Steve

I’m having a hard time watching a lot of these more recent videos due to all the crap Steve has thrown at him from some of his co-vloggers. I just watched the ronto roasters review and it almost seems like some of the other DIS team go out of their way to disagree with Steve and then proceed to drill in the fact Steve is wrong, and that’s just the latest example. I’m pretty sure Craig and Ryno would say the sky is green is Steve told them it was blue. It’s fine to have disagreements and differing opinions, but it has been creating a lot of cringeworthy moments in some of these videos that can be very off putting.
You're NOT wrong.....but Steve is a quieter personality....who's surrounded by much stronger ones. But I agree....he just needs to be more assertive.

The group was getting quite punchy after spending all that time together at Galaxy’s Edge. And I agree the Craig sometimes seems to put others down, like he knows it all and his opinion is more valid than others’. He does that to Ryno, also, so I am disappointed that Ryno is jumping on that bandwagon.

If you go back to back when Ryno was first new-ish, Dustin and Craig did the same thing to Ryno :D
I think Rynos just been there long enough, they pass it onto Steve.

Nor would he leave and come back, which is exactly what he died after he got married. He relocated to where Makayla was living, and then they both relocated to Orlando down the track.

I didn't die after I got married, but my bank account sure did...... *ba dum tss* :rotfl2:

I agree with OP on this. I've had similar feelings about the team at various points. It is hard to watch such a nice person get piled on unfairly.

FWIW, I had a Ronto Wrap on Sunday and it may have been the best thing I've ever eaten at Disneyland. It was plenty juicy...was actually dripping sauce/juice all over and our breads were all soft and warm, and just perfect. That doesn't mean the one they had on the vlog was the same. I think this is naan bread, not pitas...there was no pocket and it was soft and fluffy like the Stonefire brand naan bread I eat at home all the time. Sometimes this kind of bread can get dry and hard if it is kept out too long and they do keep these under warming lamps, so they may have gotten a dry one.

Steve's a big boy, if he's annoyed I'm sure he'll let the staff know.

Do you want a podcast where everyone is happy happy and positive every waking moment? I'm sure there's a Sesame Street or Barney podcast somewhere out there with that kind of thing...

Disagreements, candid opinions, views, etc. are what the DIS has been built on from the beginning. It's a "roundtable discussion of unbiased and honest look at every aspect of Disney". That's why it's an interesting podcast and why it's garnered such a wonderful (most of the time) fanbase.

That being said, I'm headed back to continuing my Haunted Mansion puzzle. Has anyone got the latest 1000 piece HM puzzle from parks? It's DAMN hard! So many blank black pieces. But I know it's going to look "delightfully unlivable-y" beautiful when it's finished!

:)
i loved the puzzle! My husband and son went to Disney Springs last October to get it for me!

I would prefer to watch a group of differing opinions about things than what would amount to a bunch of "Yes Men/Women" who agree with one another just for agreements sake. Everyone has their own opinion and that is a good thing. When we went to Hoop-de-doo last year, I would have had no idea to ask for the Mac-N-Cheese if Steve hadn't of mentioned it and it was excellent!

I really don’t think I am, I think a lot of you are willfully ignoring the way he’s been talked to (or about) in past videos.

I’ve heard the ribbing between friends that accounts for 90% of the jabs on this channel, which is all in good fun and makes for entertaining banter, but if you listen to the way Ryno and Craig speak to Steve on a regular basis it goes beyond friendly teasing.

Either way, I am glad Pete showed him respect this week on today’s WDW discussion. Ryno was still going out of his way to take jabs at him when he wasn’t even talking, but props to Pete.

Also, he’s still with the company because he loves what he does and that is why he makes a strong contributor. What I am saying probably isn’t going a long way, considering how obvious it is so many of you have no problem looking the other way, but I hope he sees this and realizes not everything he says needs to be aggressively shot down or disagreed with :)

I think you are...do you not have friends who kid around and rib on you? The team is comprised of young men, and yes that’s what young men do.

Again, if Steve were upset he would leave the company. He's a big boy. I don't think it's necessary or appropriate to speculate that he's being mistreated.

Last edited:
For a lot of you dismissing the negativity in the prior videos as “boys will be boys” I just want to say you probably never got the blunt end of it as a kid, but it’s easy to recognize as an adult when you’ve been through it :) there are friends poking fun at friends, and there is purposeful making fun of.

Either way, I want to shoot a huge COMPLIMENT to the team for their last couple weeks worth of videos. The team dynamic seems stronger and the latest 626 video with Ryno and Steve felt like the two were truly a team. Thank you DIS :)

Last edited:
I think it is just good natured ribbing and I think Steve even plays it up some times. I'm not sure where I heard it and feel like it may have been one of Pete's Solo Shows, which if you're not a Patreon supporter I highly recommend joining, because they really have been pumping out content for it and Pete's show really gives you a different perspective on what it takes for them to make all this content for us. Anyway one episode Pete was really singing Steve's praises about all the ideas he comes up with and how great they are so I don't think Steve is under appreciated at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter