Staying at DLP - Best way to travel into Paris and back?

ShawnDadof8

Earning My Ears
DVC Silver
We (my wife and I) will be traveling to DLP at the end of September. Staying 6 nights at Sequoia Lodge, but only spending 2-3 days at the parks. Looking to go into Paris for the other 3 days. If you've done this, what do you suggest? Booking tours through Disney? Booking outside group tours? Taking a cab? Taking the train/tube into the city? Any advice is much appreciated!

I’ve done the reverse a few times, ie in Paris and went to DLP. We took the RER A which connects to the Metro. You can get anywhere in Paris on this with a short walk when you reach the nearest Metro stop. Use Google Maps or another map service to plan out your route. Don’t take a cab from DLP! Too much traffic to be time effective. Get a Rick Steves book to help you navigate Paris and decide what you want to see.

Last edited:
The RER is the fastest (traffic can be mad in Paris) and probably more convenient. But if anyone in your group has mobility issues, then some of the metroʻ stations are not accessible, with only steps in and out. In that case you have to plan the trip in details.

Was there just a week ago. RER train is the best way. A 5 Euro ticket will get you into city center and you can change to the subway (tube), tram or bus for the remainder of your inner city journey using the same ticket. Do the reverse to return to DLP. Taxi will run 60-70 euros depending on your destination. Advice on stairs is valid - lots of walking involved. Recommend the Bonjour RATP app which will tell you arrival times, stations, etc, along with maps, to help you plan your trip.

We took the RER and got off near Notre Dame then used the hop-on-hop-off boat down the river, was great for the key tourist sites

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter