• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Still confused about CS Breakfast at Boardwalk Bakery

kathyg

DIS Veteran
Since the Boardwalk area has no CS options where one can get an "entree" (i.e. combo plate) as all the other resorts, what is a considered a CS Breakfast considered? I had been reading one sweet, one savory and one drink. Has this changed?

Also, a minor rant. Why are the Epcot resorts the only resorts that don't have quick service option like Mara or Gasparilla or Captain Cooks. Every other resort at Disney has this option. Geez...when will they ever change this? It's somewhat of a nuisance having to search out a quick, inexpensive breakfast if you don't want a donut or an egg wrap.

Anyway, thanks.

The only options in that area are Boardwalk Baker & BC Marketplace. At either it is 1 savory, 1 sweet + 2 drinks but neither offers a breakfast platter just sandwiches.

Came back to edit....BB it's 2 items + 2 drinks. BCM it's 1 item + 2 drinks

We just ate there 2 weeks ago (stayed at the BWV) and asked the CM what was allowed for breakfast. We were told 1 breakfast sandwich and 2 drinks. So we split the breakfast panini sandwich and got 2 OJ. (I thought it was 1 sandwich and 1 pastry so asked and was told NO, just one item at breakfast and one item at lunch. The only offerings for both were a sandwich). This is not a great option for CS credits. This is the only negative when staying at BW.

We just ate there 2 weeks ago (stayed at the BWV) and asked the CM what was allowed for breakfast. We were told 1 breakfast sandwich and 2 drinks. So we split the breakfast panini sandwich and got 2 OJ. (I thought it was 1 sandwich and 1 pastry so asked and was told NO, just one item at breakfast and one item at lunch. The only offerings for both were a sandwich). This is not a great option for CS credits. This is the only negative when staying at BW.

Lunch too? Boo!:mad:

Well, that's pretty stinky!!! You would think with no quick service places at BWV or BC, they would be more generous with their offerings and make them on par with other disney hotels. But I guess they figure they can get away with it because there is no competition in the area.

Also, doesn't the DDP state that dessert is included with a CS lunch? So how can they get away with not including it? Puzzling.....

The BW Bakery has ALWAYS allowed us a dessert when using a CS credit for lunch or dinner......

The BW Bakery has ALWAYS allowed us a dessert when using a CS credit for lunch or dinner......

What choices are there for dessert with lunch or dinner?

At BCMarketplace, dessert choices are extremely limited. Mickey bar, rice crispie treat or piece of fruit. No fruit cup, pastry, etc..

I thought so. n2mm...did you try more than once? Maybe the CM was misinformed.

We did ask on 2 different occassions and was told the same thing. I didn't ask just for breakfast, I asked the CM what was included when using our CS credits for either lunch or breakfast and was told one sandwich, 2 drinks. I too thought I read that a sweet was included, but she told us no. Of course anyone who eats there should always ask, because we know the rules change by the CM you speak to. Yes, we love to stay at BWV (3 trips there this year) and using the CS credit there is the only negative we have, but we can live with it. We actually were going to use our CS credit for breakfast at the Electric Umbrella (we had lots of extras to use), but thought since it was early we would use it at the bakery instead. I too would love to see a quick service location at the BW. I did mention it on the survey I had received when returning home.

N2mm, I know for sure, no sweet comes with breakfast, that is for all resorts, an I am assuming the parks also. For lunch, and dinner however the rule I know for sure does include the savory, and sweet. That cm misinformed you about lunch, and I am very sorry you experienced that.

Hint: If a cm tells you different, go to another checkout line, or ask someone else. That cm was misinformed:sad2:

What choices are there for dessert with lunch or dinner?

At BCMarketplace, dessert choices are extremely limited. Mickey bar, rice crispie treat or piece of fruit. No fruit cup, pastry, etc..

My favorite has always been the key lime tart & I usually get that, but we've gotten brownies, cupcakes, muffins.....We normally hit the bakery to use CS credits before the DME bus comes.

Thanks, Tink10. I wonder why the choices are so limited at the Marketplace. How are the sandwiches at the Bakery?

Yummy sandwiches!!

If I remember correctly, I believe that at the BC Marketplace, we were allowed to have gelato as dessert......

We used CS credits for lunch/dinner at the BW Bakery and the BC Market, in both places they included a HUGE sandwich, our choice of a desert item or fruit and a drink and at one place they served the sandwich with chips (not a seperate bag, just on the side with the sandwich...I think that was at the BC.

The sandwiches were awesome, as were the deserts, so we thought it was a great use of our CS credits.

Hi, Just to make it MORE confusing,we were TOLD at BCMarketplace 1CS included a sandwich,bag of chips,dessert(we had Chocolate Chip Cookies from the Bakery section) and a drink.We usually have a least one mug and I get ice tea in the mug and get a water for my drink to drink in the park or take back to the room! And GELATO is 1snack credit,but OHHH SO WORTH IT! ;) Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter