Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining - Oga’s + All Quick Service Food and Drinks

I think they took the word lava out now with the recent name changes. Ask if they’re still using the pepper if you go- it was a brand-new unadvertised thing, which is why reviews had not mentioned it. I don’t associate lava with spicy, but that was my first lava-themed food I think.
Well, lava is extremely hot. That’s why it’s often used when naming spicy (aka hot) food

We have a reservation for 10 for ogas and not all 10 will make it and its inside the 24 cancellation fee.

As long as at least someone shows up, do we avoid the $10 per person no show fees?

Just looking for clarification. Thanks

We have a reservation for 10 for ogas and not all 10 will make it and its inside the 24 cancellation fee.

As long as at least someone shows up, do we avoid the $10 per person no show fees?

You can modify the number of guests now on the app or site, you won't be penalized for the people that can't go and that way you open up space now for people that will look for a reservation today

You'll be fine as long as someone shows up. Modify it if you can, if not just let them know how many people you have at check in.

I posted on the regular restaurant board before seeing this thread - has anyone tried the plant based pasta at docking bay? it's finally something my son might eat which will allow us to eat in the land. curious if the fake meat alters the flavors (he HATES anything that would taste smokey or like bacon). wish it were just plain marinara.
I got the plant based pasta last week as an adult portion and it was actually really good. I am a vegetarian though, but don't think the plant based crumbles added any weird flavor and no smokiness as I wouldn't like that either. The plant based crumbles were nice and small and sauce was full of flavor in my opinion.

I just came from Oga’s Cantina after waiting in line 25 minutes to get in for my reservation.( After the reservation time). When we finally got shown inside we were told we would be standing at a standing bar/ table. Then they proceeded to try and stick 3 adults on the corner in a space for 1 person. My spouse literally had nowhere to stand. We looked at the menu for well over 5 minutes and no one came to take our order. We gave up and left. The place was jam packed like sardines. I’m not paying $18 for a drink or a snack if I don’t even have a place to rest it on. Meanwhile there were families filling the booths and the bar area with kiddos that were sharing a nonalcoholic drink at $6.50 between 3 of them. There is also a time limit of 45 minutes inside after which you must leave. I complained to the cast member outside and he pretty much told me I needed to make a reservation way ahead( I told him I had ) . He then told me I should ask for a booth on the reservation ( I told him I had). He then said it was busy all the time and as it was a family restaurant it was always going to be like this. They really need to stop squishing so many people inside at the same time. They could have made it bigger when they built it , it was terrible planning. Try being a disabled person in there ( I can’t imagine how they would get out in a fire). I would actually have spent quite a lot of money in there given the chance to actually have a few drinks without having my elbows knocked and my body squished by my neighbors at the “ trough”. That’s how it felt , like animal feeding. Needless to say I won’t be back.

I would have to agree. We had a reservation and had to wait in this huge line. And was told to speak with a CM with the tablet. So I did and asked again if the line was for reservations and they said people with reservations get first dibs. It seemed to me that bigger party's got the booths. Smaller 2-4 party's got the standing spots.

It took about 15 min till my name got called (party of 2). We got placed with a group of 4 standing at a table. It took awhile for a waitress to show up and take our order. With the 45 min time limit they were really slow at getting drink orders taken and than drinks handed out. The drinks were meh the only plus was just being able to see inside. Not having stools really sucked due to my feet being tiered from all day walking and standing still was legit killing me. So we drank our 1 drink and had to flag down our waitress yet again to get the bill. (Had empty glasses for atleast 10 min and no one came over to see if we wanted more or a bill).

One and done for us. Not worth the price.

I would strongly encourage reading up on restaurant experiences here before deciding whether or not to visit a place. In particular with Oga's the fact that you would most likely be standing and that it's a bit chaotic inside are well known and reported here in several threads about it. I totally get being disappointed if your expectations were that it would be more like the lounges in other parts of Disney, that just was never the case for this particular location.

Not speaking to anyone's opinion on the goodness/badness of it - just stating the known facts about the setup and process there.

I would strongly encourage reading up on restaurant experiences here before deciding whether or not to visit a place. In particular with Oga's the fact that you would most likely be standing and that it's a bit chaotic inside are well known and reported here in several threads about it. I totally get being disappointed if your expectations were that it would be more like the lounges in other parts of Disney, that just was never the case for this particular location.

Not speaking to anyone's opinion on the goodness/badness of it - just stating the known facts about the setup and process there.
The only thing that caught me off guard was the waiting. Waiting to get in waiting to get drinks and waiting to get my bill. With a 45 min time limit we only had 1 drink and stood there not able to find our waitress with empty glasses. I read reviews and others experiences so I knew we would be standing . Just giving my 2cents on wishing it was bigger with stools lol.

I would have to agree. We had a reservation and had to wait in this huge line. And was told to speak with a CM with the tablet. So I did and asked again if the line was for reservations and they said people with reservations get first dibs. It seemed to me that bigger party's got the booths. Smaller 2-4 party's got the standing spots.

It took about 15 min till my name got called (party of 2). We got placed with a group of 4 standing at a table. It took awhile for a waitress to show up and take our order. With the 45 min time limit they were really slow at getting drink orders taken and than drinks handed out. The drinks were meh the only plus was just being able to see inside. Not having stools really sucked due to my feet being tiered from all day walking and standing still was legit killing me. So we drank our 1 drink and had to flag down our waitress yet again to get the bill. (Had empty glasses for atleast 10 min and no one came over to see if we wanted more or a bill).

One and done for us. Not worth the price.
Definitely not. We've been 3 times and been seated twice, standing once. Just 2 of us.
We've had good service and reasonable waits to get in.
The one time we had standing it wasn't overfilled. Thankfully. It was full, don't get me wrong but there was a proper number of people on the table. Everyone had a spot at the table.
I don't get why sometimes they cram them in and other times the place the proper numbers

Definitely not. We've been 3 times and been seated twice, standing once. Just 2 of us.
We've had good service and reasonable waits to get in.
The one time we had standing it wasn't overfilled. Thankfully. It was full, don't get me wrong but there was a proper number of people on the table. Everyone had a spot at the table.
I don't get why sometimes they cram them in and other times the place the proper numbers
I mean to be fair the day we had our reservation the millennium falcon ride had a 2+ hour wait so it was a busy day.

I’m curious. Would some of the waiting problem be solved if we already knew what we wanted to order before walking through the doors, so that we could give it to our server straight away before they can “escape”? Likewise, I can calculate cost+6.5% tax+tip with the best of them. Could we pay in cash as soon as the server brings the drinks?

I’m curious. Would some of the waiting problem be solved if we already knew what we wanted to order before walking through the doors, so that we could give it to our server straight away before they can “escape”? Likewise, I can calculate cost+6.5% tax+tip with the best of them. Could we pay in cash as soon as the server brings the drinks?
yes you can do all the above

Reactions: EmJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!