Stayed at an SSR refurbed room!

disneyfan2kids

DisneyFan3Kids now, but I can't change my name.
Stayed at SSR last week with a Congress Park request (studio) and got a refurbed room! LOTS of construction going on there. We were room 1101 the very first corner room closest to the Springs Boat landing for POR. Bottom floor. Room is amazingly nice and seems MUCH larger now with some decent design changes helping to make things seem bigger. The theming is next to null though - It looks like a nice Marriott room/etc. Not much "disney" in there - albeit it is really nice! Only complaint was housekeeping emptied our trash one day and didn't leave or replace any trash bags. And due to construction we could never find a housekeeper to ask for more. We didn't want to put trash in a bin with no bag (it was food/liquids/etc) so we kept piling it in the sink until we could bring it to larger trash cans out front of room near bus depot. Pain in the butt. Happy to answer any questions!

Nice!!! Good to know that guests are now starting to stay in them.

Only complaint was housekeeping emptied our trash one day and didn't leave or replace any trash bags. And due to construction we could never find a housekeeper to ask for more. We didn't want to put trash in a bin with no bag (it was food/liquids/etc) so we kept piling it in the sink until we could bring it to larger trash cans out front of room near bus depot. Pain in the butt. Happy to answer any questions!
You should have called housekeeping using the in room phone so they could have brought you some.

You should have called housekeeping using the in room phone so they could have brought you some.
We were convinced we'd "see" someone to ask so we never called, LOL. We always see housekeeping multiple times per day - by the time we realized it wasn't going to happen in person - it was the day we left - and we just dealt with it. But yes, we probably should have called.

Does the Studio have the new pull down bed/sofa AND the kids sized pulldown bed like the 1 BR has? And is there any dressers or do you need to live out of your suitcase?

Does the Studio have the new pull down bed/sofa AND the kids sized pulldown bed like the 1 BR has? And is there any dressers or do you need to live out of your suitcase?
Yes the pull down bed is great - a real mattress and much more space in there new design. NO pull down bed for 5th person.

The dresser under the TV had 6 full sized drawers. More space then I can ever remember before for unpacking.

Hi - was the couch comfy? I have seen people asking about about how the pull down bed is, but is the couch itself comfy to sit on as a couch? Wondering because it looks super stiff in pics.

Hi - was the couch comfy? I have seen people asking about about how the pull down bed is, but is the couch itself comfy to sit on as a couch? Wondering because it looks super stiff in pics.
Yes, it was comfortable. Not stiff like it looks :-)

No chairs. Coffee table converts to a table. You would sit on the sofa.

Studio balcony has two chairs and a small side table.

I think it would be better with more color. It just seems rather drab to me. I'm sure it's nice but I like a little more color. JMHO

I think it would be better with more color. It just seems rather drab to me. I'm sure it's nice but I like a little more color. JMHO
It is drab, you're right. Dont get me wrong its aesthetically beautiful - just lacks theming and character and "color" that seems more "Disney" to me. This looks more like a high end hotel room that you'd find in most major cities.

No chairs. Coffee table converts to a table. You would sit on the sofa.

Studio balcony has two chairs and a small side table.

They removed the table and chairs and replaced it with a bench. :sad2: I really wish they would keep amenities and basic furniture the same during these remodels. We use the tables all the time and it's the biggest grip with the studios at BWV, BCV and BRV now since they did that pull out on the under TV murphy bed setup.

They removed the table and chairs and replaced it with a bench. :sad2: I really wish they would keep amenities and basic furniture the same during these remodels. We use the tables all the time and it's the biggest grip with the studios at BWV, BCV and BRV now since they did that pull out on the under TV murphy bed setup.
I don't like the BWV Murphy / table combo either. Table is unusable if someone is watching TV. SSR arrangement is much better than that. Wish BWV rehab hadn't added the Murphy bed at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!