Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm hoping it's because they want people to take a chance and book throughout fall, not just December.

I think they have just put everything as “Fall” -Galaxy’s Edge, MMRR, Skyliner, etc to sort of market everything together and have people book for everything not just for one specific thing - and more specifically the opening date of that one thing.

Plus I think the opening of one thing could impact the opening of the others, etc

I think they have just put everything as “Fall” -Galaxy’s Edge, MMRR, Skyliner, etc to sort of market everything together and have people book for everything not just for one specific thing - and more specifically the opening date of that one thing.

Plus I think the opening of one thing could impact the opening of the others, etc
good point. I'm assuming Skyliner and MMRR open first, get the transportation working properly and effectively , have a new attraction up and running smoothly, then open the big one

For anyone planning on being there opening day and just from my personal experience with opening day at Pandora, plan on, once inside Batuu to stay there until you are absolutely sure you want to leave. Once you leave the land you will probably won't be able to go back inside without making another line

For anyone planning on being there opening day and just from my personal experience with opening day at Pandora, plan on, once inside Batuu to stay there until you are absolutely sure you want to leave. Once you leave the land you will probably won't be able to go back inside without making another line

I hope they have lots of bathrooms.

good point. I'm assuming Skyliner and MMRR open first, get the transportation working properly and effectively , have a new attraction up and running smoothly, then open the big one

My expectation as well just think when each of those is ready might impact when GE opens.

Like if MMRR isn’t ready until November then they might wait until Dec for GE even if they could get it open in November

[QUOTE="rteetz, post: 60117791, member: 462852"

Disney shifted from saying Late Fall to Fall.[/QUOTE]

That’s interesting when did they announce the shift from late fall to fall?

[QUOTE="rteetz, post: 60117791, member: 462852"

Disney shifted from saying Late Fall to Fall.

That’s interesting when did they announce the shift from late fall to fall?[/QUOTE]
All of the latest Disney marketing says Fall instead of Late Fall.

We will be there Dec. 8-15 and I really hope we miss opening day/week.

This is our last disney trip for some time and I'd much rather not deal with the crowds. I would think opening in November would be ideal for us. I would think most of the insane crowds would die down a bit at that point.

We will be there Dec. 8-15 and I really hope we miss opening day/week.

This is our last disney trip for some time and I'd much rather not deal with the crowds. I would think opening in November would be ideal for us. I would think most of the insane crowds would die down a bit at that point.

I think you're wrong unfortunately. There will be no die down on the crowds at that point.

Following along. Hoping to be there in the early days but can't change our trip dates, so it's all going to be on luck. With a toddler, we definitely won't have the ability to wait in lines for hours, but we would love to walk around, experience the ambience, and eat at one of the restaurants. A fast pass for either ride would be icing on the cake. Fingers crossed for any sort of hard ticket event.

Posting and watching for a slightly different reason: my wife and I are planning to go Dec 2-7 for our anniversary, before the opening was even announced. We're hoping the opening DOESN'T happen during our trip, but I want to see what is expected of the land, and of the park in general, if it does happen. When Toy Story Land opened, did the crowds and lines increase throughout the park? Will it be contained to the Outpost?

We were hoping for an early fall opening to let the crowds abate a bit, or for it to land some time after our trip, but I'm planning for every possibility.......

We will be at WDW from November 8-16 2019 , we hope it is open by then, if not we hope they would have the soft opening by then.

Posting and watching for a slightly different reason: my wife and I are planning to go Dec 2-7 for our anniversary, before the opening was even announced. We're hoping the opening DOESN'T happen during our trip, but I want to see what is expected of the land, and of the park in general, if it does happen. When Toy Story Land opened, did the crowds and lines increase throughout the park? Will it be contained to the Outpost?

We were hoping for an early fall opening to let the crowds abate a bit, or for it to land some time after our trip, but I'm planning for every possibility.......
We were at HS during 11/17-24, 2018 the crowds were crazy at HS. The best scenario would be to catch a soft opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!