Staycation cruises

Bookings now appear to be open but not online, you need to call up. Was interested to see the price but I cant be bothered with the hassle of calling them up. No idea why they haven't bothered to allow online checking and booking.

I can’t see anywhere that says booking by phone, when I look it still says check back soon

Does anybody know when in April we can see prices ?

Nope but I would assume soon as most other lines have already started sales for these.

I'm very excited by this and will be booking as long as prices are at all reasonable. I'm hoping they run them into the late summer / early autumn, too. It would be great to be able to go once school is back for most kids (2 adults here).

It looks like they are through August at least as the Magic August cruises have now been cancelled.

Bookings now appear to be open but not online, you need to call up. Was interested to see the price but I cant be bothered with the hassle of calling them up. No idea why they haven't bothered to allow online checking and booking.

Not sure where you are seeing this but there is no sign that bookings are open. The website has a page mentioning them but there is nothing that shows how to book and you can't book over the phone at the moment either.

As Boris didn't really give an update on holidays/travel on Monday, I wonder if they'll put off releasing any information now until next month when he's said it'll be discussed then as this is what they were originally waiting for - for update

As Boris didn't really give an update on holidays/travel on Monday, I wonder if they'll put off releasing any information now until next month when he's said it'll be discussed then as this is what they were originally waiting for - for update

I doubt it. Most other lines have already released info and gone on sale. They will want to maximise the time they have to sell and therefore they are more likely to bring out sooner rather than later. If they are aiming for July waiting until May to release would be a bit close I feel

As Boris didn't really give an update on holidays/travel on Monday
I think I saw something about this Monday gone was about the current England restrictions/roadmaps and they would give a foreign travel update next Monday, 12th.

They will want to maximise the time they have to sell
In cynical mode, I'm pretty sure travel companies will take any and all the deposits they can regardless. Even if they end up returning them they will still have had the use of the money for a few weeks/months which will have helped their cashflow.

Ah so yes see what you are saying but no one has been able to actually book anything even by ringing that number. They aren't officially selling them so I think this is a glitch

Agreed, pretty poor communication really. I still have flights for WDW for October but its very much touch and go IMO. The cruise would be a nice option if we can't travel but spending around 4 grand or whatever for a couple of nights floating round the UK is maybe a bit extreme for the sake of getting a short break. 🤷‍♂️

Agreed, pretty poor communication really. I still have flights for WDW for October but its very much touch and go IMO. The cruise would be a nice option if we can't travel but spending around 4 grand or whatever for a couple of nights floating round the UK is maybe a bit extreme for the sake of getting a short break. 🤷‍♂️

I keep laughing at my family as two years ago they would have been like "we can go to Disney for that" and now they are like "well maybe we should" just because they are all fed up not being able to travel.

New Disney Magic at Sea Itineraries and Departure Dates

Advance Booking for Castaway Club Members
If you’re currently a Platinum, Gold or Silver Castaway Club member, take advantage of the opportunity to book our new UK staycation sailings before they go on sale to the general public on 19th April 2021. Book by phone during a designated window.

When to Book
  • 14th April 2021: Platinum Members (By Phone Only)
  • 15th April 2021: Platinum and Gold Members (By Phone Only)
  • 16th April 2021: Platinum, Gold and Silver Members (By Phone Only)
  • 19th April 2021: All Guests (By Phone and Online)
How to Book
  • By Phone: Call 0800 171 2317 starting at 9:00 AM (BST) to book—or contact your travel agent.
Advance Booking for Select Disney Guests
If you’re currently a Disney Vacation Club Member, an Adventures by Disney Insider or a Golden Oak Club Member, you’re invited to enjoy the exclusive opportunity to book our new cruises before they go on sale to the general public on 19th April 2021.

When to Book
  • 14th April 2021: Golden Oak Club Members (By Phone Only starting at 9:00 AM BST)
  • 16th April 2021: Disney Vacation Club Members and Adventures by Disney Insiders (By Phone Only starting at 9:00 AM BST)
How to Book
  • Golden Oak Club Members: contact Golden Oak Club Member Services
  • Disney Vacation Club Members: to book with Reservation Points, call Member Services at 0800 783 2893; to make a cash-only booking, call Disney Cruise Line at (866) 325-6348 —or contact your travel agent
  • Adventures by Disney Insiders: Call (888) 272-0644 —or contact your travel agent
The cruises are from June 11 to September 1 and are round trips from each port.
The ship will reposition between ports with no passengers.
The cruises seem to follow the pre Covid schedule of all aboard in the afternoon and all ashore after breakfast
In total there are 30 passenger cruises with 3 reposition sailings with no passengers.
  1. 11th June, 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Tilbury
  2. 14th June, 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Tilbury
  3. 16th June, 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Tilbury
  4. 18th June 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Tilbury
  5. 21st June, 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Tilbury
  6. 23rd June 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Tilbury
  7. 25th June 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Tilbury
  8. Reposition With No Passengers on June 28
  9. 29th June 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Newcastle
  10. 2nd July 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Newcastle
  11. 5th July, 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Newcastle
  12. 7th July, 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Newcastle,
  13. 9th July -Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Newcastle
  14. Reposition With No Passengers on July 11
  15. 13th July, 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool
  16. 15th July,3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool
  17. 18th July 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool
  18. 20th July3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool
  19. 23rd July 4-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool
  20. 27th July, 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool
  21. 30th July3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool
  22. Reposition With No Passengers on August 2
  23. 4th August, 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
  24. 6th August 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
  25. 9th August -Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
  26. 13th August,3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
  27. 16th August, 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
  28. 18th August, 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
  29. 20th August, 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
  30. 23rd August 4-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
  31. 27th3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
  32. 30th August, 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
  33. 1st September 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
I'm seeing rumors that vaccinations may not be required, back to back sailings may be possible, private PCR test will be required 5 days to 24 hours pre departure, plus a rapid flow on arrival at the port terminal. Rapid flow testing will be available on board. Inside staterooms will be on sale but they will be spaced out.
Again these are not confirmed or official, just what some travel agents are saying online.

Also just so you know Dreams Unlimited can book these cruises, I checked with my agent. They give an onboard credit which is % of your cruise cost , which UK High Street Travel Agents don't.

Disney Cruise Line does not put the prices on the website during advance booking for Castaway Club members.
Prices will go online the website on General Booking Day on Monday 19 April

Just so people know, according the DCL website, the cancellation terms are
Cruises 1 to 5 Nights (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)
  • 89-45 Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = Deposit Per Guest
  • 44-30 Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = 50% of vacation price per Guest
  • 29-15 Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = 75% of vacation price per Guest
  • 14 days or less Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = 100% of vacation price per Guest
HOWEVER, before my September 2021 cruise was cancelled, DCL sent me an email with details of their temporary cruise cancellation fees

We are temporarily relaxing our cruise cancellation fee schedule for sailings through September 30, 2021, as described below.
Cruises 1 to 5 Nights (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)
  • 60 or more Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date No fee
  • 59-45 Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = Deposit per Guest
  • 44-30 Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = 50% of vacation price per Guest
  • 29-15 Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = 75% of vacation price per Guest
  • 14 or less Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = 100% of vacation price per Guest
Also people need to be aware that most likely for these sailings payment is likely to be upfront, as in the same email , this is what they said about final payments

For sailings through September 30, 2021, we are temporarily extending final payment until 60 days prior to sailing for Guests booked in unrestricted stateroom categories.

60 Days from April 19 is June 18

They aren’t doing free cancellation with a positive Covid test??

They aren’t doing free cancellation with a positive Covid test??

The cancellation policy I posted above is for cancellations due to non Covid reasons.
The "what happens if I test positive for Covid 19 14 days before my cruise departure date" question is covered by
Disney Cruise Line Flexible Refund Policy

Flexible Refund Policy
  • Within 14 days prior to embarkation, Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios may change their sail date, under the following terms:
    • Guests who wish to change their sail date must move the sail date to a future sailing that commences prior to September 30, 2022.
    • Guests cannot change their reservation back to the original sail date after taking advantage of this policy.
  • Qualifying scenarios include Guests who:
    • Have symptoms of COVID-19
    • Have a temperature of 100.4°F or greater
    • Have had known exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
    • Have tested positive for COVID-19
  • Guests who do not wish to select a new sail date will be provided a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees in their original form of payment.
  • Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios on the day of embarkation will not be able to sail and will receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees.

I made a guess based on Bahamas cruise and only selling balcony rooms (what other cruiselines have done). This makes it around the £1000 for 4 nights per person mark and I have a feeling that might well be the price. Obvs there aren't any stops so no port taxes but even so I feel its going to be hefty.

Just for people's information I just booked a balcony cabin with MSC for a family of 4 (although infant was free) for £1500 for 3 nights that same trip is over £2,000 now (just did a dummy booking)

Usually Disney is much more expensive than MSC but it might be skewed slightly as MSC are sailing there brand new ship Virtuosa.

My guess is for a balcony suite is 2 - 2.5k for 3 night and 2.5-3k for 4 night

I'm not too sure for 2 nighters as I'm not sure people will be as interested in spending a fortune to go on a ship for a day and a half. I'm wondering if there will be a slightly lower pp for the 2 night.

Virgin are 18+ only aren’t they?
That is so for the 6 (I think) planned trips. Though TBH from what I remember without going back and digging I think the vaccination requirements would make it unlikely anyone under about 40 would get on because of the timings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter