wondering the same thing.

I asked this question a little over a year ago and was advised that buses that have character names as destination are charter/ special events buses.

Corinna

We asked the same question this year and we are told that when the driver is not on a particular route that they can put any Disney character on their marquee and often it is Stitch.

it's actually the version of the Magic-In-Motion marquee software the buses use. All those things like the GPS, the music and spiels on the buses, that's all part of MiM. Each version is named after a character with the first being MICKEY MOUSE and the second, I believe, being DONALD DUCK. Other versions have included REMY, SNOW WHITE, ARIEL, ARISTOCATS and more.

STITCH is the newest version which added features like the deadhead signs (DHPC for example) and the ability to announce special celebrations as guests board the bus.

since it's the version identifier, bus drivers really can't control which name goes up there.

I wrote a big article on it, I'll PM you the link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter