Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning to be at Galaxy's Edge on opening day? Discuss how you plan to get around the crowds and how early you plan to be in line to get inside the most anticipated land ever built!

Disneyland set to open in June 2019

Hollywood Studios in Fall 2019
Is a DL May 31st 2019 thread been dedicated for Disneyland SWGE? ...nevermind. Found it.

Last edited:
Fingers are crossed that Rise of the Resistance will be up and running by the time we're there middle of September!

We are planning a trip for late October, in part to spend a day at Universal (Potter) and to visit KSC in honor of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. I’ll have to see how things unfold to see if I’m willing to brave the crowds to see GE.

Related to the thread last week about crazy rope drops, I hope they can come up with a better, fairer, safer way to allow people who get to the park first to enter GE first. I will be in the lookout for special events.

I had already booked Sept 3rd for a week a few weeks ago. Now I get to be there live not even a week after SW opening. This...will be interesting.

We are already booked for 8/10 until 9/22, mostly for F&W. This is an unexpected bonus! We were planning on coming back in January, which we probably will still do.

Fingers are crossed that Rise of the Resistance will be up and running by the time we're there middle of September!
Same.
We are planning a trip for late October, in part to spend a day at Universal (Potter) and to visit KSC in honor of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. I’ll have to see how things unfold to see if I’m willing to brave the crowds to see GE.

Related to the thread last week about crazy rope drops, I hope they can come up with a better, fairer, safer way to allow people who get to the park first to enter GE first. I will be in the lookout for special events.
We planned on a day at Universal for the Sept trip as well. It may be a nice break from the craziness, eh?

I’m so... stressed (?) about this. We’ll be there from 8/26-9/1 and while I’m excited to be in WDW for the opening it happens to be the EXACT day we had planned our HS day. :-( I know we could switch our day, but there are people in our group who have really been looking forward to the new land. :-/ it’s going to be absolute madness

I’m so... stressed (?) about this. We’ll be there from 8/26-9/1 and while I’m excited to be in WDW for the opening it happens to be the EXACT day we had planned our HS day. :-( I know we could switch our day, but there are people in our group who have really been looking forward to the new land. :-/ it’s going to be absolute madness

Embrace it! ;)

Somebody help me please! My family has been planning a trip for August 31-September 2(Labor Day weekend) in the hopes that we would miss the Star Wars crowds. I like Star Wars, but didn’t want to deal with crowds. Now that Galaxy’s Edge is opening 2 DAYS before our trip, should we bump the trip back, or just deal with the crowds so we can experience Star Wars. P.S. We also wanted to be able to go to food and wine fest, which is why we did late August instead of early. If anybody can help me, I’d really appreciate it!

Somebody help me please! My family has been planning a trip for August 31-September 2(Labor Day weekend) in the hopes that we would miss the Star Wars crowds. I like Star Wars, but didn’t want to deal with crowds. Now that Galaxy’s Edge is opening 2 DAYS before our trip, should we bump the trip back, or just deal with the crowds so we can experience Star Wars. P.S. We also wanted to be able to go to food and wine fest, which is why we did late August instead of early. If anybody can help me, I’d really appreciate it!
you could always avoid SWGE by going to the other parks, maybe visiting DHS later in the day.

Dear baby Jesus! I booked a non refundable trip to Disney world last week from August 29-September 2 Praying that there was no way that would be considered late fall and I would miss this insane opening. Wondering if it’s too late to trip insurance and cancel the whole thing. I have zero interest in dealing with these crowds!

There is little doubt HS will reach capacity the first week(s). It didn't "help" after the announcement that there was still a 30% off room deal going till end of Sept. I sift through the make a reservation site now and there is pretty much nothing left(Deluxe wise) those remaining days of the deal. A perfect storm if you will.

There is little doubt HS will reach capacity the first week(s). It didn't "help" after the announcement that there was still a 30% off room deal going till end of Sept. I sift through the make a reservation site now and there is pretty much nothing left(Deluxe wise) those remaining days of the deal. A perfect storm if you will.
I see everything available 8/28-8/30

I booked a non refundable DVC rental for Boardwalk 9/3 - 9/5 a month ago. Solo trip....(”mom reward” gift from my hubby) because of the low crowds. We used to do our family trips during that time when my kids were small and really miss traveling during that time when crowds are lighter. Now we do our family trip in the early summer. I went those same days last year and struggled to find things to use my anytime fast passes on b/c lines were so short. I was looking forward to another relatively quiet trip. Maybe I’ll just hang out on my balcony and watch it all from afar. It will be crazy. I have mixed emotions....excited, bummed, shocked....

No Sun in Fun rooms available for Pop during our trip now. 8/28-9/3 and I actually don't see ANY non-discounted Pop rooms available now. I just booked our SnF room for this time frame this morning.

Still SnF rooms available for AoA LM rooms.....ETA, not anymore!

Last edited:
Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park between May 31 and June 23, 2019, will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com and the Disney Parks Blog. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required.

The release also calls these dates “Phase One” of the opening. “Phase Two,” which includes Rise of the Resistance, will be “later this year.”

So why the dual opening? Well, according to Disney “In light of tremendous demand, Disney made the decision to open the land in phases to allow guests to sooner enjoy the one-of-a-kind experiences that make Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge so spectacular.”
safe_image.php

DISNEYLAND.DISNEY.GO.COM
Disneyland® Official Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!