Starting today - more resort TV Channels

I didn't know about this until I started checking out old threads (can't sleep) so did the extra channels ever get added? Thanks

I saw this thread a month ago and was thrilled to finally be getting some TV channels to watch....but alas at SSR now and nothing new that I can tell . At least not on my TV. :sad1:

We just left AKV and no new channels...I was really bummed.....we love Disney, but when it is time to wind down, my kids get sick of ONLY disney channels...hopefully by next visit......

I'll be able to watch "Iron chef America' on The Cooking channel at VWL now :cool1:

I'll be able to watch "Iron chef America' on The Cooking channel at VWL now :cool1:

Yes, I too am so psyched about being able to watch my cooking shows, but alas no word of the change actually happening. Any updates?

Here is the implementation schedule from another thread.

Finally!!! This was posted in DISinfo board:

Guest rooms at Walt Disney World resorts will soon have several new cable TV channels to choose from. The resorts will start adding the channels March 13 and will have completed the switch at all resorts by May 8. Some of the new channels will include TV Land, Food Network, TLC, Fox News, Bravo, WE TV, Travel Channel, TBS, TNT, National Geographic and Discovery.

On the day each resort gets the upgrade, the cable will be out for 10-20 minutes from 10 am - 3 pm, then will return to normal. The channel selections are available on Channel 17.

The schedule for the installation is:
March 13 - Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter
March 15 - Old Key West
March 20 - Caribbean Beach
March 22 - Pop Century and Art of Animation
April 3 - Saratoga Springs
April 5 - Coronado Springs
April 10 - All-Star Resorts
April 12 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/AKV
April 17 - Yacht and Beach Clubs/BCV
April 19 - BoardWalk Inn/BWV
April 24 - Contemporary Resort/BLT

April 26 - Polynesian Resort
May 1 - Grand Floridian
May 3 - Wilderness Lodge/VWL
May 8 - Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground

:earsboy: Bill

Yes, I too am so psyched about being able to watch my cooking shows, but alas no word of the change actually happening. Any updates?

I arrive at BWV next Sunday so will see then.... I posted earlier in this thread that when I was at OKW in January, there was a leaflet in the villa announcing the new channels and warning residents that the signal might be off for a bit while the change was made...

So my question is... what the heck happened????? :confused3

Guest rooms at Walt Disney World resorts will soon have several new cable TV channels to choose from. The resorts will start adding the channels March 13 and will have completed the switch at all resorts by May 8. Some of the new channels will include TV Land, Food Network, TLC, Fox News, Bravo, WE TV, Travel Channel, TBS, TNT, National Geographic and Discovery.

On the day each resort gets the upgrade, the cable will be out for 10-20 minutes from 10 am - 3 pm, then will return to normal. The channel selections are available on Channel 17.

March 15 - Old Key West

May 1 - Grand Floridian

Thanks for the update Bill! Still my question remains... why did they distribute leaflets in January when the roll out is in the spring!!:rolleyes1

Thanks for the update Bill! Still my question remains... why did they distribute leaflets in January when the roll out is in the spring!!:rolleyes1

"Stuff" Happens! :goodvibes

My guess is that they ran into technical or contractual problems at the last minute. I would rather that they take their time and get it right.

Thanks for the information, Bill. I posted your information on the Rumors and News board......not as a "rumor," but "news." Thanks, again.

March 15 - Old Key West

May 1 - Grand Floridian

"Stuff" Happens! :goodvibes

My guess is that they ran into technical or contractual problems at the last minute. I would rather that they take their time and get it right.

You're right, of course. Don't mind me, I'm just annoyed the system won't be switched over when I arrive at BWV next Sunday! :lmao:

Yay, thanks so much for the info. So now I know I can watch "Chopped" and my "Republican Propoganda" (also called "The O'Reilly Factor") in April at OKW.

My daughters and I were there for our first DVC trip last week. The station selection was horrible. Glad to hear they are improving it.

We will be at OKW on Mar. 15 so I will try to remember to post the results that day. Thanks, Bill!

facebook twitter