Still Feeding Nebo: The may trip final chapter pg 122, Dec. 31

Great installment. Love the pictures. You are getting so good at this--quoting and pictures--almost a computer nerd.
Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Did you find out some good scoop while in the World?
Keep this up and you may be done before the next trip.
Angela

What a treat, saturday night nebo update. Are you going to spoil us with updates 3 days a week. :thumbsup2 The pics are great. The beach looks beautiful. I suck my stomach in for pics, and try to lean forward and lift my chin up a bit so you don't see the extra chins. It's ok. Hope you had fun at karaoke.

I was very impessed by the beach, much bigger than I thought it would be.
And harder. At least when you get closer to the water, which was still a ways away. Like putting your towel down on concrete.

Ok, I guess it's time. Meet the Trippers.

My happy wife to be finally out of the car.

05-30-2007-01.jpg

Hey, I picked the car. She picked the color.

now they get scarier

05-30-2007-03.jpg

When she had first picked up the film, she was sitting on the couch looking at them by herself.
Then I heard her crack up.

"Oh brother. You look ridiculous sucking in your stomach."

"What?" "I never sucked in my stomach." "Your nuts."

"Here, the cellulite, I mean celluloid doesn't lie."

And she hands it to me.
Hmm. Looks like she may have a point there.

"I was just taking a nice , deep breath of that fresh, salty air, that's all."
"Right."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

05-30-2007-02.jpg

We lied there and just kind of looked around in silence for a long time.
It was so loud between the wind and the waves that it wasn't really easy to talk. Two beers , I mean two hours later, I noticed that it seemed to be getting louder. It happens so gradually that it takes awhile to notice.

05-30-2007-04.jpg

That's Diane in the center, way out there guys were actually surfing.
I kept looking for Moondoggie.

When we were back by our towels, I looked and saw a kid go by on a skateboard like he had a jetpack on. I couldn't believe it, he had to be doing about 35 miles an hour, I though it was a motorized skateboard on the hard packed sand down by the water.
Then another kid flew by.This time I saw the line from his back going up and it was a KITE! pulling him. It was that windy. I had to admit, I don't skateboard but that looked like fun.

Soon we figured we had enough sun for the first day and headed back to the entrance where this little building called THE Beachcomber was sitting.

Big mistake.

"OH honey, let's go in and check it out, just for one, ok?"
"I checked it out already, nothing special."
"When did you do that?"
"WHile you were changing."

"C'mon, park over there."

Over there turned out to be knee deep white fluffy sand. It was like trudging through a snow drift.

goodnight kids, gotta go meet her for karaoke.
Yes, you heard right. As you can tell by the photos I have no pride. bye:laughing: :beach:

Love Love Love the upclose pics! I won't say it..............:rolleyes1

2 hours and only 2 beers? Maybe that was a typo or something. Or you playing it safe with the vikes and all.

"This Old Spouse"..:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Not laughing at you, just with you! We spent this weekend having a garage sale with friends and complaining about how our legs and feet hurt after a day on the concrete, so I feel for you. I thought we were all still "young" 39(me), 41, 42, and 43, but not so....we went home after 2 beers and at 10:30 p.m!

I hope your back gets better as the trip progresses!

Hey Backstage Gal and Monymony;
It was bad enough that I had to post those pictures of myself the first time, but to make everyone have to look at them again is against the Geneva Convention, I think.

Whogirl'smom: re , garage sale; I'm surprised Diane didn't stop by, she just loves going to garage sales. Thanks for still reading

What a treat, saturday night nebo update. Are you going to spoil us with updates 3 days a week. :thumbsup2 The pics are great. The beach looks beautiful. I suck my stomach in for pics, and try to lean forward and lift my chin up a bit so you don't see the extra chins. It's ok. Hope you had fun at karaoke.

Hi Kathy, actually, karaoke was dissapointing at first. It was at a Moose Lodge that we hadn't been to in almost a year. For some reason it was crawling with kids. I don't mind kids, hey, I'm still one myself, just not at eleven at night. Want to hear my song list? Bet you haven't heard of hardly any of them, they're so old.
Wild One , by Bobby Rydell
North to Alaska- Johnny Horton
Rainy night in Georgia- Brook Benton
Teenage Idol-Ricky Nelson-Title should have been Middle-aged Moron.
Hooked on a Feeling- B.J. Thomas

Great installment. Love the pictures. You are getting so good at this--quoting and pictures--almost a computer nerd.
Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Did you find out some good scoop while in the World?
Keep this up and you may be done before the next trip.
Angela

Actually, there was a time when I was a puter nerd. Back in the early eighties. Diane too. After much anguish at times, we had DOS down to a T.
Even could do al little programming. In Basic.

Then they switched to Windows. Aargh!

BTW - what's an itzakadoozie? :confused3

Wow! Really? I thought everybody knew what that is. It's Disney'd version of a popsicle, swirly, with different flavors.
And I've never had one.

Did you guys get stuck? Don't leave me hangin' like this!:eek:

I'm afraid you will have to tune back in for the next exciting episode of "23".

Ummm....Steve?

I think you're mixed up. Those pictures appear to be from your February 1994 trip to the beach.

Which explains the mustache. Heh, heh.
)

I really didn't even know I had it until we got the film developed. Just woke up that morning and there it was.

Great update. Didn't know that you could drive on the beach in St. Augustine. Good information to store away for later.....

Since you didn't see moondoggie, did you at least get to see Gidget?

Hey who needs a Gidget when you have a "Smidgey?"

Monica, Thank you . I know it must have been tough not to stir up the pot again.:angel:

The only song I don't remember is "Wild One, :confused3 maybe if you sing a few lines, I might remember it.:banana: Anyway, keep going, don't keep us hanging too long. I really do hope your back held out. I do know all about back problems. Back in
'74/'75 when I was a freshman, almost broke it and have had problems ever since.
Connie

All caught up. Is this my first post here? maybe. I am such a lurker.

Nebo I have a horrible back. I know of this thing called the TENS. I'll take our friend Vic anyday over a TENS. But that's just me. 800mg of Ibu, you are clearly an old pro.

Those songs aren't all that old. Really. Because I know most of them and I am quiet young(ish).

Youhoo! You are half nakkie in almost all your pictures, not that I LOOK.:rolleyes1

HOW am I going to recognize you in September? You'll have to put a red carnation in your lapel or something like that. :idea:

Again, you're breaking my heart with all the chronic pain you are in. I'm SUCH a mom! Does hot tubbing help? I worry.

"this is the part I didn't tell smidgy about"
ok - he COULD'NT SEE(?!) going through the tunnel?:scared1: I'd rather not know that, dear! you know, when someone tells you something you really would rather not hear. and you put your fingers in your ears and go "LA LA LA"? like when my youngest son said to me when he was about 21 (he is now 25) "hey mom; remember the last time you took us to disney and I was 12 and todd was 15 and we each met a girl at the resort? and the girl I met was a 16 year old blonde from calif. and I told her I was 15? and we went for a walk? well, that was the first time I...... "LA LA LA double LA LA LA!" I never let him finish. (when your kids grow up don't ever have a few beers together and "talk" if they have "run of the mouth" disease) mom's don't want to know this stuff, Jeremy! to this day, I am SURE he was going to say "kissed a girl" or at the most "french kissed". yup, that's it, I'm sure of it.

"what about this "wife to be" thing? I thought you were already married a second time?" hubby just dangled his participle! It was "happy wife to be out of the car" should have been wife, happy to be out of the car. we are married happily since 2003, this time for good!! :love: (hmm, was that a freudian slip on his part?:confused: nah! ) tee hee. oh-oh, he HATES tee hee.

as far as karaoke last night, I sang :
these boots are made for walkin
hanky panky (madonna)
that's what I like about you(trisha yearwood)
but nebo is the singer in the family; he really sings good! one time we were watching a playoff game at the bar and he said "let's dance" me:"um, there's no music" him: "don't worry about it". we got up and danced while he sang "always and forever" and this during a PLAYOFF game!:woohoo: (not sure how happy all the OTHER Guys were about it!)

ps. lexmelinda - nebo LIES! I did not wave! I BEGGED him to pull over for you but.... the gas gauge wasn't approaching empty yet. we can't stop unless we need gas, that's the rule. I don't DARE take even a sip from a juice pak!:rotfl:

Nebo and Smidgy
Enjoying your report, Nebo you need a muscle relaxer not just a pain reliever. A muscle relaxer will relax the muscle faster and you will heal faster. My back nebo'd carrying groceries in the house last month.

Anyway, I am enjoying your TR and feeling your pain as you described it driving down to WDW.

I didn't know I live so close to you, maybe we need a DIS mini-meet in WI Dells. I read this little cut, about our wonderful tourist trap:

St. Auggie. Going through the town to get to A1A, I wasn't all that impressed, I don't think she was either. It reminded me of The Dells, in Wisconsin,

Your TR moderator
Ohmari

Great Pictures even if they were taken in 1994 :rotfl:
Just an observation:3dglasses I bet if Nebo got stuck in the sand I Know who had to push:rolleyes1

one time we were watching a playoff game at the bar and he said "let's dance" me:"um, there's no music" him: "don't worry about it". we got up and danced while he sang "always and forever" and this during a PLAYOFF game!:woohoo: (not sure how happy all the OTHER Guys were about it!)

That is Sooooooooo sweet!!:love: I would be on :cloud9:

Diane,
I hope you sing "these boots are made for walkin" before he sings "Hooked on a Feeling" to you?

Dancing to his own music - such a romantic...you better keep him on a tight leash or some of his adoring Dis'ers might come a knockin'! :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter