Still no calories in a picture-Updated 2/27 Everything Pop and Be Our Guest

AllyinWonderland

DIS Veteran
Hello, and welcome to my second dining review! My husband, daughter and I were at Walt Disney World from October 27 to November 5. We spent our first 4 nights at Pop Century with the dining plan. Our next 5 nights were spent at Boardwalk Inn without the dining plan. After our stay at BWI, we fell in love with the deluxe experience and hopefully we can keep making that work with our vacation budget. This was our first trip in recent years without the dining plan; I will save our thoughts on that for the end of the report. I thought about doing a full trip report, but I can’t handle that kind of commitment, so you may see some other vacation photos thrown in from time to time.

Now, let me introduce you to my family.

EPCOT_VISAMEET_7500741907_zpsf3ytqigs.jpeg

I am Ally and I am a huge Disney fan (obviously). Dining is a big part of every trip for me and I love planning that part of our vacations. I am somewhat adventurous but also like to stick with safe favorites. I really love desserts, especially chocolate, so expect to see plenty of sweets. Typically I enjoy my fair share of specialty cocktails and wine on vacation but…….

20151029_075700_zpsjtzwci0n.jpg

so, no alcohol for me this trip.

Next up is my husband, Jesse. He had never been to Disney World until we met. Now he loves it almost as much as I do. Jesse doesn’t enjoy any of the planning, but if you get him talking about behind the scenes Disney info or trivia, he will talk your ear off. He will try just about everything once and considers dining to be one of his favorite parts of vacation.

Last but certainly not least is our daughter, Cami. She is just shy of 3 and has been a Disney fan since birth. Cami is fearless, determined and never lacking personality. Despite taking her to all types
of restaurants for her entire life, she really does not behave well when we go out to eat. I am pretty sure that she was born without a slow speed, which always keeps us on our toes. At home she eats mostly natural foods and we have always fed her whatever we are eating, so she has pretty good palate for her age. Unfortunately, she is usually too excited to eat well at restaurants. You will see some pictures of Cami with the characters and she will almost always have a scowl on her face. Believe it or not, characters were one of her favorite parts of the trip, she just has a very serious look 99.9% of the time. To prove that she does smile from time to time, here is a picture of her playing after riding Figment.
20151028_153937_zpsod7g9abs.jpg

As with all previous trips, we visited old favorites and threw in a few new ones as well. Overall, this was one of our favorite trips food wise and I can’t wait to share it with you!

The title of the thread comes from an interaction with Lady Tremaine during our Fall 2014 trip. We asked for a picture and she replied, "Sure. No calories in a picture, unless you eat the picture."

Last edited:
Tuesday, October 27
Goofy’s Candy Company
Raglan Road

Wednesday, October 28

Everything Pop
Food and Wine Festival Booths
Chefs de France

Thursday, October 29

Crystal Palace
Cosmic Ray’s
Main Street Confectionary

Whispering Canyon Café

Friday, October 30

Tusker House
Landscape of Flavors

Saturday, October 31

Everything Pop
Be Our Guest
L’Artisan des Glaces
Boardwalk Bakery

Sunday, November 1
Belle Vue Lounge
Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie
Leaping Horse Libations
Beaches and Cream

Monday, November 2
Belle Vue Lounge
Hollywood and Vine
Pizza Planet
Yachtsman Steakhouse
L’Artisan des Glaces

Tuesday, November 3
Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie
Via Napoli
L’Artisan des Glaces
Goofy’s Candy Co.
Wolfgang Puck Express
Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop

Wednesday, November 4
Gaston’s Tavern
Cosmic Ray’s
Big Top Souvenirs
Be Our Guest
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor

Thursday, November 5
Cape May Café

Last edited:
Hey Ally.. Congrats on baby #2! Can't wait to hear about all of your dining adventures. Looks like you went to some great places!

Yay! I remember reading your last report and really enjoying it. Can't wait to see your reviews - looks like you've got a great variety :D

Hey Ally.. Congrats on baby #2! Can't wait to hear about all of your dining adventures. Looks like you went to some great places!

Thanks! We definitely hit up some great restaurants this trip, I am looking forward to sharing our experiences!

Yay! I remember reading your last report and really enjoying it. Can't wait to see your reviews - looks like you've got a great variety :D

Thank you for joining in again!

Looking forward to your teetotal report :)

Glad to have you following along :)

Oooo, this looks like it's going to be good!

Thanks for asking us to follow along! I'll be here with my imaginary knife and fork in hand!

Hi Ally! :wave2: I'm sad that our paths never crossed, despite the fact that we were both staying at the Boardwalk for 5 nights. And then I had dinner at YSH on Sunday and Beaches & Cream on Monday and you did the opposite. :upsidedow (I remember you commenting about that on Instagram.) Oh, and then there were the countless times that I grabbed a cup of coffee from the Belle Vue Lounge in the morning. Almost every morning except for Nov. 1 and 2! :laughing:

Anyway, count me in! It will be fun to compare notes. :thumbsup2

Oh, and congrats on the upcoming addition to your family! :goodvibes

Following along...looks like some great restaurant picks!

Welcome! There were definitely some great restaurants this trip!

Oooo, this looks like it's going to be good!

Thanks for asking us to follow along! I'll be here with my imaginary knife and fork in hand!

Glad to have you!

Hi Ally! :wave2: I'm sad that our paths never crossed, despite the fact that we were both staying at the Boardwalk for 5 nights. And then I had dinner at YSH on Sunday and Beaches & Cream on Monday and you did the opposite. :upsidedow (I remember you commenting about that on Instagram.) Oh, and then there were the countless times that I grabbed a cup of coffee from the Belle Vue Lounge in the morning. Almost every morning except for Nov. 1 and 2! :laughing:

Anyway, count me in! It will be fun to compare notes. :thumbsup2

Oh, and congrats on the upcoming addition to your family! :goodvibes

Thank you :) It is too bad that our paths never crossed, especially with how much time we spent in the same areas.

What a packed trip. Im following

Welcome!

I am so sorry for the delay in this report, that is not like me at all. A few days after we got home, Cami ended up getting sick. She then passed the sickness onto me. As soon as we were healthy again it was time to leave town for Thanksgiving weekend. Life is finally getting back to normal for the first time in over a month. I am currently trying to figure out how to re-size pictures for the review, but they still look huge. As soon as I get that figured out, we will be off and running with this report :)

And for a real life update, Cami will be getting a baby brother in mid-April!

Ahhhh a daughter and now a son what a blessing! Huge congratulations :) Almost 4 years between my two and they have been smitten with each other from day one :goodvibes:

I am still having issues with re-sizing pictures, so pictures are going to be bigger than I would like for the time being.

Our arrival day started bright and early when we arrived at the airport around 6:30 A.M. We quickly breezed through security and stopped at Starbucks on the way to our gate. Jesse enjoyed his usual, a white chocolate mocha and an iced lemon pound cake. I am fairly certain that I just had a caramel apple spice and a croissant. We got a croissant for Cami as well, which she enjoyed while watching the airplanes. Everything was perfectly average and what we are used to getting from Starbucks.

20151027_074725_zpszuxgjj1j.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We landed in Orlando a little bit after 11 and headed straight for the food court. We don't have Chick-Fil-A where we live, so that is a must do whenever we are down south. Jesse had a spicy chicken sandwich, Cami and I had chicken nuggets and we all split fries. I don't have pictures but it was delicious, as always.

As soon as we finished lunch we checked in for our Magical Express bus to Pop. This is the first time that we have waited in line as opposed to just boarding a bus. If I recall correctly, we waited for 30-40 minutes before being able to board. Thankfully by then there was a full enough bus to leave directly for AoA and Pop. While we were waiting, I received a text saying that our room was ready. In the past our room requests have never been automatically assigned, but they have always been available when I politely re-state my requests at check-in. So, I decided to stop at the desk when we arrived. I asked for a king bed (Cami refuses to sleep on her own in hotel rooms) in the 50's, 60's or 70's with absolutely no need for the room to be ready soon. We ended up being given a king room in the 80's section, facing the parking lot. It is by far my least favorite room that we have ever had on Disney property, but oh well. This was one of those trips where a lot of things just didn't go as we would like. Thankfully it was a good food trip!

We always spend our arrival day at Downtown Disney, so as soon as we were settled, we hopped a bus to Disney Springs. And for our first food stop, we stopped at...
20151027_145056_zpshznfcijb.jpg

We always go with the create your own treats. In particular, we LOVE the dipped pretzel rods. Unfortunately, since our last visit, they have done away with the pretzels :( Here is a picture of the create your own treat menu options as of 10/27/15
20151027_145334_zpsl0x3cc8r.jpg

We went with the Mickey Krispy, dipped in milk chocolate, coated in butterfinger and drizzled with dark chocolate. It is worth noting that they now only dip half of the treat. They used to fully immerse the treats in toppings. It was still delicious. These are huge and very sweet, so definitely shareable. It is also worth noting that these store and travel really well. On past trips we have brought them home for friends and family and they are still good a few days later.
20151027_145404_zpsegz69ad9.jpg

Once we finished our Mickey Krispy we headed out to do some window shopping in the rain before our dinner reservation at Raglan Road.

What in WDW has happened?!? No pretzels!!!! Only dipping half!!!! And, it looks like caramel drizzle is not an option either!!!!
Well, there is lots of outrage in my house, and I can't write what my 17-year-old just said...since this is such a horrible situation, she won't be punished of course ;)...we will just have to have caramel apples later this month.

like your line up of food places... When the grandkids were young ..we did mostly places where the food was a walk in and go and get what you want type of place...BUFFETS...thanks for your reviews so far..and congratulations on baby two

Looking good! Can't wait to read more! :)

Welcome!

What in WDW has happened?!? No pretzels!!!! Only dipping half!!!! And, it looks like caramel drizzle is not an option either!!!!
Well, there is lots of outrage in my house, and I can't write what my 17-year-old just said...since this is such a horrible situation, she won't be punished of course ;)...we will just have to have caramel apples later this month.

I know! It was very disappointing. The apples are actually my favorite, we had one later on in the trip.

like your line up of food places... When the grandkids were young ..we did mostly places where the food was a walk in and go and get what you want type of place...BUFFETS...thanks for your reviews so far..and congratulations on baby two

We really did eat at many great restaurants this trip. I wish that Cami behaved better in restaurants so that we could do more nice sit down meals. Unfortunately, I think we will stick to mainly buffets and restaurants with major kid appeal for now. One meal was stressful enough that Jesse threatened to not return to Disney World until Cami is older. Maybe baby number two will be laid back and will sit politely at restaurants...I can dream, right?

Hi Ally:wave:, your daughter is adorable and I am excited for all of your reviews! I hate the cut backs Disney makes from time to time, they seem so insignificant (on Disney's end of course, lol). Kudos for you recognizing your limitations as I failed horribly years back with my attempted PTR/TR. I am going to try a DR for my Nov 2016 trip and maybe (HUGE maybe) a quick PDR/PTR a few weeks prior. Good job thus far:goodvibes

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter