StephenWolfs' Wishes Wedding Planning Journal!

goodmorningirl

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone. I am so happy and excited to finally be starting my planning journal for my upcoming Disney wedding. It has been a long time in the waiting and I can’t believe it is all actually happening! I have been lurking these boards for a years now and I am thrilled to begin my planning and asking questions as a future Disney bride.

I have done a few trip reports which are linked in my signature, but I’ll provide our love story here for you all to enjoy.

My fiancé, Cory, and I met in freshman year of high school. We both were accepted into a newish charter school in our county and went. On the first day of school I remember seeing him sitting a few seats from me and thinking he was sooo cute. I was never really a girl to have crushes or anything, I never had a boyfriend before, in fact, I was more of a tomboy. Well a few days went by and we started to become friends. By this time, I had an enormous crush on him and knew I wanted to date him. I was completely infatuated. At that time AIM was really big and we started talking on there, becoming really good friends. I think this was really important, us becoming friends first. He is completely my best friend and I am his which I really treasure.

Well, it ends up Cory also caught the attention of all of the other girls and everyone had a crush on him. Just my luck. Having little self esteem I was sure all hope was lost. But, we started spending more time together after school and finally, on Feb. 29th, leap year, Cory asked me out over AIM. How modern of him. I very happily answered yes, as much as you can over the internet, and the rest is history.

We’ve been together now for 7.5 years without ever breaking up or taking a break. We were each others first kiss and I can’t imagine my life without him. I have always loved Disney and I feel like I have found my fairytale.

From Sophomore year of high school
Picture061.jpg

Junior year of high school on a trip to Las Vegas with my family. Cory took me for dinner at Paris.
LasVegas171.jpg

I appreciate anyone reading this and soon I will repost our engagement story here so everything is in one place.

I hope you all enjoy.

Yay more high school sweethearts:banana::banana:

My fiancé and I got together my junior year. This October will be our 9th year together. Congrats, and look forward to reading your PJ. Check out ours as well:thumbsup2

Yay!! My first reader and high school sweethearts too!! So happy you are reading and I'm heading over to yours now :)

I love your story!! DFi and I are high school sweethearts too. We'll be together 7 years the day of our wedding without ever breaking up or taking a break either! Finally, DFi asked me to prom via AIM. Love our modern boys! ;)

Can't wait to read more!!

MrsDuck--That is awesome! I love hearing from other high school sweethearts. We have heard sooo many times how we wouldn't last because we met so young. People are so wrong and negative. Anyway, love how he asked you to prom on AIM. So technologically savvy they are. Thanks for joining in :)

Congratulations and welcome!!
What an adorable couple you are!!!
Looking forward to following along with your plans!!

Thank you so much LittleKittyMarie and tinkerbell 766. You are both so sweet. :)

Just yesterday I had a bit :rolleyes1 of a breakdown. As Cory and I were looking over the potential cost of the wedding, the money became very real. We were shocked to see that doing the wedding we had planned would actually be double what we have budgeted for :scared1:. Being the practical one, Cory said that having a Disney wedding would just not be possible. Cue the exuberant amount of tears that I could just not control. Getting married in Disney World has been my dream since I was probably seven years old.

So, I called my parents who are helping us and my father said I needed to look into weddings in NJ to compare the costs. Well, they are around the same price as Disney. Living in a metropolitan area does not help costs for weddings at all.

So after talking to my parents, we have figured it out and we can still have our wedding in Disney! :banana: I cannot explain just how incredibly thankful I am to my parents for making this possible for Cory and I :lovestruc. Now, I feel like I can continue my journal. :)

Up later is our engagement story. :cutie:

And now on to our engagement story :lovestruc

Warning: This is very long and detailed which is how I like things, but not everyone likes a long-winded story. Just remember, I warned you. :laughing:

Being together for 7 years, we have talked about marriage a lot, mostly me, but really both of us. Yes, we are young in the number of our age, but we are both very mature in knowing what we want for our lives. We have always promised each other from the time we started dating way back in 2003 that if we didn't believe that marriage was in the future for us, we wouldn't stay together. Never having other boyfriends or girlfriends, we weren't looking for ************* and neither of us believed in wasting each others time.

I knew that with college graduation looming and our planned 21 day graduation trip to Europe in May, it might happen soon. I was really, really hoping he would do it somewhere in Europe as I have always wanted to be proposed to in a magical, special spot. In the days leading up to our trip, I told myself not to think about getting engaged as I didn't want to be disappointed. I also didn't want to cloud my head with those thoughts, I just wanted to make sure I enjoyed the amazing trip I had planned for the two of us.

Our trip encompassed Ireland, England, and Paris (including Disneyland Paris). We flew into Ireland first and drove to Clifden. We spent three days there and then drove down to Liscannor near the Cliffs of Mohr. So on our fourth day in Ireland, we woke up and decided to go to the Cliffs early in the morning. I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but when I woke up, I could remember the dream I had just had. I dreamed that we went to the Cliffs of Mohr and that Cory proposed. I didn't tell him when I woke up because I didn't want to annoy him with more engagement talk. But, I just had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that something special was going to happen. So, I did my hair and even put on makeup. I am not a big makeup person and I usually only wear it if something special is going on.

So, we went to the Cliffs and I was really, really foggy. It was really hard to see the Cliffs at all. The fog would break every once in a while and we could finally see some of the Cliffs but it was just disappointing. Cory said we should just come back later and hopefully the fog would be gone.

We went towards the Burren Bird of Prey Center which was about 20 mins away. For Christmas, I gave Cory a hawk walk at this bird center. So, we went and saw an awesome demonstration and then Cory got to fly a hawk, calling it back to him and everything.

IrelandDayThreeFourandFive134.jpg

IrelandDayThreeFourandFive149.jpg

IrelandDayThreeFourandFive153.jpg

It was really amazing and he absolutely loved it.

After that, we went back to the Cliffs of Mohr and though it was really windy, the fog had cleared and we could see the Cliffs. It is really hard to explain how amazing they are without seeing them in person. They are truly breathtaking.

We went along the one wall and I said we should have someone take our picture. Cory agreed and put his arm around me. After the man took our picture we turned back to look towards the Cliffs.

IrelandDayThreeFourandFive165.jpg

The picture before we were engaged. You can see the grassy ledge he dropped it on while his hand was behind me. Crazy.

It was then that I saw a box sitting on the ledge of this wall. Now, let me tell you, this ledge was not large at all. I was genuinely confused and asked him what it was. I thought someone forgot it there. He told me to open it and when I did, sitting in this grass was my beautiful sapphire ring. He then asked me to marry him, without getting down on one knee which was completely him and fine to me. I started crying, he even teared up, and I of course said yes! I was shaking so much and we were both so happy.

IrelandDayThreeFourandFive174-1.jpg

IrelandDayThreeFourandFive177.jpg

IrelandDayThreeFourandFive192.jpg

IrelandDayThreeFourandFive188.jpg

So that is our story in a very big nutshell. :love:

That was such a sweet proposal story! And your ring is beautiful, I love blue gemstone engagement rings! I'm glad you were able to work out a way to still have a Disney wedding with your DF and family... it's pretty incredible how expensive weddings are, but Disney seems to offer some lovely options for comparable costs, which is pretty amazing.

Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks for the kind words once again from everyone. You are all so sweet :hug:

I thought I would post the cards I made to ask my friends to be my bridesmaids. I haven't sent them out yet, but I have made my final decision and I'll have seven bridesmaids in total. I know it may be a lot, but they are all very important to me and two of them are my younger cousins who will be 12 and 13 at the wedding. Cory doesn't understand the need of groomsmen or bridesmaids, but he's picked seven guys also.

These are four of the cards I made. I am a total dork and LOVE to color. So I colored each of the princesses on the front and then pasted them on. Inside I wrote that I know it is two years away, but they are very special to me and I would be honored if they would be one of my bridesmaids.

DSCF7982.jpg

I'm really happy with how they came out. I also wanted to give them something Disney with the cards. I went into the Disney Store the other day, but I couldn't really find anything. I also have a very low budget which always makes it hard. Did you all do something like this?? Do you have any suggestions of what would be cute and inexpensive to give them? Three of the bridesmaids are over 30, two are 22, and two are 10 and 11. Any help would be appreciated. And let me know what you think of the cards :)

I've always found that the best way to do gifts for a group of people is to buy a few things that come in sets and split them up. That way everyone gets a similar thing but could be more personalized. For example, Bath & Body Works runs a lot of specials like buy 3 get 1 free signature items, so you could get a few things. Maybe you could find some pens at the Disney Store, maybe a Vinylmation you could personalize?

Loving the proposal story!! Looks like typical Irish weather :sad2:!!
I think you made a wonderful job of the bridesmaid cards!!

Okay, serious crisis! After seeing the Disney Designer Princess mugs in the Disney Store, I decided I wanted to get one for each of my bridesmaids. I grabbed the only two they had and they haven't received anymore yet. I've looked online and called around to probably ten stores in both my area and my parents and they are completely sold out. I don't know what to do, any ideas on where to get them? Ebay has them but people are charging crazy prices. I just had to vent as I'm feeling a little sad about this. :(

I can't believe they've sold out of all those mugs! Which ones did you manage to get? I bought a couple and was hoping to go back and get a few more... but if they're all gone now... that's so surprising. This designer collection has surely picked up speed and popularity. I'll let you know if I see any online places selling them for a reasonable price (saw some on ebay, and yikes are those being priced up). Sending pixie dust that you're able to find some!

I've also seen some people give the designer princess nail polish out to their BMs, and was even thinking of doing this myself... have you considered that? Although, I wonder if those are also sold out now too. Hmm.

Hi Nicole. I'm so shocked that the popularity picked up so fast! I managed to get Mulan, Belle, and I just picked up the last two mugs in my store today, two Cinderellas. I appreciate you keeping your eye out and sending pixie dust. Ebay is crazy! I was lucky in the store I was able to get each for $7 with the 2 for $14 special on mugs. My mom told me I should just suck it up and get the ones I need from Ebay for a little more since I already saved $3.50 on each mug.

I actually picked up the nail polishes, they are soo cute! I'm thinking of putting the corresponding princess nail polish in each of the mugs and keeping the remaining ones for myself :)

I'll check at the store down here. I probably won't be able to get there until Tuesday but I'll let you know what I find!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter